Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2006, 16:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman
At what price? More than a lac approx above the GXI right? Taking it way beyond comparison?
You do have a point there. But if there are so many Indians out there to pay a premium for the NHC, I do not think the ones looking for performance will shirk from paying it for the Vtec. I might be wrong too.

Quote:
Which Fiesta version?
SB, read the powerpoint presentation that was put up. See which cars the Verna is pitched against - you'll be surprised. The NHC is in the direct line of Fire as well - and this is a Hyundai presentation
I did not say that NHC sales will not be affected. I just said it will be affected less than what happens to Fiesta. I guess price-wise, the Fiesta is more in the same band as Verna. Thus, the possibility of a consumer defecting from Fiesta is more than from NHC, which anyway is for guys who are ready to pay a premium.

Quote:
SB, on a lighter note, I hope you are not defecting to the Honda camp? The Baleno fraternity will be heartbroken
There are no camps, Suman. Only cars/makes that one likes and those that we do not. I still like Suzuki cars. I like Honda also, but do not like paying a premium for any brand. Thus I won't go for that option.
Old 29th September 2006, 16:26   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
Dude, chill!!!!! as we all know these are all assumptions so dont get your garter belt in a twist i assumed like everyone else due to VTVT technology instead of 10-11 for previous petrol accents it should have an improved FE, 2-4kms depending on independent driving styles..so just chill and this is only a forum for giving individual opinions....so like i said..you need not lose your sleep over it.
Facts are different from assumptions / opinions. No ones loosing sleep anywhere. Just that it is better to get the facts right, instead of making misleading claims.
Old 29th September 2006, 16:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
I guess price-wise, the Fiesta is more in the same band as Verna. Thus, the possibility of a consumer defecting from Fiesta is more than from NHC, which anyway is for guys who are ready to pay a premium.
What I'm pointing out is that "Fiesta" is a generic term given the fact that there is a Petrol 1.4, a Petrol 1.6 & a TDCI 1.4; the Verna TDCI is pitched against the Fiesta TDCI AND the NHC specifically.

And what are the NHC fans paying the premium for by the way? Just the Honda brand image if you ask me but its their money so.......

Last edited by suman : 29th September 2006 at 16:34.
Old 29th September 2006, 16:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Oh, OK. I get it. I was more talking about competition between the petrols.
Sorry for the confusion.
Old 29th September 2006, 18:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What I'm pointing out is that "Fiesta" is a generic term given the fact that there is a Petrol 1.4, a Petrol 1.6 & a TDCI 1.4; the Verna TDCI is pitched against the Fiesta TDCI AND the NHC specifically.
Verna TDCI against Fiesta TDCI, sure but NHC, I personally don't think so.

I haven't driven the Verna but we will see how Verna fares in refinement department. Having peppy engine is one thing and how that power is delivered to the wheels is another.

Quote:
And what are the NHC fans paying the premium for by the way? Just the Honda brand image if you ask me but its their money so.......
Premium against what ? Verna ? C'mon the car hasn't been out there yet.
Lets hold our judgements on that till we all drive it.

As an aside, most of the people pay premium for the brand else the multibillion industry that deals with branding wouldn't exist.
Old 29th September 2006, 19:41   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude
Verna TDCI against Fiesta TDCI, sure but NHC, I personally don't think so
Please read my post - I'm referring to the powerpoint presentation that we saw on this forum; I'm not talking about what you or me think
Quote:
Premium against what ? Verna ? C'mon the car hasn't been out there yet.

As an aside, most of the people pay premium for the brand else the multibillion industry that deals with branding wouldn't exist.
So what is your point? Isn't that what I'm saying? Again, please read my post in conjunction with SB's comment about people buying the NHC
Old 29th September 2006, 22:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please read my post - I'm referring to the powerpoint presentation that we saw on this forum; I'm not talking about what you or me think
No offence mate. I was expressing my opinion about the pitching of Verna TDCI against NHC. It had nothing to do with the fact that it came from a presentation or your opinion.

Quote:
So what is your point? Isn't that what I'm saying? Again, please read my post in conjunction with SB's comment about people buying the NHC
No, I am saying something different. premium for brand is applicable the if products are equally capable. My point was that we don't know if Verna is as capable as NHC.
Old 30th September 2006, 10:02   #38
Senior - BHPian

Then why are Honda running scared?

No offense taken Hondadude, I can understand your allegience to your brand. However, forget about Hyundai, can you tell me why Honda have started an anti-diesel campaign on their website a couple of days before the Verna launch if the crdi was no threat or competition to the nhc? Why would they need to? Insecurity I guess............or maybe facing up to the reality perhaps, who knows? I for one found that ad campaign quite RIDICULOUS to say the least
Old 30th September 2006, 10:49   #39
BHPian

Also what about this ? -

Honda Unveils Ultra-Clean diesel system

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...el-system.html

http://money.cnn.com/2006/09/24/auto...reut/index.htm
Old 30th September 2006, 14:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No offense taken Hondadude, I can understand your allegience to your brand. However, forget about Hyundai, can you tell me why Honda have started an anti-diesel campaign on their website a couple of days before the Verna launch if the crdi was no threat or competition to the nhc? Why would they need to? Insecurity I guess............or maybe facing up to the reality perhaps, who knows? I for one found that ad campaign quite RIDICULOUS to say the least
If Hyundai is trying to position Verna TDCi against NHC (which they seem to in their preso), that implies that they are not confident about their Petrol cars taking on NHC. Usually in India, when people think of diesel they think of cheap and noisy cars. So that is why Hyundai will play the cost of ownership angle and Honda will defend that by highlighting the refinement and countering the cost of ownership angle by highlighting the rise in diesel prices.

Honda can't take the high ground till Verna is thoroughly tested. As of now it's pitched squarely in the NHC territory and its prudent for them to react.

As an aside, I have no allegience to Honda or any other brand. I would gladly buy any other car that satisfies my needs and fits in my budget.
Old 30th September 2006, 18:13   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Honda can't take the high ground till Verna is thoroughly tested. As of now it's pitched squarely in the NHC territory and its prudent for them to react.
They can always choose to ignore the Verna can't they? If they do have such a superior product that is......I'm not seeing Chevrolet trying to defend their petrol models so why is Honda reacting?
Old 30th September 2006, 18:28   #42

Quote:
They can always choose to ignore the Verna can't they? If they do have such a superior product that is......I'm not seeing Chevrolet trying to defend their petrol models so why is Honda reacting?
I think its a simple jungle rule the leader has to defend his position and as Honda is the leader they will, in case of GM they are not even able to stand on their own foot why will they spend energy on defending, and what does GM has to defend
Old 30th September 2006, 18:50   #43
BHPian

Why dont we wait for a few more days till the acceleration and mileage figures of Verna are out?

Anyway performance of Verna will be ofcourse greater than NHC. It'll be the mileage fight between the two. Speaking of reliability Hyundai cars are equivalent or even better than Honda cars according to various survey studies.
Old 30th September 2006, 23:44   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepkant
Quote:
I think its a simple jungle rule the leader has to defend his position and as Honda is the leader they will, in case of GM they are not even able to stand on their own foot why will they spend energy on defending, and what does GM has to defend
. GM is selling a lot less than NHC.

I picked up the copy of latest AutoCar today and if their first drive of Verna is any indication, NHC has nothing to worry about.
Old 1st October 2006, 19:55   #45
BHPian

Quote:
. GM is selling a lot less than NHC.

I picked up the copy of latest AutoCar today and if their first drive of Verna is any indication, NHC has nothing to worry about.
If you're talking about sales figures, then you should see that Accent and City's sales figures are really close. In some months the Accent even had a lead over city starting from Jan 2006. Considering Accent as a dated model, isnt that an achievement from hyundai's point of view?

The Verna will not be having mammoth sales as Accent will still continue to sell. But the Verna has the potential to change the story later on.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks