Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2006, 15:12   #16
Senior - BHPian

Its too early for anybody to give a good answer for this verna[petrol] vs city question.

Just imagine if Toyota had come up with the vios as well in this segment,then
we sure would have had our hands full at the what-car section in team-bhp atleast.

With regards to discounts from honda ,just wait for a few months and depending on the verna petrol versions success/failure we will hear something on that front from Honda India.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 27th September 2006 at 15:18.
Old 27th September 2006, 15:17   #17
BHPian

Well it should be the Verna. Test drive both the cars and make a decision. The mileage fight will be very close.
Old 27th September 2006, 17:08   #18
BHPian

"The bad starts seeming bad when good comes in."

someone great dead said!
Old 27th September 2006, 17:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
whose braking, i presume is superior to the gxi, not to speak of hyundai verna.
with the option of ABS in Verna, obviously Verna's brakes are more superior!

doe NHC have this? (its a question, not a challenging statement!)
Old 27th September 2006, 17:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Devil
with the option of ABS in Verna, obviously Verna's brakes are more superior!

doe NHC have this? (its a question, not a challenging statement!)
I think EL was being cynical here about your theory that the Vtec braking is superior to the GXI that's all
Old 27th September 2006, 17:40   #21
Senior - BHPian

thanks suman. i dont own any of the cars in question, but have driven the city a lot & didn't find, for a moment that its brakes were "Pathetic". just my experience, though..obviously i didn't get into a situation where i had to squeal my tyres. lol
Old 27th September 2006, 18:15   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm... wizofoz says that resale value is his prime criterion for choosing the car.

So do all those who are suggesting Verna, believe that it will hold its value better than NHC ?
Old 27th September 2006, 20:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizofoz
I am (or was !) considering buying the NHC GXi. But it looks like the Verna changes everything.

The main criteria for me is good resale value. I plan to drive the car in the city (Bangalore) and sell it in about 2 years time. I like the Honda brand better and the NHC is quite refined. If they were to offer discounts, I would probably buy the NHC over the Verna. Any thoughts?
Your answer is in your post itself (the bold part).

The Verna is just out and though it looks like a good deal, only time will tell how it fares (with the OK pricing, I feel it is going to do good). Honda holds its value better and resale being your prime criteria, NHC is the way to go. Also it is a proven good car for city driving, which is where you plan to drive most of the time. And to top it, you get the best-in-class FE too.

Honda does offer discounts (I was offered 40K, but by that time I had already bought the Baleno) and if the Verna hits it bad, I am sure you will get some if you wait. But, don't count on that also.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 27th September 2006 at 20:48.
Old 28th September 2006, 12:04   #24
BHPian

Esteem lover, its all how one drives...

The way we drove the Verna, we found that ABS braking was compulsory for us in it, while the Honda City we have in our group was really bad in braking, as the driving styles of me and my cousins are all similar.

He is one really dissatisfied NHC owner, when it comes to the performance of the car pickup and braking wise. So is planning to dump it off and go for the Verna with ABS.
Old 29th September 2006, 12:38   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Adding to the fuel on the fire already burning around NHC , I must say that NHC is good only for someone who likes good interiors and decent power to chug around the town and absolutely not for somebody who likes performance as part of the package. I always thought NHC was overpriced and Verna is going to prove just that fact...and how its going to prove

Like all agree, Verna & NHC will be a close fight in terms of average but, the power delivery and performance of Verna is absolutely amazing ( have taken a longgggg test drive of all Verna Variants). As Insane Devil rightly mentioned, the wooden trims in 1.6 looks super cool and gives you a richer than real feel.

Finally to sum it up, being an ex-santro owner for 4 years, I never had an opportunity to complain about their A.S.S.

My two cents to people contemplating between Verna Vs NHC. Straightaway go for Verna 1.6 !!!!
Old 29th September 2006, 14:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

For the price of NHC GXi, you will get Verna CRDi. I guess this is a better option & good deal. But if you want nothing of diesel, you can take test drive of both NHC & Verna CVVT and choose the one you liked. Though Verna CVVT is cheaper than NHC.
Old 29th September 2006, 15:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
Adding to the fuel on the fire already burning around NHC, I must say that NHC is good only for someone who likes good interiors and decent power to chug around the town
So what new did you add to the fire? These "cons" of the NHC are known to everyone here. And for a user sticking to mostly city driving and not rev-crazy, these are actually strengths.

Quote:
and absolutely not for somebody who likes performance as part of the package.
For that you have the Vtec.

Quote:
I always thought NHC was overpriced and Verna is going to prove just that fact...and how its going to prove
Don't bet on it. The primary foe is the Fiesta, the NHC will take only a comparitively minor hit. The Aveo is anyway history. Anyway, some competition will be good. Atleast, the Sundaram monopoly will shake a bit in T.Nadu.

The NHC sure is overpriced for its specs (compared to what competitors offer for less), but then that is market dynamics and the effect of brand power, product reliability etc.

Quote:
Like all agree, Verna & NHC will be a close fight in terms of average
On this forum, this is the 2nd person mentioning a close fight between the NHC and Verna on FE. Common guys, you got any facts to support this ? The NHC has been here for sometime now and after the initially hyped high FE, most users report an FE of around 13kmpl in city. Compare this to the Verna's siblings for which we have data currently - Accent1.5 and Getz1.3 both give 10kmpl in city. And you say that it will be a close call between NHC and the Verna which is a 1.6 ? Unless you have facts, please do not make such claims.
Old 29th September 2006, 15:42   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
At what price? More than a lac approx above the GXI right? Taking it way beyond comparison?
Quote:
Don't bet on it. The primary foe is the Fiesta, the NHC will take only a comparitively minor hit.
Which Fiesta version?
SB, read the powerpoint presentation that was put up. See which cars the Verna is pitched against - you'll be surprised. The NHC is in the direct line of Fire as well - and this is a Hyundai presentation
Quote:
On this forum, this is the 2nd person mentioning a close fight between the NHC and Verna on FE. Common guys, you got any facts to support this ? Unless you have facts, please do not make such claims.
SB, on a lighter note, I hope you are not defecting to the Honda camp? The Baleno fraternity will be heartbroken
Old 29th September 2006, 16:01   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So what new did you add to the fire? These "cons" of the NHC are known to everyone here. And for a user sticking to mostly city driving and not rev-crazy, these are actually strengths.

I guess you dont understand the meaning of "package" it means more features in " same car' gotcha???

Don't bet on it. The primary foe is the Fiesta, the NHC will take only a comparitively minor hit. The Aveo is anyway history. Anyway, some competition will be good. Atleast, the Sundaram monopoly will shake a bit in T.Nadu.

cool, your talking my language here. we dont need monopolies anywhere in the country. competition keeps these guys on their toes

The NHC sure is overpriced for its specs (compared to what competitors offer for less), but then that is market dynamics and the effect of brand power, product reliability etc.

On this forum, this is the 2nd person mentioning a close fight between the NHC and Verna on FE. Common guys, you got any facts to support this ? The NHC has been here for sometime now and after the initially hyped high FE, most users report an FE of around 13kmpl in city. Compare this to the Verna's siblings for which we have data currently - Accent1.5 and Getz1.3 both give 10kmpl in city. And you say that it will be a close call between NHC and the Verna which is a 1.6 ? Unless you have facts, please do not make such claims.

Dude, chill!!!!! as we all know these are all assumptions so dont get your garter belt in a twist i assumed like everyone else due to VTVT technology instead of 10-11 for previous petrol accents it should have an improved FE, 2-4kms depending on independent driving styles..so just chill and this is only a forum for giving individual opinions....so like i said..you need not lose your sleep over it .
Old 29th September 2006, 16:20   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
SB, on a lighter note, I hope you are not defecting to the Honda camp? The Baleno fraternity will be heartbroken
I see a connection here, both are JAPS!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks