Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2007, 18:04   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I would Suggest a corolla h2

Good Space , Quite Effective Ac , good safety features , decent fuel economy . relatively less maintenance and good after sales
Agree here completely. Its got good height and spacious and good safety features and still looks nice and most importantly it will come well within your budget
Old 3rd November 2007, 18:20   #17
BHPian

Avoid the skoda due to A.S.S.. Your folks will curse you when they have to take it for service/repairs.. Go for the Toyota.. hassle free which is important from your perspective..
Old 3rd November 2007, 18:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Service

I think your request for airbags and ABS may tend to top your spend ceiling. One other factor you may wish to consider is service. The image of old people trying to deal with Tata or Mahindra service is a bit daunting. I hope you will not subject them to this. Go with a Toyota product first or Chevrolet or Maruti-Suzuki for the customer service. Forget about ABS and Airbags. With the money you save you could get them a good safe chauffeur who would be a greater safety factor.
Old 3rd November 2007, 20:06   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
I would suggest you to go with the Optra. Its a great value for money package. Its good to drive and has a very comfortable rear seat for your parents as well. It matches all your criteria but surprisingly I didnt see it in your wish list. And it fits in your price bracket too.

Happy car shopping
I thought the Optra was disconnected.. Didn't find that many postings on this forum either (past few days/weeks though)? How is the driving experience from an enthusiast point of view? I am asking this because my old man loves driving and knows more about torque/racing than me . Rear comfortability is not a big issue as they will be most of time using the front seats..
Old 3rd November 2007, 20:09   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
For elders the best car is the Toyota Innova. It's easily the best car to get in and out of and the V variant is in your price range and offers all the safety features you are looking for. IMO, the decision is extremely simple. Just drive into your nearest Toyota dealership and get your parents the Innova. They will absolutely love it. Forget the Civic. It's a great car but will be too cumbersome for elders to get in and out off.
Thanks. It seems Innova is a serious car made for comfort.. but as it won't be chauffeur driven, and keeping in mind the traffic condition, it does not appear to be a good option.
Old 3rd November 2007, 20:14   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by firingonallfour View Post
Optra Magnum LT Diesel in a sparkling Diamond color should cost you about 12.50 on road. Great Stock ICE ( Alpine), leather seats, wood finish, awesome engine and above all good average ( city 13 and highway 19) so low operating cost.
Ok.so Optra is relaunched with Magnum subtag! Not looking for diesel though. The car will be used for most 1000 kms a month, so sticking to petrol. And heard diesel car is a menace to maintain and heavy on pocket too! How is the Optra Petrol? Does it have a 2.0 L engine?
Old 3rd November 2007, 20:16   #22
BHPian

I own a magnum and it is not a great handler like cedia, but feels very rooted at high speeds. Although not super smooth the gear shift is good, nice suspension, great brakes, FE is not bad although i havent seen any 19s in my machine. VERY VERY COMFORTABLE. amazing power , especially on straight lines .not difficult to get in and out. hope it helps.
Old 3rd November 2007, 20:32   #23

I was checking the Skoda India website home. It does not mention the price at any page. I was looking at Octavia LK. But couldn't see the tech spec of the car. imho, the website is horribly designed - navigation is very bad, new windows popping up with every link. whoopp. I am actually quite puzzled how such a website is designed without heuristic, user-centric evaluation?? I hope the its cars are reliable! Could anyone tell me if the LK is a petrol edition? and how much does it cost? Also, it appears to be still selling inspite of the new model that is introduced in Europe and other.
Old 3rd November 2007, 20:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

well the corolla or the optra magnum diesel are the best fits considering all your requirements and budget!
Old 3rd November 2007, 20:40   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDan View Post
I think your request for airbags and ABS may tend to top your spend ceiling. One other factor you may wish to consider is service. The image of old people trying to deal with Tata or Mahindra service is a bit daunting. I hope you will not subject them to this. Go with a Toyota product first or Chevrolet or Maruti-Suzuki for the customer service. Forget about ABS and Airbags. With the money you save you could get them a good safe chauffeur who would be a greater safety factor.
that is another perspective thinking. But as I mentioned, my old man loves driving and I was pretty amazed on how much neat he had maintained his old esteem - with shiny polish, rubber tan and stanley leather seat. That's the main reason why I wanted to get him a capable car with safety features being the foremost requirement. I am actually anticipating how he will maintain the new car knowing, his old esteem.
Old 3rd November 2007, 22:29   #26
BHPian

Skoda is a nice drivers car.As you told car is for your parents,skoda back seat is bit cramped.
Cedia overall will be a perfect car for your parents.
Comfortable to drive as well as to be 'in' for your parents- Good
- Very important, Safety features (airbags, abs)- Good
- Ingres and Engres should be relatively easy- Good
- Effective AC- Good
- Decent space & interiors- Very good
- Fuel Efficiency should be good, if not the best- Good
- Resale wise, not very important, but shouldn't be the worse-Not bad
- Not brand specific- Mitsubishi
Old 3rd November 2007, 23:58   #27
BHPian

civic or the optra magnum
Old 4th November 2007, 00:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

1. Optra Magnum
2. NHC with ABS and Air bags
3. Corolla
Old 4th November 2007, 00:07   #29
Senior - BHPian

Petrol Models I would Advise -

Civic ' V ' Variant - 12.x OTR

Skoda RS - Above 12 lacs though - 14.5 OTR after discounts but a great car

Laura Ambiente - 14.x OTR after the recent price cut

Others - Cedia, Corrola - both a bit outdated but terriffic cars nevertheless.

Last edited by vkochar : 4th November 2007 at 00:11.
Old 4th November 2007, 00:18   #30
BHPian

1. Honda City vtec+. Lots of space, good ride.
- Comfortable to drive as well as to be 'in' for my parents. - Good
- Very important, Safety features (airbags, abs) - Present in Vtec+
- Ingres and Engres should be relatively easy - Ok.
- Effective AC - Yes
- Decent space & interiors - Quite spacious
- Fuel Efficiency should be good, if not the best - Reasonable
- Resale wise, not very important, but shouldn't be the worse - Very good resale value

Laura Ambiette would also fit well into your conditions.

A new Corolla should be launched next year. So resale value would drop for the present models. Since you did mention resale, it would not be advised.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks