Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2006, 10:03   #31
BHPian

i seriously think the adventure is surely smarter than the petra.. in tersm of everything...
looks apart..i dunno is the spare part problem of petra is solved or not..cos i had heard a lotta downfalls wen it came to spares of the petra..too high maintenance a car..
Old 11th October 2006, 10:08   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babe_on_wheels
i seriously think the adventure is surely smarter than the petra.. in tersm of everything...
looks apart..i dunno is the spare part problem of petra is solved or not..cos i had heard a lotta downfalls wen it came to spares of the petra..too high maintenance a car..
You are wrong babe_on_wheels. Yes, there was availability issues on Petra/Palio spares. But price wise it is less/comparable with Maruti/Hyundai.
Old 11th October 2006, 10:19   #33
BHPian

ooh i c..
but glad to knw the deficit is over...

its a good car though but id prefer advnture ovr petra
Old 11th October 2006, 10:38   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas
You are wrong babe_on_wheels. Yes, there was availability issues on Petra/Palio spares. But price wise it is less/comparable with Maruti/Hyundai.
Thanks Sivadas. But when will the mis-information end?
Old 11th October 2006, 10:49   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
Thanks Sivadas. But when will the mis-information end?
Guys now this is confusing me..!!

Whats the truth??
Old 11th October 2006, 10:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babe_on_wheels
Guys now this is confusing me..!!

Whats the truth??
What it means that people go on hear say than on data. The misinformation I was referring to is that of the Petra being a high maintenance car. So it was targetted, if that is the right word, at you.
Old 11th October 2006, 13:17   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative
What it means that people go on hear say than on data. The misinformation I was referring to is that of the Petra being a high maintenance car. So it was targetted, if that is the right word, at you.
Correct. Most of Petra spares are shared with the Palio, which has quite affordable spare parts. And same is the case with Adventure as well.

However, that holds true, if one is able to get the parts easily, and without any bad installation/servicing on the dealers/service-centers front.
Old 11th October 2006, 13:44   #38
BHPian

Hi All,

Thanks for advice. Though everyone are with Adventure, I have finalized with Petra. I wanted to have driving pleasure in my car. I wanted to have a car which can swallowed Indian roads. I wanted to have performance car. And I wanted to have all these within 5 Lakh bracket. I had found two cars which can fullfill my requirement Esteem and Petra. I have taken test ride of Adventure and Petra. But somehow I didnt feel driving pleasure in Adventure as compare to Petra. May be due to change of gear ratio in Adventure. Didnt like Esteem's look, though I found its great car for driver. But due to some personal reason I postpond my buying to Jan 2007.
Old 11th October 2006, 20:00   #39
Senior - BHPian

Jan 2007 new Petra is due accordign to news I read in magazines like autocar etc.. so Its right time Pawan, I might decide to buy new one for my parents, since they will be in back seat I consider Indigo as well I am just waiting for right car with right look

Petra is great car for sure.

Ravi.
Old 12th October 2006, 13:14   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat
Jan 2007 new Petra is due accordign to news I read in magazines like autocar etc.. so Its right time Pawan, I might decide to buy new one for my parents, since they will be in back seat I consider Indigo as well I am just waiting for right car with right look

Petra is great car for sure.

Ravi.
Somehow I didnt like Indica/Indigo look. So I didnt consider it in my list. Also build quality of Petra is far ahead of Indigo.
Old 12th October 2006, 14:48   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldie_malhotra
However, that holds true, if one is able to get the parts easily, and without any bad installation/servicing on the dealers/service-centers front.
Very true. Which is why people in Mumbai and Pune can go ahead and buy the Petra/Adventure/Palio with my blessings. About other places, I am not sure as I have not experienced them.
Old 12th October 2006, 15:26   #42
Senior - BHPian

Agreed Pawan, Indigo is right choice only for interior space and suspension but Petra has far better build quality than many of new cars also. I read in TOI Bangalore optra voted as number 1 in overdrive magazine for its build and ride quality, Petra has scored near to Optra ahead of many luxury cars too. VFM buy will be Petra for sure even comapred with adventure.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 12th October 2006, 18:43   #43
BHPian

Performance is also rated very high for Petra in last month's Overdrive magzine. All other performance car were high end cars which didnt fit in my budget. So if Petra cost around 5.5 can give you the build quality and performance of high end cars why dont we think of it.
Old 12th October 2006, 19:15   #44

HI Pawan....n all,

Hows u... I tried Adventure.... and after a survey for a month I booked adventure from Ashwamegh motors Pune...
Please let me know guys from Pune.... what price other showroom is offering...
will get back to u all soon
chao
rajeev
pune
Old 13th October 2006, 21:39   #45
BHPian

Cool...congrats....
you already seem to have your future plans set (from your avatar...the +1 gen adventure... ) Actually I have seen that one....its really good but doesnt have the beasty look that the current one has... however, the front bull bar and gaurd are better looking in the new one...
Anyways, the interiors are miles ahead.. I am sure if its gonna be launched, the price will also be proportional!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks