Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2007, 15:59   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
I saw a Cedia Sport in Silver today (It was a car that had been delivered to a customer already. All I saw was the rear of the car at the customers home).

It looked exactly like the Warm Silver that's available in the other versions. Looked absolutely beautiful. Currently my number one choice in colour for that model.
hmm... I have been thinking about red so far (still with it though), for my sports which I would book next week. I think, I have to check this one too before selling myself out!
Old 1st August 2007, 20:14   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newrider View Post
hmm... I have been thinking about red so far (still with it though), for my sports which I would book next week. I think, I have to check this one too before selling myself out!

Do look at the silver colour before deciding. You might not like it, but at least you make that decision after seeing both colours.

What kind of discount deal are you getting from your dealer?
Old 1st August 2007, 22:00   #63
BHPian

Guys, here is update on Aveo front...

Left leg is always touching Dash for tall people (I'm 6 feet) and making clutch opertion very irritating nd making drive very uncomfortable in city driving. This is not a problem only when seat is completely back.

This is also highlighted in other threads and even I discoverd during test drive, but the test drive men said; GM seems to have done rework on Dash and problem is taken care in Jun'07 onwards model.
But this was not the case when I actually sat in the Jun'07 veichle in the showroom

Aveo owners, what is your take on this ?

But this again opened the option for Cedia and I am again working with Mitsu for better corporate deal. Most important working on getting aditional funding for Cedia.

Last edited by vishaltanksale : 1st August 2007 at 22:03.
Old 1st August 2007, 22:29   #64
BHPian

Dilemma

Vishal,
Do let us know the discounts you have managed from Metro motors. I was sold on NHC vtec till I read the full thread and Reign's ownership report. Seems there is compelling arguments for trying Cedia. I am changing my Opel Corsa Sail 1.6 after 4 years. I was quite used to it, though the FE sucks (7 kmpl) and pick-up leaves a lot to be desired. My budget is 9 OTR, can be stretched a wee bit, Mahape registration, to be bought by company. I haven't TDed the Cedia yet, but with all the reports I see, I am open to look at it seriously. Moreover, as someone mentioned, you see NHCs all over the town. Mine would be a self driven car, as I hate allowing my babies to be touched by another guy . I am slightly worried about the A.S.S of Cedia, Metro being the only dealer in Mumbai. Would love to hear from Cedia owners in Mumbai about their experience.
Old 1st August 2007, 22:54   #65
BHPian

Raja,

You negotiate on ex-showroom price as it is determined by the dealer. Road tax, registration, insurance are a fixed percentage on the ex-showroom price. So if you get discount on ex - showroom price, it also brings down other variables cost like tax etc.

I drive silver colored Cedia Select. Ex-showroom price for me was 7.95 which was whopping 35k discount on the price of 8.3 Only difference between Select & Spirit is fabric / leather seats. I prefer fabric over leather, hence Select variant.
Old 1st August 2007, 23:08   #66
BHPian

After Sale Service experience with Cedia!

Some of you seems to be worried about A.S.S. experience with Cedia. Thought of sharing my experience with you.

I got my first free service done last month. Dealer called me up to remind me of the first free service. Since I stay far off from the service center, I requested if they could pick and drop my car. They nicely obliged. Service guy reported at sharp 10 am as decided to pick the car. Since it was usual routine I service, I had no specifications.

He dropped the car at sharp 5 pm at my office as decided. I paid only Rs 200/ for this service. And there was no complaint that I had on the job they did. It was as delightful as it could get.

Pls be assured, Mitsubishi make great cars and they can never provide bad service. This so called myth of great service floated by Toyotas and Hondas and even Marutis is actually no advantage over Mitsubishi. I have driven Zen for 5 yrs. and their service sucks. I must have got my Zen serviced by 7 - 8 dealers but I always had complaints post - service. Still you would have heard thousand times from people that they would prefer Maruti since they have good service support and cheaper spare parts.

Surely we all expect great service these days but it should not deter the choice of products.
Old 1st August 2007, 23:15   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Chat,

Are you sure that the dealer has the flexibility to lower the ex-showroom price? I always thought that the RTO tax, registration and insurance are totally static (as per the relevant statutes/MV rules/IRDA rules etc), and that the dealer simply subtracts the discount (individual and/or corporate) from the OTR price.

Why I ask is that I don't think the government or the insurance company will take too kindly if their valuable cut gets reduced due to the bargaining power of buyers or the marketing strategies of automobile dealers! They will take their FULL cut while the dealer will give us buyers a discount from the OTR price.

Does this make sense?

Itwasntme
Old 2nd August 2007, 09:53   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat View Post
Only difference between Select & Spirit is fabric / leather seats. I prefer fabric over leather, hence Select variant.
Comparing between Select & Spirit; somehow I also prefer the fabric trim, it feels nicer than leather (my personal taste for this car). BUT, I also like the Sport and I can't decide between Select or Sport. IF I can beg/borrow/steal more money, then my choice would be Sport with a interior re-trim.
Old 2nd August 2007, 09:53   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Chat,

Are you sure that the dealer has the flexibility to lower the ex-showroom price? I always thought that the RTO tax, registration and insurance are totally static (as per the relevant statutes/MV rules/IRDA rules etc), and that the dealer simply subtracts the discount (individual and/or corporate) from the OTR price.

Why I ask is that I don't think the government or the insurance company will take too kindly if their valuable cut gets reduced due to the bargaining power of buyers or the marketing strategies of automobile dealers! They will take their FULL cut while the dealer will give us buyers a discount from the OTR price.

Does this make sense?

Itwasntme
Can someone who has actually got a large discount, please provide a detailed breakdown of their invoice to show where the discount was applied.
Old 2nd August 2007, 10:00   #70
Senior - BHPian

The discount is on the onroad price. The tax is static. You have to pay tax on the full ex showroom price and not on the discounted price. I managed a 24k discount and it showed up on the ex showroom price. Infact the dealer only gave me an invoice of the price I paid to him i.e OTR-tax-insurance.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 2nd August 2007 at 10:01.
Old 2nd August 2007, 10:14   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale View Post
Guys, here is update on Aveo front...

Left leg is always touching Dash for tall people (I'm 6 feet) and making clutch opertion very irritating nd making drive very uncomfortable in city driving. This is not a problem only when seat is completely back.
I am around 5 ft 10" & I don't have any issue of leg touching dash. You need to adjust the seat properly (both vertical & horizontal movements) to have a proper driving position for your height. For me, at about half-back & full height, there is no issue. And ofcourse, the rear leg-room in Aveo is very good & I don't have to move my seat position, even if 3 people are sitting at the back.

I am not sure, if people having height 6 Ft & above have any issue with leg touching the dash board even after seat adjustment (both vertical & horizontal).
Old 2nd August 2007, 15:44   #72
BHPian

Metro quoted a very high price

Just spoke with Metro Motors and plan to do a TD of cedia on Saturday. They've quoted 9.63 individual and 10.14 company registration for the Spirit and are willing to give a discount of 10K only! That's way beyond my budget . I am looking at 9L OTR. Max 9.25L. It will be a co. registered car.

Vishal - You mentioned that you had spoken with the Sales Manager in Delhi. Can you help me and give his contacts to me too?
Old 2nd August 2007, 18:17   #73
BHPian

hello vishal
believe me, driving the cedia is a thrill.
only bugger is if there is bumper to bumper traffic.

go for it!!

i have got the car from metro and they are nice people.
delivery was not up to top standards (they dropped the car to my home in thane but was not cleaned well)
however they apologised when i complained and promised to take care of it.

i think it is fine. go for it. I also plonked the big amount and have no regrets as yet.
Old 2nd August 2007, 18:30   #74
BHPian

also, u get lots of eye***** trust me.
have had it for 2 days only and have noticed various ppl checking her out
it also depends on what gives u a high. NHC is good in all Practical angles.
good resale, good average, good power, good handling etc.

however, every second car is a NHC (which speaks volumes about its practicality)

Cedia on the other hand is not that much practical a choice but a choice driven more by the heart.
its very uncommon so u get all the looks. i went to a hotel n the waiters crowded around it trying to make out which one it was.
a palio guy dropped behind just to have a look,
a few bikers were doing the same too.

"basically i have it u dont feel"

but surely it is not a car that lacks in any respect.
initially i thot power was less n wanted to mod it a bit
but now i think it is not needed at all.
i do both a bit of eastern exp as well as powai but no issues at all.
can easily overtake.
Old 2nd August 2007, 20:27   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Do look at the silver colour before deciding. You might not like it, but at least you make that decision after seeing both colours.

What kind of discount deal are you getting from your dealer?
I was offered only a 10K discount, but that was only one time discussion. I have to negotiate further, as I see that more discount is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale View Post

Aveo owners, what is your take on this ?
My friend owns an Avio and I drove it (I'm 6ft) extensively in all kinds of traffic in hyd. I too found it bit unfomfortable when I have ppl at the back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks