Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2007, 10:56   #46
BHPian

based on the facts mentioned by you,your descision is correct.

though i dont know the reason for sluggish performance, a car which has done only 11.7k should perform almost like new.

the car could be a victim of mumbai floods (stale smell)

PS: got a call from my delaer, midnight black is not available in the factory too.dealer is not in a position to give me a probable date.guess im in for a long wait.damn!!

Last edited by ad75 : 12th July 2007 at 10:59.
Old 12th July 2007, 12:42   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad75 View Post
though i dont know the reason for sluggish performance, a car which has done only 11.7k should perform almost like new.

the car could be a victim of mumbai floods (stale smell)
Yes, ad75..this could be a possibility...just 2 weeks ago about 600 cars were flooded in Mumbai due to heavy rains generally the true value cars are priced at a premium to the market..hence was pleasantly surprised when this particular was offered at a very competitive/ market rate....perhaps .....Sai Service ( the True Value outlet) might have purchased the flooded vehicle from the first owner at a huge discount and might have tried to palm it off to an unsuspecting buyer....so much so for TRUE VALUE !!! which they tom-tom about

~A

Last edited by adityapd : 12th July 2007 at 12:45.
Old 18th July 2007, 12:10   #48
BHPian

status update

got a call from the dealer today,

finally the car is despatched from the factory yesterday.would reach bangalore in 8-9 days.

hopefully by july end i will have my new ride.

Cant wait!
Old 18th July 2007, 12:14   #49
BHPian

Why don't u go for Ikon flair or Indigo............Esteem is too old horse to run on
Old 18th July 2007, 12:35   #50
BHPian

thanks for the advice

read the thread dude.im on a tight budget & need a car with a boot.i ve mentioned the reason for saying no to ikon, i dont think indigo petrol works out,diesel is expensive.
Old 30th July 2007, 11:46   #51
BHPian

Took Delivery

Hey Guys ,

Finally after a wait of 22 days took delivery of the car on 26jul.

being a working day & a month end couldnt take leave,though i wanted to.the delivery was scheduled at 3pm.Nothing auspicious, just my convenience to bunk office.

went home from office to pick up wifey & 3 months old son.Reached by 3 pm.my brother wsa already at the showroom half an hour early.he did his round of checks.

The car - Esteem Lxi - Midnight Black - was Ready and parked outside the showroom.did my round of PDI found things in order except the carpeting in the boot,some clips were not fixed properly.got that done.

Went ahead to do the documentation,while wifey, son (was very happy, smiling a talking away(in his language) to glory),& my brother waited. took keys signed feedback form,took receipts & docs.Owners manual & extended warranty booklets were handed over to me.

they wanted to put ribbon,i refused,somehow dont like it.

the sad part was that I had to bid adieu to my alto (As it was exchaged at true value),handed over the keys,its tough to part with campanion of 6 years.they gave me the delivery receipt.signed the papers.

The sales guy gave me demo of the car.satisfied, we thanked the showroom guys,Gave a small gift to the sales guys, tipped the guys who prepared the car & off we went to shell hosur rd to tank up.We took pics with the old car (alto) & the new car at the showroom.

All the guys at the showroom I think are taught to wish a new car owner "Happy Motoring Sir"

reached home took some more pics. - will post them shortly.

first impressions

Horn - Rani mukherjee type (voice) - didnt like the sound,plan to install a set of additional horns.

Clutch & Gear shift - Did manage to stall the car couple of times.probably require some getting used to.

the gear shift is really notchy.1st,3rd&5th require real effort to slot in.

Is it coz its new? or should i get it checked?

Radiator Fan Humming - The raidiator fan humming soud is quite loud.mutch higher than the alto. is it fine?there a tak tak sound when it switches on & off. again louder than normal.

Alloys - Next day went to hot tracks fitted set of HR alloys.Same as esteem_lover's esteem.I know john gonna curse me.But thats the only one in 114.3 pcd which i liked which was seconded by wifey & my brother.I pad 14.5k for a set of 5 though.wasnt that lucky.

Pending installs - Seat cover,Power window relay,ICE,steering grip.
Old 30th July 2007, 17:58   #52
BHPian

Congratulations again AD. Enjoy..
Old 30th July 2007, 18:24   #53
Senior - BHPian

congrats AD on your new car, have a great time with your car and drive safe
Old 30th July 2007, 19:45   #54
BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the clubcheers:
Quote:
Clutch & Gear shift - Did manage to stall the car couple of times.probably require some getting used to.
You should be okay. This is due to taller gearing.

Quote:
the gear shift is really notchy.1st,3rd&5th require real effort to slot in.
Hmmmm...lemme guess. Try this, use gentle push to slot in. Please don't try to force/guide the gear in. You may have that habit as Alto gearbox is a shade notchy.

If you still have problem, take it up on first service.

Quote:
Radiator Fan Humming - The raidiator fan humming soud is quite loud.mutch higher than the alto. is it fine?there a tak tak sound when it switches on & off. again louder than normal.
Wild guess!! Would you please open the bonnet and check no wire is touching the fan. The earth-wire could mess with the fan, if not secured properly.
Old 31st July 2007, 10:41   #55
BHPian

thanks sivadas,speedmiester,whiteknight,

@whiteknight - yesterday evening it was raining in the evening & while driving in rain the gear shift was better, is it a lubrication issue?

did check the fan.couldnt find any wire touching the fan?
whats the tak tak sount when the fan switches on & off? is it the relay?
Old 31st July 2007, 10:50   #56
BHPian

Quote:
yesterday evening it was raining in the evening & while driving in rain the gear shift was better, is it a lubrication issue?
Rain and lubrication- NO. May be you and your Esteem are getting used to each other

Quote:
did check the fan.couldnt find any wire touching the fan? whats the tak tak sount when the fan switches on & off? is it the relay?
Relay would switch on and off only once, so no room for repeated tak tak sound. Are you hearing repeated tak tak sound in a decelerating frequency, when the fan gets switched off? vis versa, when the fan switched on?

Then the fan blades are brushing something. Please do a thorough inspection.

Last edited by WhiteKnight : 31st July 2007 at 10:52.
Old 31st July 2007, 11:00   #57
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the new car ad75!

Quote:
@whiteknight - yesterday evening it was raining in the evening & while driving in rain the gear shift was better, is it a lubrication issue?

did check the fan.couldnt find any wire touching the fan?
whats the tak tak sount when the fan switches on & off? is it the relay?
The gearshift is probably notchy because it's new, give it some time (say about 5k kms) and it should smoothen out considerably once the components of the gearbox get bedded-in.

As for the tak-tak sound in all probability it is of the switching on & off of the A/C compressor & is normal on most cars.
Old 31st July 2007, 11:12   #58
BHPian

thanks iraghava,

@whiteknight - its not continuous, once when its switches on & once when it switches off.
Old 31st July 2007, 11:29   #59
BHPian

Then chill out and enjoy your ride. Let the engine-vengine to settle down.

Anyway, good that you are conscious about your car. It helps!
Old 31st July 2007, 19:39   #60
BHPian

@ad75 : Congratulations on your choice. Enjoy her to the max, shes been a beauty in the 2.8k kms that I have had her, never disappointed and always enthralled me.

Dont worry about the fan ticking upon ac getting on and off, its normal. The gear shift, as Whiteknight pointed, dont push it hard, just slot it.

Especially when you are graduating from Alto to Esteem, you may have descended a few centimetres in the driving position. Just gives you another look at the tarmac in front of you, isnt it? Thats how I feel. Since you are used to driving at a higher altitude , I mean seating position, you will feel the same rush/feeling in driving an esteem @70-80kmph as if doing @100 on alto.

Keep us posted, and hate to say but black needs to be maintained a bit more.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed