Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2008, 23:55   #1
BHPian

is SKODA RS 7L a good buy?

Hey guys,

I went out for a test drive of a second hand RS run only about 35000 kms. Fully loaded with a Pioneer touch screen added and BBS alloys. No major problems in the car. Just a few scratches and dirty seats. Quoted price was 8 lakhs but I think I can bring it down to about 7lakhs. Is it a good buy? What about the maintainence of a 2 and half year old RS? It is a Dec 05 model. Only problem now is that I have to sell my 2000 sfxi red lancer(which is a beauty) to fund the new car. Would appreciate your inputs guys. And to be honest I have been dreaming of the car from the time I drove it. It was love at first drive. Is this love worth it?

Cheers
Old 24th June 2008, 00:14   #2
BANNED

this is the going price of the car. nothing cool about it. in bombay it starts from 6 laks for a 2004 rs
Old 24th June 2008, 00:17   #3
BHPian

Check the turbo bearings

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfx View Post
Hey guys,

I went out for a test drive of a second hand RS run only about 35000 kms. Fully loaded with a Pioneer touch screen added and BBS alloys. No major problems in the car. Just a few scratches and dirty seats. Quoted price was 8 lakhs but I think I can bring it down to about 7lakhs. Is it a good buy? What about the maintainence of a 2 and half year old RS? It is a Dec 05 model. Only problem now is that I have to sell my 2000 sfxi red lancer(which is a beauty) to fund the new car. Would appreciate your inputs guys. And to be honest I have been dreaming of the car from the time I drove it. It was love at first drive. Is this love worth it?

Cheers
Have a keen look at the turbos bearings and function. If they are in good shape; the rest of the car should be more or less trouble free. The care given to the automobile by the owner is best gauged by the proper functioning of the turbo components.
Old 24th June 2008, 01:14   #4
BHPian

Dude dont even think,just by the car.Lancer is good but the Rs is like a monster.Im telling you,no car in india will give you the driving pleasure of an Rs turbo.And for 7 lakhs its a steal considering that when i confirmed with a guy in bangalore a bout Rs turbo's,he told me prices begin at 10 for 2005 model.!
Old 24th June 2008, 09:49   #5
Senior - BHPian

The precise answer is that it is good deal. Make sure you check it out with A.S & S. . Moreover you love and dream of this car!
Old 24th June 2008, 10:04   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Buy it -- if the turbo is clean. Also, Ajmat would be the best person to advise you on buying a pre-owned RS.

Ajmat, where art thou? Cutting cake :-). Your RS may have company here..
Old 24th June 2008, 10:09   #7
BHPian

What kind of BBS were they? what was the size?
Old 24th June 2008, 10:09   #8
Senior - BHPian

a good deal for 7l if the car is in proper shape, a similar rs in hyd would go for around 10l.

Last edited by aadix : 24th June 2008 at 10:25.
Old 24th June 2008, 10:22   #9
BHPian

@sfk: I don't know about the price man but if it suits you, go for the car! You'll not regret it.
My dad drives an RS too and it has run 1.32 Lakh KMs without any major glitches. The biggest problem he has had to face till now, was just the choking of an injector which caused the car to stall sometimes.
The only downside is that most Skoda dealers around here are jerks (can't say the same about chennai though!)
And guess what... with controlled(and I realy mean it) driving he consistently manages around 16-17 kmpl on a tankfull.

Last edited by dustDevil : 24th June 2008 at 10:24.
Old 24th June 2008, 10:24   #10
Senior - BHPian

If the car is in good condition, buy it!! Its an amazing piece of machinery. Get the car properly checked at the A.S.S though.
Old 24th June 2008, 11:42   #11
Senior - BHPian

As many have told here, it looks like a good deal. Can't compare with Mumbai prices though. Get it checked. Be careful on the Skoda service.

If i were you, i would stick to the SFX (keep the beauty), spend a cool 2 laks and get a proper turbo on it. (It is not staright forward as you buy an RS). There is a rollercoster of emotions!! Will beat the RS anyway. Mistu service, bah, you can DIY. Will not spend more on an unknown car.
Old 24th June 2008, 14:27   #12
Senior - BHPian

@redsfx : If you end up buying this RS, that would be a nice addition to the chennai-tbhp garage. Yeah, pjspeed has an immaculate black RS, but since he does not come to most meets, we dont get to see that car much.

PM esteem_lover & nitrous for more info on the price and car - they are the used car experts around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustDevil
My dad drives an RS too and it has run 1.32 Lakh KMs without any major glitches. And guess what... with controlled(and I realy mean it) driving he consistently manages around 16-17 kmpl on a tankfull.
At the first read, I missed the 'tankfull' part and was like.
Old 24th June 2008, 14:36   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

Cheers
Seems to be a good buy. Get it checked by a good mechanic (or by some of our TBHP tech guys!!) and go for it.
Old 24th June 2008, 14:48   #14
Senior - BHPian

7 Lakhs is ok for a 2.5 years old RS, but they dont really sell like hot cakes, so try to bring it down further. Was this one of the cars advertised in the Hindu on sunday ?

Quote:
And to be honest I have been dreaming of the car from the time I drove it. It was love at first drive. Is this love worth it?

Cheers
Your heart should also be willing to feed it in good & bad times, if it can, take it.
Old 24th June 2008, 19:22   #15
BHPian

Thanks for all the replies guys. Regarding the wheels(sorry it was'nt BBS got it mixed up) they were ADVANTIS. Spoke to the personnel today and bargained hard. Will get a reply soon. But a small glitch here is that I need to sell my lancer to fund the RS and I dont know how long that is going to take. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks