Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which D-Segment sedan would you choose?
Hyundai Elantra 80 13.49%
Toyota Corolla Altis 102 17.20%
Skoda Octavia 223 37.61%
Volkswagen Jetta 168 28.33%
Chevrolet Cruze 20 3.37%
Voters: 593. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2024, 01:51   #181
BHPian

Re: Need Help for Buying a Pre-owned Car

Rightly put @mayankk.

One man’s tragedy is another man’s opportunity is perfectly summed up when it comes to Delhi’s deathbed for cars.

Plenty of Vernas and Rapids should be on sale of that spec. Elantra and Cruze will be hard to find, might need to look a bit harder, maybe some dealers might be able to source one.
SixPistons is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 07:49   #182
Senior - BHPian

If diesel is actually what you desire then why aren’t you considering a Laura/Jetta or an Octavia? The VW auto group didn’t go through diesel gate for nothing; their diesel mills are arguably the best (Hyundai’s are even more refined and impressive however 1.6 liter motor in the Elantra feels small). If you’re lucky you might even come across a 1.4tsi Jetta or Octavia if you’re into considering a petrol.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2024, 16:34   #183

Re: The D-segment sedan battle: Elantra vs Corolla Altis vs Octavia vs Jetta vs Cruze

If you are looking for a reliable diesel then why not consider Corolla Altis Diesel. The engine yes it is small for the car but it gets the job done. You will get good deals in the used market. Also it meets your requirements.
Old 24th January 2024, 20:32   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryannzx View Post
Hello TeamBHP, I am Aryann and I am currently completing my bachelor's degree in Automobile Engineering from Punjab and live in Mohali.

Now I have my eyes on a few models and have a rather small budget but need your help in deciding on which to go for.

Just for your information I am looking for a Diesel Sedan with a Manual transmission, I d

1. Hyundai Elantra 2013-2015
This is my most preferred model out of all as I personally love the looks and it almost ticks all the boxes.

2. Volkswagen Vento & Skoda Rapid 2014-2019

3. Hyundai Verna 2016-2019

4. Chevrolet Cruze 2013-2016
Looking at your choice list I think the VW/Skoda option would be the most fun with you being into Automobile Engg and won't have issues taking care of the mechanical side where most laymen get flustered. And youre not going for DSG so thats sorted too. You will understand how much more robust these engines are built in comparision to the rest(except the Chevy Cruz which is a good engine too). Being into automobile I think you would appreciate the better machine and how good they can be if properly maintained.
Not that the others are very bad but I think the VW/Skoda is the superior of the lot and you would be able to handle it nicely. And since you want diesel, this is the best diesel amongst the list. Hands down.
About the Cruz, its handling is a bit off to some people and parts availability will be a bigger headache procuring. Maybe be manageable since you're close to Delhi though.
I wouldn't suggest a Laura though because age-wise it wouldn't be wise to have to maintain and its quite a bit wonky cumbersome electronics and other peripherals. Almost the same with Jetta though it is a simpler(than Laura), fabulous machine if you get a good bicely maintained sample.
My all-time favourite is the Octavia and you would be thrilled with a diesel spec Octavia too!

Good luck with the search

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th January 2024 at 21:51. Reason: quote tags
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks