Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which of the following will you choose?
Honda Amaze 159 45.43%
Maruti Dzire 58 16.57%
Hyundai Xcent 4 1.14%
Ford Aspire 75 21.43%
VW Ameo 22 6.29%
Tata Tigor 28 8.00%
Other (please specify in your post) 4 1.14%
Voters: 350. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2018, 00:25   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda Amaze vs the competitors

Powerdrift and Zigwheels join forces to bring out this comparison video of the Amaze v/s DZire -

Conclusion - Performance, big boot and a spacious cabin are reasons to pick the Amaze. But if performance is not the top priority, DZire does everything a little bit better.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th August 2018 at 00:27.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 15:45   #32
Senior - BHPian

Not interested in sub 4 meter sedans, but if it really comes to that, I would go for the Dzire. Few months back I got a feel of Tata Tigor, Dzire AMT and Jazz CVT. The Dzire AMT was not so jerky to be a deal breaker, nor was the rubber-band effect of the Jazz CVT. I personally liked the AMT simply because it also had a manual mode to shift gears the way we want and the Jazz's CVT rubber band effect simply removed the 'rush' one gets when the Accelerator pedal is shoved deeper. The Dzire also has better interiors and does come with some feel good stuff like LED projectors and precision-cut alloy wheels. Amaze feels a bit boxy.

If someone is going to keep the car for more than 6 years, he might as well have a look at the maintenance costs. I might be wrong, but as far as I know, CVTs are sensitive to how they are used and maintained, and replacing one can cost a bomb. AMTs on the other hand will be comparatively cheaper to maintain.

If someone really wants to save money, needs a dose of exclusivity and doesn't mind a mediocre engine, the Tigor is the best choice. The rear seats might be a tight fit for 3 but boy are they comfortable for two !
Not to mention it also comes with better music system and the boot space is almost the same as the best seller !
NiInJa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 15:54   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
If someone is going to keep the car for more than 6 years, he might as well have a look at the maintenance costs. I might be wrong, but as far as I know, CVTs are sensitive to how they are used and maintained, and replacing one can cost a bomb. AMTs on the other hand will be comparatively cheaper to maintain.

If someone really wants to save money, needs a dose of exclusivity and doesn't mind a mediocre engine, the Tigor is the best choice. The rear seats might be a tight fit for 3 but boy are they comfortable for two !
Not to mention it also comes with better music system and the boot space is almost the same as the best seller !
I also feel the same. Tigor is the best looking sub 4m sedan today, followed by Aspire, IMO.

Sad that the weight and engine combo on Tigor is like a fat man on low carb diet, otherwise, a better engine would have made the Tigor an obvious choice. It has everything going for it - looks, comfy seats, sorted road manners, good build quality (compared to other offerings in the segment) and large & usable boot.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 08:19   #34
srh
BHPian

I would prefer the Tata Zest any day. Solid build, spacious, decent engines, good ICE and competitively priced (including spares).
srh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 15:29   #35
BHPian

Voted for Tigor. The reason for me ditching the Amaze is only because of the looks of the front grills, which I could not digest. Else, it was a clear winner, with Tigor following closely (not so close, but yeah, that was the second). My neighbourhood has a new Amaze and I am unable to bear the big chrome plate upfront. Not me alone, my wife who normally contradicts with me when it comes to look also was with me this time.

I recently bought Tata Nexon, even if Amaze was from a different segment, I had considered this for a very brief time (as it had the paddle shifts!!!, no other reasons). Took a test drive, but could not bear the looks. Immediately after this, we went to the Tata showroom and liked Nexon. Here I loved the front look & hated the back, but my wife's likings were exactly opposite!!!!

Tigor and Aspire were tied in my calculation, chose Tigor only for being an Indian product.
Xcent was very close to this, reason being, the space inside (I felt it cramped), else all the 3 were tied together.
Dzire was next in line. Despite of being a very good car by itself and good looking (I love the looks), I don't like their new engines and build quality is something to be "Dzired" for. Also, I love only SCross from Maruti stable.
Ameo was a distant last - didn't like the car's rear view. Neither the sound it produces when started (petrol Ameo was never in contention). Then, the fact that it being a VW product, I would not touch - this alone dragged it to a very distant last. Else, the build quality was superb, driving was superb and interiors fit & finish were excellent.

Hence my vote is for Tigor.

Last edited by Jakku : 7th September 2018 at 15:34. Reason: Adding content to clarify.
Old 18th October 2018, 10:57   #36
BANNED

Tigor P XZ+ Vs Aspire P Titanium

Hi

I am looking for a replacement for my iKon 1.6 Exi and have been scouting for options. Currently looking between Tigor P XZ+ vs Aspire P Titanium vs Aspire P Titanium+.

Priorities:
- Easier and Comfier to drive in Chennai Traffic
- Durability as we may have this for minimum 5 years
- Mileage
- Maintenance
- Features / Bells and whistles.

Can I also get a view on most frequently occurring or known issues in either models.
tosathyas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2018, 20:14   #37
BHPian

Re: Tigor P XZ+ Vs Aspire P Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosathyas View Post
Hi

I am looking for a replacement for my iKon 1.6 Exi and have been scouting for options. Currently looking between Tigor P XZ+ vs Aspire P Titanium vs Aspire P Titanium+.

Priorities:
- Mileage
- Maintenance

Can I also get a view on most frequently occurring or known issues in either models.
Since you're upgrading from a Ford, I would suggest upgrading to the Aspire Titanium Plus.

Fords are really easy on the pocket when it comes to maintenance and they're fun to drive too! But Coming from the Ikon, you wouldn't find the Aspire as well built or fun to drive as your Ikon.

Feature wise, the Aspire comes pretty loaded with Ford's Sync 3, Auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers and more on the Titanium Plus variant.

The 1.2 Dragon series engine in the Aspire is much more punchy and powerful than the the Tigor's petrol motor.

Also, may I suggest stretching the budget and getting the Titanium Plus Diesel. Since you wanted good mileage too, the Diesel would be a better option.

Last edited by Prathiiik : 18th October 2018 at 20:17.
Prathiiik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2018, 22:03   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tigor P XZ+ Vs Aspire P Titanium

Quote:
Originally Posted by tosathyas View Post
Hi

Priorities:
- Mileage
- Maintenance

A hatchback stays with its buyer for a lot less time than a compact sedan, thanks to more space , boot etc

Why not get a vehicle that looks a lot like a Sedan than a hatchback with a boot?

While you are at it, get a better engine, a 3 cylinder engine is marvelous on paper, but you are going to get bored of a car with it pretty soon, 5 years is a long time. So why not get a 4 cylinder engine?

A strong engine matters, city or highway. I don't have to say that to a Josh machine owner. Hope this helps.
Old 20th October 2018, 07:17   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
CVT is the most reliable of the lot - there have been no issues reported with Honda's CVTs in the market.

Maruti's AMTs have known issues with the lower 3 cylinder cars like the Celerio and Alto but are good with the 4 cylinder engine combination. The issues are well documented here: URL (Maruti's AMT woes).
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 18:07   #40
BHPian

Voted for the Dzire as my mother liked it the most amongst all of the candidates here.
She has a driver and so automatics were not considered. I simply took her to each of the showrooms and made her sit in the back and drove around for a bit.
She made up her mind to buy the Dzire petrol z+ version post all the drives. Her reason? She liked the interiors of this car the most and since sister already has an Xcent, no point in acquiring another.
Needless to say, this one does not do that many miles and does not do any out of town travel.
Old 20th October 2018, 20:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

Haven't got any definitive answer but people who claim that AMT Is lower maintenance, have they considered higher clutch wear and tear in AMT cars? Reliable CVTs like those of Honda almost need no maintenance from the reports I have read on the forum.
SPARKled is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 21:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Haven't got any definitive answer but people who claim that AMT Is lower maintenance, have they considered higher clutch wear and tear in AMT cars? Reliable CVTs like those of Honda almost need no maintenance from the reports I have read on the forum.
AMT is fairly new technology and we haven't seen many ownership review where owners have done >75,000 km. That being said, I think it should be pretty reliable as any computer can engage a clutch well. Clutch is a part that wears out, so I think it'd be harsh to call a AMT cars high maintenance unless the clutch fails <55-60,000 km.
CVTs and Torque converters are the most reliable- just needing transmission fluid replacements every few years.

Last edited by landcruiser123 : 20th October 2018 at 21:09.
Old 21st October 2018, 10:49   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by landcruiser123 View Post
AMT is fairly new technology and we haven't seen many ownership review where owners have done >75,000 km. That being said, I think it should be pretty reliable as any computer can engage a clutch well. Clutch is a part that wears out, so I think it'd be harsh to call a AMT cars high maintenance unless the clutch fails <55-60,000 km.
CVTs and Torque converters are the most reliable- just needing transmission fluid replacements every few years.
Clutch riding is pretty common with AMTs and I have already seen many people changing clutches and associated hardware by 20k kms. Not sure if its a general trend but I know 3 such people who have done this.
SPARKled is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 22:10   #44
BHPian

Voted for Amaze keeping Diesel CVT in mind as an overall package of convinience and economy.

My choices as per fuel and transmission combinations.

1. Diesel auto - Amaze 1.5 CVT
2. Diesel manual - Aspire 1.5 TDCI
3. Petrol auto - Aspire 1.5 AT
- Tigor AMT (for the buyer on a budget)
4. Petrol manual - Dzire 1.2 VTVT

Drive safe
surjaonwheelz
surjaonwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2019, 20:26   #45
BHPian

A lot has changed over the past few months with regards to Compact Sedans. They have gained some acceptance and popularity too!

My vote would be dependent on GB + Engine requirement.

Manual Petrol Amaze

Manual Diesel Aspire

Automatic Petrol Amaze (CVT)

Automatic Diesel Ameo (DSG)

Since sub 4 mtrs are a compromise of sort. Special mention for Best Compromise Maruti Suzuki Dzire

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th November 2019 at 18:39. Reason: Typo: moved (CVT) to appropriate spot, was mentioned as Manual Petrol Amaze (CVT) earlier

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks