Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2009, 15:22   #106
BHPian

are you sure felix that its available for 1 lac and has covered only 11,000 kms??
you should definately get it thoroughly checked at honda and also verify the service records.
Damn even my dad wont sell me this car for 1 lac
Old 9th February 2009, 16:04   #107
Senior - BHPian

I think he wat he meant is 110000.
Old 9th February 2009, 23:45   #108

Hi everyone, thank u for the prompt replies.

I am a 100% sure about the authenticity of the car. In fact I have accompanied my friend to the service station quite a few times. The deal is that this chap has 6 cars for 4 family members and thats the reason most of his cars have very few kms on the odo.

I was always a big fan of that car and I always used to tell him that whenever he sells it, I'l be the one whose going to buy it. So when he decided to sell some of his cars, he came to me first. I asked him to do a bit of market research to find what price he'l get for his car. The best he got was 130000. I told him if i try really hard, I might pull up maybe around a lakh and he agreed.

@ Unknownsatan : I really meant 11k, not 110k :

His car is absolutely stock, with the only addition being a streering cover and one of those 'single hand turning knobs', not sure what they are called.

A clip from the rear bumper has snapped, just below the fender. A small patch of rust had formed just below the petrol lid, which he rectified last month. A few thin scratches on the bumper which im not really worried about.

What worries me is the avaiability of spares. Do you guys think that will be a problem in the next 2, mayb 3 years?

The car is Golden beige, i so dont like it. I'l vertainly have to get it painted if and when I buy it. My friend is out of town and wont be back before the 20th. So that gives me sometime to make up my mind and beg people for some dough.

So everyone, plz help me out. Should I go in for it? And if I do buy it, do you guys have any idea as to how much I'l have to pay for getting the names transferred and get a new insurance policy? I havent ever bought a used car before, so I have zero idea. Also, how much should I set aside for painting the car? Someone told me getting it painted with Honda will set me back about 60k.

Sorry for the long post, I apologise.
Old 10th February 2009, 10:26   #109
BHPian

felix lie cheat or steal but if whatever you say is true then just get the car mate!
Parts availability will not be an issue and the best thing about this car is that it can be repaired and worked outside honda as well. So for small niggles and issues you can get it sorted out for reasonable price.
Old 10th February 2009, 13:23   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
So everyone, plz help me out. Should I go in for it? And if I do buy it, do you guys have any idea as to how much I'l have to pay for getting the names transferred and get a new insurance policy? I havent ever bought a used car before, so I have zero idea. Also, how much should I set aside for painting the car? Someone told me getting it painted with Honda will set me back about 60k.
Go for it @felix ! If you don't please let us know. I'm sure there'd be interested Kolkata T-BHPians !

Painting at, say Glix, would probably cost around 30K.
New insurance should surely be < 10K. Maybe more around the 6-7K mark.
Name transfer should also be around 2-3K mark. This is a guess though.

By the way - what are the other 4 cars he's selling ?
Old 10th February 2009, 13:51   #111
Senior - BHPian

OHC 1.5 with 11K on the odo for about a lakh rupees!!!

That is not good news for current OHC owners. Including me.
Old 11th February 2009, 01:52   #112

Thanks everyone for replying.

I think I'l go ahead and pick this baby up. :d I just hope I dont have trouble with spares and stuff. Nonetheless, I think if all goes well, I should have the car in two weeks time.

I feel like a little child waiting for Christmas!!

I'd once again like to thank all of you all for taking time out to reply here, much appreciated !!

Time to start begging.
Old 20th February 2009, 13:45   #113
BHPian

Guys

Advice time, I have found a 2001 OHC Vtec with 160000 on the odo in a reasonably ok condition for a asking price of Rs 1.25 lac. Whats the advice. What is the engine life and price visa vis the usage. It is with the Owner of this factory opposit my office in complete stock condition fully serviced by Authorised Honda work shop. Small bumps on the side nothing major. It will be a second car to do up Vitamin M permiting what i cant do in my Marina. What say?
Old 20th February 2009, 14:45   #114
Senior - BHPian

Ritayan - price if ok and engine should definetly last some more of course with the nessary maintenance done. but why go for this car ? what exactly is ur requirement and budget ?
Old 20th February 2009, 15:02   #115
BHPian

Well the funny part is there is no requirment so budget is nil now. Since he mentioned that he wants to sell his car for 1.25 and it is a vtec, i got interested. Never knew I could get one at this price. The Idea is to get it, bring it back to its prime and then look at mods to proably have it as a night car, given the basics should hold up, ie: engine and transmition.
Old 20th February 2009, 17:23   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Thanks everyone for replying.

I think I'l go ahead and pick this baby up. :d I just hope I dont have trouble with spares and stuff. Nonetheless, I think if all goes well, I should have the car in two weeks time.

I feel like a little child waiting for Christmas!!

I'd once again like to thank all of you all for taking time out to reply here, much appreciated !!

Time to start begging.
felix, don't worry about the spares in Calcutta. Just go and grab that car.

PS: Remember to call the Cal Gang for a treat.
Old 20th February 2009, 17:59   #117
Senior - BHPian

I smell a lemon here.
Probably some huge repair cost waiting for the person who will buy it.
Old 20th February 2009, 19:16   #118
Senior - BHPian

1 lakh is throwaway. If you think the car is genuine with the 11k kms, which I think you have vouched for the authenticity go ahead and pick it up. You dont get type 2 OHC's for such ridiculous prices. Check a for the service history once just for your satisfaction.

And Golden is not bad really. Golden was the last preferred colour when I was looking for an OHC too but I did not care for the colour in the end because the car was good. Also if the colour is in good shape dont spend on getting the car repainted right away.

Good luck

Last edited by Dippy : 20th February 2009 at 19:18.
Old 5th March 2009, 13:27   #119
BHPian

bangalore bhp'ians you might want to check this out...

Make Yours A 2002 Honda City VTEC, bangalore, India
Old 5th March 2009, 23:26   #120
Senior - BHPian

White baleno

Guys,a small help,heard about a baleno.details are:
White color,2003 model, 50000km, single owner,comperhensive.
How much do u think will be a fair price?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks