Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2007, 15:55   #46

Cedia Rulzzzzz

ITs Cedia Cedia and only Cedia
Old 5th November 2007, 18:23   #47
Senior - BHPian

There are several people suggesting Octavia, Cedia and Civic. Not sure how many of them have sat on the back seat of these cars. Octavia is very cramped, Cedia has very little under thigh support and Civic bottoms out on every spead-breaker.

There are several who are suggesting Innova. While Innova is better to get in and get out of compared to SUVs, it is still an effort for elderly people to get in that compared to cars.

For ease of ingress/egress, ride quality and comfort Corolla is the best bet. The only negative of Corolla is resale value which is not the deciding factor here. Another very good alternative is Optra.
Old 5th November 2007, 21:14   #48
Senior - BHPian

The Corolla Has A Resale Value , Not That Bad either as in the case of HM , GM or Skodas!
Old 5th November 2007, 23:22   #49
Senior - BHPian

Corolla it would be if I were you!
Old 5th November 2007, 23:40   #50
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do not post one-liner posts for the sake of posting. Also, SMS / Slang are strictly prohibited on this board. We would appreciate you taking the effort to type in full and proper english.

Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 6th November 2007 at 14:13.
Torqueguru is offline   Received Infraction
Old 6th November 2007, 10:44   #51
Team-BHP Support

My vote goes for the Corolla. It offers good seating comfort and is also not a pain to drive around.
Old 6th November 2007, 10:57   #52
Senior - BHPian

Well as I said before also, Both the Cedia & Corrolla are terriffic & flawless cars. Corrolla has unbeatable comfort. The rear seats are extremely comfortable.

I think Toyota is offering some great discounts during the festival season.

Go for the Corrolla Mate !!!
Old 6th November 2007, 12:16   #53
Senior - BHPian

Corolla's suspension is a bit too hard for an elderly gentleman. I'm not sure why its hard since the handling isn't that great either. Anyway ask you dad to test drive the Corolla, Civic and Cedia before deciding.
Old 6th November 2007, 16:02   #54
BHPian

It is Cedia for you!

You should test drive all the cars that are suggested here. My sense is that you & your dad would finally pick up Cedia since it has all of those features that you want and importantly at a great price.

Couple of months back I drove my Cedia Select to Hyderabad from Bangalore, nearly 600 kms. one way with my wife & mom. It was a great comfortable drive to all of us. My mom is close to 60 but she enjoyed the drive thanks to Cedia.

Cedia has best in class FE, ground clearence, turning radius, great independent suspensions and well appointed spacious cabin. This car offers great deal at its price.

As for the comparison, Octavia, Elantra & Corolla are outdated cars due for relaunch in India. Hundered other threads would tell you that Civic is simply overpriced and as for Optra it is neither here nor there.
Old 6th November 2007, 16:45   #55
BHPian

Its got to be the Corolla, choose the Auto if dad would drive or a Manual if chauffeured and dont forget the ABS & Airbags.
Old 6th November 2007, 19:57   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

@ROC - the Corolla's handling is poor due to the high ground clearance and sort of tall boy structure (in comparison to its competitors).
Here's a pointer - Older people prefer the Corolla AT as it is easier to get in and out of that car and easy to drive as well.
My choice however would be the Cedia.
Old 6th November 2007, 21:04   #57
Senior - BHPian

As I Feel Corolla May Have A Hard Suspension but definitely is more comfortable than a cedia or a civic in that case.

Well Heighted Seats and Good Comfort.

Though in a civic you get quite good rear legroom , but then the low seats and the low stance of the car makes it a bit ackward arrangement

Also Ingress and Egress ( Hope I am spelling it correctly) in the Civic Is Not the Comfortable considering the low height of the seats.

I haven't Driven Or Taken A Ride in The Cedia , So Wont be able to comment on that but 1 thing is for sure , If You Take A Corolla , U Wont Be disappinted!
Old 6th November 2007, 23:01   #58
BHPian

Well i have taken the Corolla, the Civic and the Cedia for test drives. All three are in a league of their own, no doubt. As far as suspension and ride quality is concerned, Civic and Cedia are neck in neck. But taking ground clearance into account and handling too, Cedia scores a little more. The seating is more or less similar in Corolla and Cedia but a little low( not to my liking) in Civic. One thing i observed was that the Civic has a blind spot, you can miss seeing peeking 2-wheelers due to the windscreen's side bars. Lastly, I still recommend a Cedia(Sports version) since i think its bang for the buck and also due to the 'enthu' dad who is going to drive around in this car! I too feel that you and dad must take a test drive of all these vehicles and decide for yourself which vehicle to zero in on.
Old 6th November 2007, 23:17   #59
Senior - BHPian

Lots of Corolla votes I see. 12Lacs means that the Civic is within grasps right?

Nothing on Indian roads for that price says 'I have arrived' like a 2007 Honda Civic!!!
Old 6th November 2007, 23:24   #60
BANNED

If 12L is the budget then Civic is the better option available , best Selling car in D-segment nowadays .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks