Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2006, 15:32   #61
BHPian

No Petas (Petrol) in Bangalore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_micky View Post

I'm interested in a Petra, but its not available in cochin.

Thanks!!

Cheers,
ICEMAN
Petras are not available in Bangalore too. Neither Javali Motors not Tata-Fiat dealers are selling Petrol Petras not. Only diesel Petras are available from Javali Motors.

Mohan.
Old 24th December 2006, 19:24   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Prabuddhadg,
Congratz on being a proud Petra owner. when and which dealer did u get your Petra from in mumbai. Also can you gimme the price for a Petra D..if you could find out?

I'm interested in a Petra, but its not available in cochin.

Thanks!!

Cheers,
ICEMAN
Hi A_micky / ICEMAN. Sorry for the delay. I have been pretty busy in office, and did not get a notice of your post on my mail. Anyway, the Petra is a great car. It is so exciting to drive, that I have just given up considering FE. I have a habit of keeping record of all fuel consumed and places visited daily, so incidentally, I have the FE numbers, 9.2 for about 1900km done till date. But let me tell you, the roads here in Bombay's western suburbs have been pretty nasty the past few days. In fact, I got my first scratch when an auto rickshaw came too close. But that I guess, is part of urban life. Small scratch, about 5mm- I shall have it touched up one of these days.
By the way, Anuroop Bombay does not have the Petra D though they say it is available if one orders. Price was Rs6.2 on Road Bombay for the ELX.
Old 25th December 2006, 05:03   #63
BHPian

Thanks for the update, Prabuddhadg.
I did contact Anuroop auto n they quoted 6.44 and i will have to spend additional to have it transported to Cochin.

I contacted my friend at Tata-Fiat, he deals with Fiat sales and informed me that Fiat is coming with 5 new vehicles in April-May' 07. So he said it will be worth waiting as 3 of the models will be Crdi and one model will be lookalike of Petra with price range between 5-6L.
Let me wait n give it a shot.

Cheers,
ICEMAN
Old 25th December 2006, 10:47   #64
BHPian

The one BIG plus point of Adventure is the all independant suspension system. During my 12 day 3000km road trip in the new Adventure, initially I was a little doubtful about getting off the road at high speeds, but had to do it once. I couldnt so believe the way it went off the tarmac and came back, that I did it a dozen times as in when one would pinch oneself :-)

But the flexibility of the GTX was sorely missed many a times when floating between lanes. It is probably as capable, but the high ground clearance instils a feel otherwise. I got to check that part out later.

@gshankar: Adventure, Petra and Palio all share the same components, so it isnt so different as one would think. And I think the value for money factor is outstanding for these cars (Got my Adventure for 5.6L!) I am no sucker for brands, but value/capability is one thing you can never dismiss when buying a vehicle.
Old 25th December 2006, 12:13   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update, Prabuddhadg.
I did contact Anuroop auto n they quoted 6.44 and i will have to spend additional to have it transported to Cochin.

Cheers,
ICEMAN
Hi ICEMAN, Fiat has some discount scheme or the other running on a monthly basis, which varies between 20k to 30k for all Petras. If you choose this car, make sure they give you that; last month, they were offering 30k, and I think they conveniently avoided mentioning that to you.
That could take care of transport to Cochin.
Anyway, take care.
Old 25th December 2006, 12:53   #66

Fiat- Palio/Adventure..... !!!

HI Guys,
Hows u all.... Congrats Prabuddha.... u will enjoy Petra...very much... Especially when it comes to overtaking.... hey but be carefull....
Send us snaps please.... Yes, i liked petra's interior ..much much better that Adventure....
on equick querry... In Adventure does anyone knows proportion of speed with RPM readings, considering its a straight road, full fuel tank and two person. Or any site where i can find this info..let me know please.
Secondly ... is it a fuel gauge or fuel indicator we have? Does is it actually tell us volume of fuel. Is it calibrated...or just a indicator?.
Yes, i know that low fuel indicator glows when less fuel... ...anyway..let me know...
till then.....cruuuzzzzzzzzz
rajg
Old 26th December 2006, 12:54   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajg View Post
In Adventure does anyone knows proportion of speed with RPM readings, considering its a straight road, full fuel tank and two person.
I dont think the load or road condition has got anything to do with speed-rpm-gear. Off hand I can tell you that Adventure hits 80kmph at 2100 rpm, 100kmph at 2700rpm, 120kmph at 3100rpm and 140kmph at 4000rpm, all in 5th overdrive.

So on 5th gear, at 2100 rpm, regarless of the people or load your speed will be 80kmph. This is my understanding. I am a jack of all trades, dont know if I am wrong :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks