Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2008, 00:52   #61
BHPian

wow!
since you owned two Skoda's they should have given you preferential treatment, i just hope i don't encounter any problems with A.S.S.
Old 25th September 2008, 14:12   #62
Senior - BHPian

My wife called Paras and asked about Car Details like Booking Order No,Chassis and Engine no.
He promptly replied ,will send within 30 mts.
But till now she haven't got any msgs frmo him.
This is the way they treated the customers though i paid full amount and credited in their account.
That's why i am suspecting those guys,They are doing some rough play.
I am not in a mood to continue the deal.But my wife insisted me to buy this car.
Command from my Superior.So no other way
Old 25th September 2008, 23:10   #63
BHPian

A sad day with Gurudev

Before booking the car i had to wait till Mr. Vishal (scheduled time 11am) came to my house with DD for my Octavia (the rate was agreed the prevoius day), after which i would hand over the amount as my down-payment. At 3pm i call him and he finally says the rate is not acceptable and after much haggling he says he would bring the DD later in the evening, after much calling he arrives at 6pm without the DD and says that the party interested in the car would bring the DD in half an hour and then says he has to go for giving someone a testdrive of the laura and would be back in half an hour. One hour had passed still no news from him, so finally i call him and he says he will be at my house in 5 minutes, another hour has passed and still nothing. After again calling he says the party is not interested in the car.

I don't know who this party is and from where it suddenly cropped up, i was thinking that Gurudev would be giving me the Laura in exchange for the old car.
Old 26th September 2008, 00:20   #64
BHPian

aks_karthik,

Put your foot down and ask them for a delivery date in writing.

Be firm with them and do not budge, also mention that you would cancel the order if they keep extending the delivery dates

Trust me this will get the ball rolling in your favour !!
Old 26th September 2008, 11:20   #65
ESK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Before booking the car i had to wait till Mr. Vishal (scheduled time 11am) came to my house with DD for my Octavia (the rate was agreed the prevoius day), after which i would hand over the amount as my down-payment. At 3pm i call him and he finally says the rate is not acceptable and after much haggling he says he would bring the DD later in the evening, after much calling he arrives at 6pm without the DD and says that the party interested in the car would bring the DD in half an hour and then says he has to go for giving someone a testdrive of the laura and would be back in half an hour. One hour had passed still no news from him, so finally i call him and he says he will be at my house in 5 minutes, another hour has passed and still nothing. After again calling he says the party is not interested in the car.

I don't know who this party is and from where it suddenly cropped up, i was thinking that Gurudev would be giving me the Laura in exchange for the old car.
Normally, all the dealers have a tie up with Agents who trade in cars. The agents pick up the cars and pay you or the dealer. I had similar expereince with my earlier car. AFter the initial contact was set up, i was negotiating the price directly with the agent, he inspected my car, and prepared the payment. He was ready to give me the cheque, but i did not want a cash flow into my account. Aksed him to pay the dealer.
Old 28th September 2008, 12:38   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am going to book the Laura L&K MT on thursday (beige colour mostly)
Whether you got delivered your car.
Why i am asking ,Beige color Laura L&K which ordered for me was sold to some one.if you delivered,that's the car brought for me
so they ordered another car and will be coming to chennai morrow.As i spoke with PARAS he promised to deliver by Tuesday or Wednseday.
Old 28th September 2008, 12:53   #67
Senior - BHPian

My Company already got a written statement from Gurudev stated if the delivered is deferred,Penalty of 1% of the car value will be given to company including saturday and sunday and company will give about 50% to me.
For everyday Gurudev Motors has to pay some Rs.1875.They promised me to give the car on last friday.If i get the car on wednesday.5Days * 1875= Rs.9375 and i'll get Rs.4687.50 .
I asked PARAS the owner of the Gurudev,He told it'll be deducted from sales person(Mr.Vishal) salary.
Good one but i didn't get my car on said date.that's a very sad part.
Ok wait panalam
Old 28th September 2008, 21:02   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Whether you got delivered your car.
Why i am asking ,Beige color Laura L&K which ordered for me was sold to some one.if you delivered,that's the car brought for me
so they ordered another car and will be coming to chennai morrow.As i spoke with PARAS he promised to deliver by Tuesday or Wednseday.
nope, have not got my car delivered, Mr Vishal is having some problems with his second hand car agent, have complained to Mr. Paras about it and has assured me everything will be sorted out tomorrow.
Old 2nd October 2008, 02:21   #69
BHPian

aks_karthik: have you got your car delivered as yet?

mine should be ready by monday
Old 2nd October 2008, 12:09   #70

hey guys just a general question to all laura owners. a couple of days ago i had some sort of a grinding sound comming from the front right wheel. i initally thought it was some dirt in the disc pads but to my horror it was a pretty big stone stuck in the pad which was grinding. and to make matters worse it was the same in the front left. upon inquiring with the work shop, they told us that this was a common problem with the laura. has anyone else encounterd this sort of problem. was seriously considering upgrading to the l&k but im not too sure now. can anyone shed some more light on this matter.
Old 2nd October 2008, 13:21   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett View Post
hey guys just a general question to all laura owners. a couple of days ago i had some sort of a grinding sound comming from the front right wheel. i initally thought it was some dirt in the disc pads but to my horror it was a pretty big stone stuck in the pad which was grinding. and to make matters worse it was the same in the front left. upon inquiring with the work shop, they told us that this was a common problem with the laura. has anyone else encounterd this sort of problem. was seriously considering upgrading to the l&k but im not too sure now. can anyone shed some more light on this matter.
Dunno about the Laura but it never happened to my Octavia, please pass on any information if you get from the service guys.
Old 2nd October 2008, 18:02   #72

your never gonna believe it but the stones were pretty big and it was not just in one wheel but it was in both the front ones. the skoda guys gave no information what so ever. all they said was that it was normal. nothing more
Old 2nd October 2008, 20:50   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
aks_karthik: have you got your car delivered as yet?

mine should be ready by monday
Nope,had some problem in my company end and car will be delivered only on Next Friday.
meanwhile what color did you choose?Cappichino Beige.
yesterday only they put our cheque for collection.
I asked for any L&K in Stock.
Paras told no color/L&K are in stock and he ordered a Cappichino Beige color for me.(Earlier he said it's already booked and going for reg. on tuesday and i planned to take delivery on last wednesday)
and will tell the car's VIN on friday.
But all were playing some great drama.(Company as well as Gurudev motors)
No idea how it will end.
May be a get a car or cancel the deal.
anything may happen :( God Only Knows.
Old 2nd October 2008, 21:52   #74
BHPian

lol, am planning to cancel the deal too. Just read somewhere in T-bhp about the Laura facelift.

Last edited by xtremeshock : 2nd October 2008 at 22:08.
Old 3rd October 2008, 09:46   #75
Senior - BHPian

Facelife version will be coming to india after 2010 only.
Nope car is a GEM.
if you had a TD, you could have felt it.
very comfortable and good design with all gizmos.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks