Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2007, 23:48   #61

Thank you guys for providing me with more insights. I will be in Delhi in 2 weeks and hopefully will test drive along with my old man - had narrowed down to Civic, Corolla and Cedia! I am also thinking of a nice hatch in the premium segment as possible alternative, but don't think there is one.
Old 7th November 2007, 02:03   #62
BHPian

Well from my point of view, you stated that you are willing to buy the car in 2-3 months time. I guess you should wait till Jan 08.After the Auto Expo, loads of new variants hitting India will be clear. The new Corolla or the New City(which might be out till May actually) might be possible options.
Old 7th November 2007, 04:38   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Well,
The only premium hatchback is the Optra SR-V.
It looks great in the Options Pack trim and has the other upsides of the Optra but is let down by its not so enthusiastic engine and gearbox.
Old 7th November 2007, 15:41   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Well,
The only premium hatchback is the Optra SR-V.
It looks great in the Options Pack trim and has the other upsides of the Optra but is let down by its not so enthusiastic engine and gearbox.
How about the diesel Getz? Price is almost premium
Old 7th November 2007, 16:29   #65
Team-BHP Support

You want a car which has good legroom in rear, a comfortable rear seat and also easy to drive.
Octavia is not a nice car for rear passengers if your father is above 5'9" in height.
The SX4 is the best compromise, followed by the NHC VTEC with ABS.
Even the corolla is very comfortable.
I like the Civic, but rear seat is not something to boast about. As for the Optra, the rear legroom was not that great and seating was low as compared to the NHC and SX4.
These two are the best bet. Comfortable to drive. and good back seat with no hassles.
Old 7th November 2007, 17:48   #66
BHPian

Being the primary use is for your Parents, I would suggest you to go in for Innova. First of all it will be easy for them to get into the car and to get out. AC is pretty good. Comfort level and Safety is excellent. Returns good mileage also.

Mathew.
Old 7th November 2007, 22:50   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Lots of Corolla votes I see. 12Lacs means that the Civic is within grasps right?

Nothing on Indian roads for that price says 'I have arrived' like a 2007 Honda Civic!!!
I too was surprised to see such a response..I was thinking may coz tis for the elderly..I have always seen folks crib on this forum when it comes to corolla..outdated, plain, suspension hassless blah blah..if you ask me..its a no nonsense automobile..absolutely no hassles and performance can appeal to young folks as well(like me )
Old 8th November 2007, 04:59   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashams_s View Post
I too was surprised to see such a response..I was thinking may coz tis for the elderly..I have always seen folks crib on this forum when it comes to corolla..outdated, plain, suspension hassless blah blah..if you ask me..its a no nonsense automobile..absolutely no hassles and performance can appeal to young folks as well(like me )
Simple - Older people prefer the Corolla as it is more comfortable, easy to drive, bigger and has a more elegant look.
Younger people prefer Civic because it is more sportier looking, and drives better.
Old 12th December 2007, 23:47   #69

Hey guys, finally bought corolla (h2 varaint) for my dad. He just loves it. I was not there too long to get to know the car. But the initial impression, is that, it is the car, I was looking out for. Anyways, thank you guys for helping me out with the final decision!
Old 13th December 2007, 10:07   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillGates View Post
Hey guys, finally bought corolla (h2 varaint) for my dad. He just loves it. I was not there too long to get to know the car. But the initial impression, is that, it is the car, I was looking out for. Anyways, thank you guys for helping me out with the final decision!
This must have exceeded your initial budget by over a lakh. How much did it cost you?
Old 13th December 2007, 13:17   #71
BHPian

Congrats bro you made the right choice.
Old 13th December 2007, 14:33   #72
BHPian

Nice choice bill, the corolla is really a classy car. The look and the interiors would definitely suit a elderly person.
Its got a good engine too and can be really quick, your dad will really love it.
Old 13th December 2007, 15:16   #73
Team-BHP Support

Congrats on the purchase!
Old 13th December 2007, 15:18   #74
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to you dad. I wish him safe and comfortable rides to come...
Old 13th December 2007, 16:26   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillGates View Post
Good choice indeed. Congrats for your purchase.

I have a question. Did you actually testdrive CCC (Cedia, Corolla and Civic) yourself? If so, please post your impressions and the reason you chose Corolla.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks