Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2007, 18:52   #16
Senior - BHPian

Prasad.!
U haven't mentioned about your requirements like comfort, space,power etc n also where and how many kms will u driving the car..It helps shortlisting the choices otherwise u'll have options from SUV to a sedan...

Anyways my choice in your budget would be an Elantra CRDi.
Old 5th June 2007, 18:56   #17
Team-BHP Support

You'd get valuable inputs if only you mention what you look forward to, and your requirements from the car...
Old 5th June 2007, 18:58   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Prasad.!
U haven't mentioned about your requirements like comfort, space,power etc n also where and how many kms will u driving the car..It helps shortlisting the choices otherwise u'll have options from SUV to a sedan...

Anyways my choice in your budget would be an Elantra CRDi.
Will be using it in Mumbai during weekdays...daily run of about 30km.
Over the weekends i travel to Pune.
The car will be self driven. Mileage is important though not an overriding factor but will NEVER have time to keep the car with a dealer for long. So maintenance should be absolutely LOW.
Old 5th June 2007, 20:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasygreat View Post
The car will be self driven. Mileage is important though not an overriding factor but will NEVER have time to keep the car with a dealer for long. So maintenance should be absolutely LOW.
This is definitely a Hyundai Verna VGT CRDi, though when I saw your thread initially I was about to suggest safari DICOR 3.0 but held back since you said "a car" and not "SUV".
Old 5th June 2007, 20:34   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
This is definitely a Hyundai Verna VGT CRDi, though when I saw your thread initially I was about to suggest safari DICOR 3.0 but held back since you said "a car" and not "SUV".

completely agree,good FE as it is deisel,good look(my opinion),good ride,spaciuos and quite enough powerful.
Old 5th June 2007, 20:36   #21

SUV is ok too not an issue, it should have been car/SUV
moreover, even I was considering Safari Dicor. but is it free of maintenance issues now. historically have heard of many instances of oil leakages etc.
Old 5th June 2007, 21:16   #22
BHPian

Buy a corolla that would be the first choice ,second can be Sx4 and if resale dosnt bother you why not Cedia
Old 5th June 2007, 21:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

My suggestion is Corolla -> Innova -> Optra and choose the right variant/version based on your budget and requirement.

Corolla tried and tested like WagonR! and very nice as well, Limited version is on sale as well.

Innova incredibly spacious it beats all the cars, fold last seats you can use it as boot if more people travel unfold last seats to use it and still you can fit carrier and carry 60+kgs on it! Traffic Jam you can drive like a car, I found Innova is more peppier than Swift and similar to Santro zip zip drive in congested city tarffic (I know many people hate this statement but its actual truth)

Optra not a driver's car but it has good build and ride quality.

Test Drive the cars you liked and decide!

Regards,

Ravi.

PS My sincere suggestion you buy used Baleno but don't buy SX4, 1 year down the line you will know what I mean (Guys don't blast at me in this forum for this comment this is my opinion!)
Old 5th June 2007, 22:00   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
PS My sincere suggestion you buy used Baleno but don't buy SX4, 1 year down the line you will know what I mean (Guys don't blast at me in this forum for this comment this is my opinion!)
Why dont you recommend the SX4 ? I really liked the car, but the interiors are tooo cheap for the price
Old 5th June 2007, 22:16   #25
Senior - BHPian

@Adityamunshi I recomand SX4 If person look for economy when he buy the car, SX4 is cheap to buy compared with cars in its class I agree and it has very good features (abs, airbag, auto climate, big wheels) but it lacks quality. When person can spend only upto 8+ lacs then SX4 is better buy but If person can stretch upto 10+ lacs SX4 won't come into picture at all. There are many good cars compared with SX4 in that budget.

If person needs abs/airbag/climate control/big wheels for 8+ lacs yes it is SX4 which is single choice without looking back.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 5th June 2007, 22:19   #26
BHPian

@deepblue....Unfortunately- Cedia in that category is much much better..! Handling, Performance, Safety and Comfort- Whats not good is the Marketing Strategy.
Old 6th June 2007, 00:09   #27
Senior - BHPian

Mitsu Cedia... hands down best car in the category... especially if you want a driver's car, nothing comes close to it. I've not had this much fun ripping a car for a long long time. Since someone brought out the maintenance cost question, the slightly higher cost of spares is easily offset by its brilliant mileage... so far I've done ~1200km in 7 days and its giving me 12 in the city and 16.5 or so on the highway on shell unleaded. The only downer in the car is backseat comfort. The back seat doesnt have thigh support and is hence not as comfortable as the optra/corolla back seat.
Old 6th June 2007, 07:56   #28
Senior - BHPian

It would be the Corolla if I were you.
Old 6th June 2007, 08:32   #29
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat
PS My sincere suggestion you buy used Baleno but don't buy SX4, 1 year down the line you will know what I mean
Seems like you know something ravi that we dont. This being a public forum could you elaborate a little for the likes of the rest? We would like to know.

At 8.5L budget nothing can beat the SX4. If you wish to extend it to 10L, I would suggest you have a look at the Cedia, Corolla and the Elantra Crdi too. The Crdi is a highway monger and a lovely car. Comes with almost all the gizmos like EBD, ABS, Airbags, TC. Though I hear they are planning to discontinue some features try to grab the older version. You wont repent your decision.

Reignofchaos, you should bring your car down to the weekend drives and meets man. Would love to catch up with a cedia owner.
Old 6th June 2007, 09:05   #30
BHPian

Verna VGT is my recommendation....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks