Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2007, 13:47   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor0012 View Post
Hi Appuchan.. Final query - If it was a contest between Verna Xi vs SX4 Vxi, which would would win in terms of fuel efficiency, looks, interiors etc???
I wish I could answer this. As mentioned earlier I have not driven SX4. So cannot comment on "dynamics" part. Regarding "statics" like looks, interiors etc I liked Verna when compared to SX4 of similar trim levels. FE and Looks are very subjective. IMHO, interiors of Verna has better fit and finish than comparable SX4 trim levels.

In any case, I highly recommend you to have a detailed TD for both cars and make a good decision. There is no point in asking opinions beyond a point as you keep getting more confused.
Old 31st May 2007, 14:24   #32
BHPian

victor, vxi is available in 8 days or so (atleast back here in mumbai) so it compares well with verna's time lines, the zxi is purely a super value package, however priced 70 + above..but still I would go for the sx4 , if given a choice.
Old 2nd June 2007, 17:21   #33

sir go for only sx4 i have purchased it its astonishing dont make a mistake to buy verna its a horible in front of sx4
Old 4th June 2007, 15:10   #34
BHPian

Here, the wait period is between 4 - 8 weeks. Also cant afford the zxi as its 70K above my budget for the ex-showroom price (plus add the difference in tax and insurance).

99.99% will go in for the Verna Xi but am getting the same with ABS no extra cost. Will decide by tomorrow. Thanks for all your inputs.

Now, I need to figure out what Music system head unit I need for the car. The Verna comes with 4 speakers and I would like to check what HU I should install.. No clue on this.. Guess would go for either pioneer or blaupunkt. Also should I install tweaters? Help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
victor, vxi is available in 8 days or so (atleast back here in mumbai) so it compares well with verna's time lines, the zxi is purely a super value package, however priced 70 + above..but still I would go for the sx4 , if given a choice.
Old 5th June 2007, 06:14   #35
BHPian

Had you said Verna CRDi, no doubt its a beast. But SX4 is another beast in its own right, and when you speak about SX4 Zxi, you get all the goodies too.
Now for SX4 Vxi against Verna XXi, I guess again the choice drops to SX4. Why?
1. Maruti
2. Better handling
3. More space
4. Bigger boot
5. Snobbish, a bit

Still, if you can , extend your budget a bit and go for SX4 Zxi(without leather), and u wud never regret it.
Old 5th June 2007, 10:39   #36
BHPian

Today I had an ultra short drive on my friends SX4 ZXi in our company parking lot. Engine feels slightly more responsive but more noisy as well. Also the view from driving position is not very good with a thick pillar. Planning to have longer drive on weekend to get a feeling of the handling and ride part. He was not happy about the a/c and nvh compared to his old OHC.
Old 5th June 2007, 12:13   #37
BHPian

Thanks for the info Appuchan., Will be great if you could post your feel after you have a slightly longer drive over the weekend. Would still go for the Verna even if its a little short in the "performance" dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
Today I had an ultra short drive on my friends SX4 ZXi in our company parking lot. Engine feels slightly more responsive but more noisy as well. Also the view from driving position is not very good with a thick pillar. Planning to have longer drive on weekend to get a feeling of the handling and ride part. He was not happy about the a/c and nvh compared to his old OHC.
Old 27th June 2007, 13:40   #38
BHPian

Appuchan

Hi Appuchan,

Heard you had some probs with your Verna Xi. WHat happened? Is it ok now? How do you feel after you drove the SX4. My Verna comes tomorrow!
Old 3rd July 2007, 19:13   #39
BHPian

Verna petrol vs SX4

This post is on behalf of a friend. He's test driven both the SX4 and the Verna, and while he likes the Verna, members in his social circle are asking him to pitch for the SX4.

He likes the looks of the Verna, but friends' opinion in favour of the SX4 has him confused.

From aadya's guidelines, here are the details:
  • Cars short listed - verna 1.6 petrol vs SX4 Base model
  • Price range - about 6.5 ex showroom
  • Maintenance & After Sales Service (A.S.S.) expectations - Good ***, and easy maintenance desired. Dont know which one is better now.
  • Average distance traveled per month - About 1000 KMS per month
  • Where car will be mostly used (city / highway / rough roads etc) - CIty - Gurgaon
  • Chauffer driven / self driven - Self
  • Whether the vehicle will be shared by other members of family - Wife, baby, parents, in laws - all as passengers.
  • Any specific requirements from car (ex. Better luggage space, responsive engine, rear seat comfort) - Good performance, good handling, good mileage and good passenger comfort - Aged parents might travel once in a while. Great brakes, and good ride.
  • How long you intend on keeping this car (and how important resale is to you) - About 4 years. Resale is important.
Superavi
Old 3rd July 2007, 19:24   #40
Senior - BHPian

SX4 it is... Verna petrol is not doing good and SX4 DDiS is not gonna be here until 2009.

*** nothing can beat Maruti, Boot space SX4 overall SX4 wins here.
Old 3rd July 2007, 19:41   #41
BHPian

Hyundai's A.S.S. may not be worse than MUL, maintenance may be little more than SX4, IMO.

Guess SX4 Vxi mileage may be better than Verna. SX4 has lots of boot, rear seat comfort better than verna, except middle seat.

Of course breaks of SX4 is far better. Good Resale value (Swift is hot cake in used car, why not SX4?)

Overall, SX4 sounds right choice...
Old 3rd July 2007, 19:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

SX4 is best choice compared with Verna. Because SX4 has better seating position than Verna and SX4 has better ride comfort as well. It wins compared with Verna.

But I suggest Aveo 1.4 because its great VFM and beats SX4 and Verrna for your freind's requirement. Here is why:

1. Great looker for family use (my personal view although Verna come close)
2. Very nice ride (SX4/Verna won't come close at all)
3. Good build quality
4. Very nice interiors
5. Aggressive GM provides great package with lot of discounts for already low priced car, unmatched warranty.
6. If it turns up with poor resale value car initial purchase will be cheap to buy, Bargain for discounts he will get it.
7. For family use we need practical car thats Aveo in its segment.
8. FE same or more than SX4, Verna.
9. If Maruti was marketing this car it would sold like hot cake!

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 3rd July 2007, 19:59   #43
BHPian

I also agree with every one here SX4 is a better car
Old 3rd July 2007, 20:51   #44
BHPian

If you are going for SX4, ZXi it is truely VFM but not VXi. If you are looking at SX4 VXi there are lot of other options available like Fiesta 1.4 SXi and Aveo 1.4 LS. I had initially plans of Verna or SX4, but finally booked Aveo 1.4 LS yesterday. It is truely VFM considering the discounts they offer. I second all the points by ravibhat.

Nirmal
Old 3rd July 2007, 21:05   #45
Senior - BHPian

In my personal opionion, the only Verna worth buying is the CRDi. Leaves the petrol way behind as far as performance is concerned. But for the Turbo lag, which can be irritating in bumper to bumper traffic.
And, again in my personal opinion, the only SX4 variant worth buying is the ZXi. Offers tremendous value for money, and things like Auto-A/C, ABS, Airbags etc. lacking in VXi make ZXi too sumptuous.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks