Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2006, 00:27   #16
BHPian

I second that

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad
From the replies i have got on this forum as well as the message in my mailbox, one thing is for sure if team-bhp were to enter the print business I am sure autocarindia,overdrive,top gear india,bsmotoring would all run for cover.
Keep up the good work team-bhp.
I second that!.
Old 27th September 2006, 13:41   #17
BHPian

is a 2000 model (dark green shade) baleno for 2.25lacs(2nd owner) clocked 70k kms a good deal? considering the mechanicals are all fine. However the car is actually outside bangalore and just wondering what the RTO expenses will be..
Old 27th September 2006, 13:47   #18
Senior - BHPian

buying an out of state car is not worth the trouble unless it comes with a hefty discount. 2000 baleno, 2nd owner, 70 k kms, 2.25 is slightly high. 2nd owner cars do not fetch much, so consider the fact that when you sell that car, it would be a 3rd owner car & you will not get many buyers for that. add to this the Re-registration charges & other RTO expenses, it is certainly not worth the trouble.
Old 27th September 2006, 14:08   #19
BHPian

The probability ratio of an out-of-state car being a "stolen" one or a "crimed - in which a crime has been carried out/with the help of which a crime has been carried out". The cops too keep stopping u again n again, as then u be their fav. target.

Last edited by Insane Devil : 27th September 2006 at 14:09.
Old 27th September 2006, 15:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

Since the car has already done 70k ,I say dont go ahead with the deal.Look for another car which has not run so much may cost you 25-30k more right now but long term benefits will negate that.
Old 27th September 2006, 22:28   #21
BHPian

another option i have is that of a 2004 nov model, silver baleno (again delhi reg) , run only 8,000kms and the owner lives abroad. one of my pals uncle take care of the car by taking it for short rides, just to keep the dust off. the price quoted is 3.25L...again, in this case, is it worth teh trouble...considering i need to spend on RTO expenses?
whats the usual price of a decent baleno in bangalore?
Old 27th September 2006, 22:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

for 4 you will get a city1.5 type two..the crystal lights....thts a pretty good car.
Old 27th September 2006, 22:59   #23
Senior - BHPian

Now this is one second hand car which every second hand prospective buyer would dream of.You know the owner,has not been used much,you would know its service history well..

So only if the registration process in karnataka is really very expensive and tedious only then reject the car otherwise it would make sense to go for this particular car.
Old 27th September 2006, 23:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

According to the law, you are likely to be allowed to run your car in another State for about six months without paying the local taxes. Any extension in the duration of usage, if detected, could lead to penalties and, of course, you will also have to pay the local levies and re-register the vehicle.
So, if you intend to take the car into Bangalore and use it for commuting in that city for over a one-year period, it may be the only choice to pay the road tax applicable in that State and re-register the car with a local Regional Transport Authority/ Office (RTO). For this purpose, in addition to the regular documents required for registering the vehicle at the local RTO, you will also need a no-objection certificate (NOC) from the RTO at which the car is currently registered.
The Karnataka State life tax (road tax) will have to be paid by you and that could be as much as 6 per cent of the ex-showroom price of the vehicle. In addition, you will have to pay the relevant charges for re-registering the car.

source:
bsmotoring.com

Ps: You can claim reimbursement from your R.T.O. in Delhi.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 27th September 2006 at 23:06.
Old 27th September 2006, 23:03   #25
BHPian

Why not spend that 4, and Take a new machine for a lac more on EMI balance, You will get great deals at this time of the year.
Old 28th September 2006, 00:14   #26
BHPian

ur criteria is unclear

Sir,
First of all u have not specified how many kms/month average u run the car and secondly the number of people u wish to travel in the car? Without these factors it is really hard to suggest a car for u and i am really amazed at the way ppl suggest u cars or muvs. My advice would be if u run around 1000kms/month average and u have 4-5 ppl travellingu can outright purchase a brand new Santro with ac and power steering. With discounts being offered u can get it for 4 lakhs on road. If u have to go to airport with luggage occasionally use a luggage rack which can be easily fitted on the airport trip and the boot is enough to carry 3-4 50kgs rice bags. Also the maintainance is low for this car.
Old 28th September 2006, 12:01   #27
BHPian

Fieroid, please refrain from buying a outta state car as much as possible.

U will have to pay the lifetax on the car to the RTO in Karnataka, and that will amount to almost the same as a car of Karnataka rego!
Old 28th September 2006, 18:17   #28
BHPian

Hi Rahul,

for 3.5 to 4 lakhs are you sure you can get a base qualis?

Hi Fieroid,

I have been in bangalore for almost 6 years. I got my bike registration changed from Gujarat to Karnataka. Now let me list the Pains that you will have to face if you get an outstate car registered in Bangalore.
1> Get an NOC from the RTO where the car is currently registered. This will further call for a letter from the police station of the area under which the address of the current owner falls, mentioning no police case is registered under this car.
2> Go to the RTO near your house and fill Transfer forms which come only in kannada (4 years back they were only available in kannada). So I hope you can read kannada well and mind you this is going to be pure kannada which even gave some of my local kannadiga friends a pain as well.
3> Stand in a queue and submit the road tax for Karnataka. For a baleno it can come to somewhere around 50 Grand plus. 30 grands they had quoted for my FIL's little 800.
4> After 2-3 weeks follow up with them to collect the endorsed copy of your registration where it is mentioned that you have paid tax for Karnataka state.
5> Give a hand written application for getting a Karnataka Registration and submit all your original papers for the car.
6> Again after 2-3 weeks follow up and collect your KArnataka Registration Book.

Does it sounds exciting at all go for the Delhi car. Option number 2 as mentioned by Rahul that for 6 months drive it. Later you are on your own. If got caught pay penalty else you are a lucky chap.
Old 29th September 2006, 06:07   #29
BHPian

thanks for the reply.
@raja_ys - i already own a 2001 zen and intend to mainly sell it coz its too cramped for long drives, prone to get abused faster on bad road and above all can seat only 4-5ppl max. my first option was a bolero, but then some suggested me not to go for one, coz they say its hard to maintain one etc..the baleno was a thought given to me by my friend and told me about this non-KA car. i'm really not keen on a baleno as such, but will pick one if it comes my way.
i'm basically a biker and spend most of my time working on bikes and planning races. a 4-wheeler is mainly for long drives and weekend rounds. i carry my family quite often around city my long drives normally includes 5 + luggage. what i need is a pretty spacious car, decent performer, less thirsty (diesel or petrol) and my budget is around 3+L . my average dist per month is 1000km, but might exceed with long drives occasionally. my zen might get sold in a week or two, so...
what are my choices?
cars in mind
1.bolero
2.baleno
3.sierra 4x4(hard to find one)
4.esteem(howz the diesel?)
5.indica turbo
still thinking!
Old 29th September 2006, 09:58   #30
BHPian

Patience...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaypalrana
1> Get an NOC from the RTO where the car is currently registered. This will further call for a letter from the police station of the area under which the address of the current owner falls, mentioning no police case is registered under this car.
2> Go to the RTO near your house and fill Transfer forms which come only in kannada (4 years back they were only available in kannada). So I hope you can read kannada well and mind you this is going to be pure kannada which even gave some of my local kannadiga friends a pain as well.
3> Stand in a queue and submit the road tax for Karnataka. For a baleno it can come to somewhere around 50 Grand plus. 30 grands they had quoted for my FIL's little 800.
4> After 2-3 weeks follow up with them to collect the endorsed copy of your registration where it is mentioned that you have paid tax for Karnataka state.
5> Give a hand written application for getting a Karnataka Registration and submit all your original papers for the car.
6> Again after 2-3 weeks follow up and collect your KArnataka Registration Book.
I've been through steps 1-5, (luckily, I got instant endorsement of road-tax on original RC), but looking at the state of files (and pathetic behavior of babus) in the RTO office in Jaynagar, I realized giving them the original RC would not be a brilliant idea. So, I still have the original RC with karnataka road tax endorsement on it.

All said, I strongly second vijaypalrana's opinion and advise against such adventerous things.

Even if you have lot of free time, spend it reading archives, rather than haggling with those babus

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks