Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2007, 11:31   #16

Hi all,

This is my first post though I have been trawling this forum for over 2 years now.

I was looking at a budget of Rs 8 lacs and looked at the top end variants of Aveo/Fiesta/SX4/Verna and this is my story:

I had held back till the launch of SX4 and it was first choice when the price and features/specs were announced. But I was put off due to the relatively poor FE and what I felt were basic design flaws - turning radius, blind spots, poor rear visibility.

So I turned to Verna XXi ABS. In fact this Monday I was almost on the verge of proceeding with the booking. Over the previous week end, I pitted the dealers against each other and had got to a cash discount of Rs 5,000, exchange bonus of Rs 10,000 and free sun film and floor mats.

BUT........

the previous week I test drove the Cedia which was above my budget and and just could not get it out of my mind though the expensive spare parts really scared me (I am 40, change cars once in 10 years, enjoy driving but am no boy racer, careful with my money, like to be well infirmed and almost always allow my head to rule over my heart).

Given the Cedia's pros and cons which have been highlighted on the forum, I decided that if I could really squeeze the Mitsubishi dealer hard, I would go for it. After a brief but tough bargaining session this Monday, I got a cash discount of 35,000, free 3rd year extended warranty worth 6,250, free mud flaps, sun film, floor mats, car perfume and an idol.

So I went ahead and booked the Cedia Select. The car has gone for registration as I write this and I am scheduled to get delivery tomorrow (Saturday).
Old 6th July 2007, 11:57   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new car Checkmate I'm sure you'll enjoy driving her around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMate View Post
So I went ahead and booked the Cedia Select. The car has gone for registration as I write this and I am scheduled to get delivery tomorrow (Saturday).
You sure? Most people don't like to take delivery of new cars on saturday.
Old 6th July 2007, 12:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,.....
Congratulations on your purchase. Your twists seem a lot like mine. I was dormant for a long time. Came to the forum thinking of buying an NHC, shifted over to the Baleno, then took a test drive of the Petra. And was sold. Whew.

P.S. Welcome
Old 6th July 2007, 12:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Thats the funniest thing i have read lately. GM's stable carries the Corvette if i am not mistaken.
Where in India can I buy one please?

Congrats checkmate. which color is it?
Old 6th July 2007, 12:34   #20
BHPian

hello CheckMate vbmenu_register("postmenu_491368", true);
please can you tell me if you are from mumbai?
if so, what did you do or say to get that nice sweet del from the dealer?
I also want to buy a cedia (sports) but am worried about spares and other problems yopu thought of.

Also, can someone tell me how a cedia compares to an RS (skoda)
am getting one 2005 RS (25K done) Dec yellow RS for 9.6
also the dealers mentioned a 2006 RS for 11 approx
Old 6th July 2007, 13:07   #21
Senior - BHPian

Having driven both, in straight line speed and acceleration, the RS is in a class of its own... way way faster. In handling and cornering, the RS is no match for the Cedia. Do keep in mind thaat the gearing in the RS makes it a real pain to drive in the city and FE is absolutely pathetic. Expect no more than 6 or so in the City. The cedia is an awesome car just let down by a so-so engine. So if its out and out straightline speed you desire and are not concerned about FE, go for the RS. The prices quoted to you are definitely on the higher side. Also make sure the RS has a clean sheet with regard to accident damage.
Old 6th July 2007, 14:11   #22

devarshi84,

it is ashton grey.
Old 6th July 2007, 14:34   #23

ranjithc,

I am from Bangalore (in the process of being renamed to Bengaluru).

How did I get my deal? Will send a detailed post after taking delivery. It is quite a story.
Old 6th July 2007, 15:17   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Which Bangy dealer?!

Quote:
Hi all,

Given the Cedia's pros and cons which have been highlighted on the forum, I decided that if I could really squeeze the Mitsubishi dealer hard, I would go for it. After a brief but tough bargaining session this Monday, I got a cash discount of 35,000, free 3rd year extended warranty worth 6,250, free mud flaps, sun film, floor mats, car perfume and an idol.

Hi CheckMate,

Sounds like a good deal to me. Some questions:
  1. Which dealer was it?
  2. Cash purchase or financed?
  3. Colour of car?
Superb choice! Post some pictures when you can.
Old 6th July 2007, 16:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Having driven both, in straight line speed and acceleration, the RS is in a class of its own... way way faster. In handling and cornering, the RS is no match for the Cedia. Do keep in mind thaat the gearing in the RS makes it a real pain to drive in the city and FE is absolutely pathetic. Expect no more than 6 or so in the City. The cedia is an awesome car just let down by a so-so engine. So if its out and out straightline speed you desire and are not concerned about FE, go for the RS. The prices quoted to you are definitely on the higher side. Also make sure the RS has a clean sheet with regard to accident damage.
Sorry dude, but to say that Skoda RS cant match cedia ability to handle is tough to digest.No offences but I find it atleast as capable if not more when it comes to handling. Also similarly competitive would be the quality of service. The FE in the worst case scenario I have seen is 7-8 and 6 would be an understatement.

I agree that the rs will be a pain to drive in the city but it has got much more kit and is totally worth it. Do remember that skoda spares are priced above the roof and you will burn your pocket.

Also skoda holds its resale better. No two doubts about that.

Both are previous generation cars now and aimed at different markets. take your pick.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 6th July 2007 at 16:41.
Old 6th July 2007, 17:14   #26
Senior - BHPian

The Cedia handles better then the RS, there is no doubt in that. Rest the RS is faster and has more features but more expensive, 10L OTR CEDIA, RS = 15L OTR. With 5L plus the cost you can get a MIVEC
Old 6th July 2007, 17:21   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I think he means GM India aka Daewoo!
Even there..we have the Sparky..
Old 6th July 2007, 18:38   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Sorry dude, but to say that Skoda RS cant match cedia ability to handle is tough to digest.No offences but I find it atleast as capable if not more when it comes to handling. Also similarly competitive would be the quality of service. The FE in the worst case scenario I have seen is 7-8 and 6 would be an understatement.
A dude here in my office owns a TPi rider. Thats the FE he gets. I've driven his car extensively and basically both the cars are nearly the same other than lower profile rubber on the RS, traction control and a few other goodies like sun/moon roof etc. In terms of handling its a virtual no contest... Skoda handling sucks. Infact I'd go on to say skodas handle worse than the Civic, forget the Cedia. Also do consider for 5lacs more, you can import a 4G63T mill and it'll turn the Cedia into a rocket .

Edit: I think we are goin way off topic here.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 6th July 2007 at 18:43.
Old 8th July 2007, 17:26   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Vishaltanksale,

Did Checkmate's quick decision :-) help you in making up YOUR mind? Also can anyone tell me: Which of the Cedia Select/Spirit/Sports colours are metallic? The site doesn't seem to be too great.

Thanks,
Old 8th July 2007, 18:36   #30

itwasntme,

1. Lathangi (pre-sales was exceptionally good)
2. No finance
3. Ashton grey

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks