Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2007, 11:09   #1
BHPian

Verna Xi Versus SX4 Vxi

Ok.. I have shortlisted my buy to between two cars .. Its either the Verna Xi or the SX4 Vxi. I did run through the features of the SX4 VXi and dont find how it is better than the Verna Xi. For example, the Verna has additional features like height adjustable seats etc, which are found in the higher end SX4 only.
SO, what do you guys think? One of my concerns was mileage.. Verna am told would be about 12kmpl with ac. No idea on Sx4 yet.
Am not looking to drive the car at 120kmph and therefore max power doesnt mean much to me. Just looking for a good car with decent milage, a/c, perfornamce, a.s.s etc.
Would be grateful for your advice

Cheers!

Victor
Old 28th May 2007, 11:43   #2
BHPian

It seems from the tech data specs that verna is better driveability. I came to this conclusion from the fact that verna develops its peak Torque at lower rpms than SX4. It means better overtakin ability and fewer gear changes.
Old 28th May 2007, 11:47   #3
Senior - BHPian

I suggest you increase your budget by about 70k and go for SX4 ZXi. Its tremendous value for money, though the waiting periods are huge.
Between SX4 VXi and Verna Xi, its a tough choice. Mileage should be more or less the same. Both offer similar A.S.S levels. Since you are impressed with the extra features of Verna, i would say Verna gets an advantage here.

But my personal choice: SX4 ZXi. Would cause nominal increase in youe EMIs compared to VXi, incase you are taking a loan.
Old 28th May 2007, 11:47   #4
BHPian

What are the prices offered to you after discounts ( if any ) ?
What will be your monthly run ? May be 1 km here and there won't much of difference to you.
Old 28th May 2007, 11:52   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

The SX4 is the driver's car and better rounded. Buy the Verna specifically if you're chauffeured around most of the time
Old 28th May 2007, 12:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hey victor, you had another thread where you were deciding between the Aveo1.4, Fiesta1.4 and Verna-i. Why the sudden change to these cars ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor0012
One of my concerns was mileage.. Verna am told would be about 12kmpl with ac. No idea on Sx4 yet.
Where did you get the 12kmpl with ac figures for Verna ? Given that the older Accent 1.5 returned only 10kmpl in city with ac, I doubt the more powerful Verna could better the FE by 2kmpl. Anyway, do check with actual users in your city,instead of relying on what the dealer says.

If FE is a big concern, the NHC should be a good bet for you - if the base model is in your reach ie. Not sure about the FE of SX4.
Old 28th May 2007, 13:42   #7

I was in a similar situation yesterday, but then i decided I wanted airbags (because i travel expressway frequently), so SX4 ZXi was the only choice. But I think Verna Xi is a better deal for the fit and finish of the car I found that the price differential in the cars (abt 15k) is worth the extra money that the Verna charges. If you can get discounts for, got for it.
Old 28th May 2007, 14:25   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Not sure about the FE of SX4.
Memo is reporting 14 with mixed driving (city and highway) and AC on 100% time (with some sedate driving). I think it is reasonbaly good for such a heavy vehicle.
Old 28th May 2007, 14:26   #9
BHPian

Hi. The other thread has got virtually taken over by some bhp-ians discussing the colours of aveo!

As for the data on the verna milage, the earlier thread you mentioned had bhp-ians quoting 14kmpl. So i hope it would deliver around 12kmpl. Not sure of this and have been trying to find this out through team-bhp.com unsuccessfully for the last week.

As far as my run details are concerned it would be about 30-35 kms per day. I thought about the SX4 Zxi but couldnt consider it due to higher costs as well much longer waiting periods. Not consiering the NHC as its dated as well as more expensive than the Xi by about 40k.

Not getting any deal on the verna worth mentioning. Just Rs.4k worth of accessories.

Rgds,

Victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Hey victor, you had another thread where you were deciding between the Aveo1.4, Fiesta1.4 and Verna-i. Why the sudden change to these cars ?

Where did you get the 12kmpl with ac figures for Verna ? Given that the older Accent 1.5 returned only 10kmpl in city with ac, I doubt the more powerful Verna could better the FE by 2kmpl. Anyway, do check with actual users in your city,instead of relying on what the dealer says.

If FE is a big concern, the NHC should be a good bet for you - if the base model is in your reach ie. Not sure about the FE of SX4.
Old 28th May 2007, 14:42   #10
BHPian

I drive a Verna XXi since Feb 07. I get about 11-12 kmpl in city with about 60% a/c. I cannot compare it with SX4 since I am yet to drive one. My experience so far with Verna has been excellent. Having sat inside an SX4 ZXi at the showroom, it looks quite a good deal, with all those "wide wheels", steering audio controls and climatron etc. However I feel that fit and finish of Verna is a notch above that of SX4.

Last edited by appuchan : 28th May 2007 at 15:01.
Old 28th May 2007, 14:47   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Where did you get the 12kmpl with ac figures for Verna ? Given that the older Accent 1.5 returned only 10kmpl in city with ac, I doubt the more powerful Verna could better the FE by 2kmpl.
Considering the Verna uses VTVT(Varible Timing.. blah blah) i am sure it will better then FE given by the Accent and more power from similar capicity engine means more efficient engine is more FE aint it?
Old 28th May 2007, 14:54   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Memo is reporting 14 with mixed driving (city and highway) and AC on 100% time (with some sedate driving). I think it is reasonbaly good for such a heavy vehicle.
I think thats quite good..what abt others..
Old 28th May 2007, 15:42   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Considering the Verna uses VTVT(Varible Timing.. blah blah) i am sure it will better then FE given by the Accent and more power from similar capicity engine means more efficient engine is more FE aint it?
Theoretically, yes. But then reality is usually so different.
Old 28th May 2007, 17:32   #14
BHPian

Have any of you heard of the below mentioned problems of Verna as stated by Vnabhi - probs with left back door, oil leakage, poor headlights?? This is the first I am hearing of this>???

vnabhi vbmenu_register("postmenu_450906", true);

Guys, I just joined this forum a few days ago and happened to see this thread today.
I have bought a Ford Fiesta 1.6 sxi in March 2001 and have spent nothing so far on it in the first servicing, except Rs 3822 for Waxoyl exterior coating.
I am getting around 10-13 km in Hyderabad city driving with AC on. I get immense pleasure while driving this car--even reviews have mentioned about this.
As regards those going for Verna, I have read the postings in Orkut by Verna community that the mileage in petrol version is around 9 to 11 only.
This apart, most Vernas have a problem with the left back door and oil leakage, and all with poor headlights--it appears they are just as powerful as Santro's lights. Please visit this community and take an informed decision.
As regards looks, I feel Aveo is the best, followed by Fiesta. Verna's front grill and short boot have spoilt its looks. Even sx4 is not a great looker from the front.
My theory on looks is---if you like the looks of Hrithik Roshan and James Dean, then you will like the American cars. Instead, if Hirihito and Yamaguchi's looks give you a thrill, then sx4 and Verna will please you!
Looks apart, things like FE, handling, gear shift, GC also count. So please take a test drive and decide yourself---after all, one man's meat is another's poison !
Old 28th May 2007, 18:57   #15
BHPian

Hey Guys looks like I am in the same situation. Want to upgrade from my accent GLS to either the Verna CRDI, Verna XXI, SX4 ZXI (without leather) or the new Eagle Engined scorpio (thats when it comes out). Cant make my mind up. Would appreciate your help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks