Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2009, 14:14   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Are they a straight fit? Or are any modifications needed to the engine mounts?
4G69? Hmm, haven't seen too many of those being transplanted. Would probably be more expensive than a 6A12, right, given that it's still in production?
How much do you think the transplant will cost?
Both are direct bolt-ons. 4G69 is rather easy to get since its still being built in decent quantities and is not very expensive either. 6A12 is a higher revving unit and will be harder to source. A 4G69 transplant assuming you know the right sources will be below 3lac INR.

A cheaper option is a bolt on turbo kit. Low boost ones at around 6-7psi will give you similar or a bit more horse power as the 4G69 and don't need modifications to the engine. Quite a few folks are running these kits costing ~1500 USD on their daily drivers without any issues. However if you wish to get more out of it, then reliability goes for a toss.

To be honest the 4G94 block on the cedia is not that tuner friendly. Its pretty much maxed out from factory. If one wants serious mods, one has to look at a transplant for sure.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 25th February 2009 at 14:16.
Old 25th February 2009, 19:34   #47
Senior - BHPian

Do you know if the 4G69 would fit a Lancer? Logically it should, given that the 6A12 does. But then, this is a 2.4L unit, so I don't know if the engine bay can accomodate it without relocating other components.

Will watch this space for your prospective project
Old 25th February 2009, 19:58   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
There are quite a few reasons for the performance in that test - the biggest being tyres. Having driven both, I felt the stock rubber on the 1.6s is a *lot* grippier than the stock rubber on the Cedia. The stock rubber that comes with the cedia is pure junk. Ofcourse there's no doubt the cedia needs a stiffer suspension setup. The stock suspension is just way too soft.

I've seen quite a few stages of the INRC and the fiestas are no way close to the cedias - either in straight lines or in the corners. Even on the small special stages, the fiestas were a whole 2-3 secs slower. Part of this can be attributed to the extra power but not all of it.

Plus there's the reliability aspect - mitsubishis are in general way way more reliable than fords and skodas. If you get a vRS, be ready for monster after sales service bills.
Do you know which tyres come as stock on the Fiesta 1.6s?
Old 25th February 2009, 19:58   #49
Senior - BHPian

^^It'll fit a cedia fine but no clue about the old lancer. The engine mounts are the same so I'm guessing there's no problem there. However physically fitting it might be an issue.
Old 25th February 2009, 20:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Do you know which tyres come as stock on the Fiesta 1.6s?
Some kind of 195/55R15 goodyear, I don't remember which pattern.
Old 25th February 2009, 20:08   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

It's the NCT 5. I just checked.

I dont think they are THAT much better than the Potenza RE88s.
Old 26th February 2009, 05:10   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To be brutally honest, in terms of sheer driving attributes (handling, response) I would rate my Lancer higher (in stock form, and of course in its presently modified form). But then I've never driven a Cedia with a modified suspension and better rubber. Am sure it'll be nicer to drive than in stock form. Any first-hand feedback?
Cedia with coilovers and 205s is a beautiful car in the corners. Absolutely predictable, knows exactly what it's doing, and you can push like mad.

Quote:
^^Plan to - My intention is to get a 4G69 or still better a 6A12 MIVEC and hotbits once I have sufficient moolah. For now have to live with stock because of the lack of green stuff. A transplant is always more reliable than messing with the engine by turbocharging. I'm not a a fan of most turbocharged engines either.
4G69 isn't that hot. Might as well get a 4G92 Mivec and put it in. The 6A12 isn't too advisable. Mitsubishi never sold it with the Lancer or the Cedia. You'll mess up your weight distribution.

Quote:
To be honest the 4G94 block on the cedia is not that tuner friendly. Its pretty much maxed out from factory. If one wants serious mods, one has to look at a transplant for sure.
"Tuner friendly" is relative. I've seen turbo Cedias with just piston upgrades putting out around 200 whp, and fully worked engines running upto 22 psi -- so you can imagine the power levels. In India. Not to forget the INRC Cedias, which do around 220 hp with a 4G94.

Quote:
Do you know if the 4G69 would fit a Lancer? Logically it should, given that the 6A12 does. But then, this is a 2.4L unit, so I don't know if the engine bay can accomodate it without relocating other components.
Put in a 4G92, best bet for a Lancer. Currently driving a 200 hp 4G92 with a complete Pedders Sport setup, and it's out of this world.
Old 26th February 2009, 15:07   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Cedia with coilovers and 205s is a beautiful car in the corners. Absolutely predictable, knows exactly what it's doing, and you can push like mad.
Good to know, thanks!

Quote:
Put in a 4G92, best bet for a Lancer. Currently driving a 200 hp 4G92 with a complete Pedders Sport setup, and it's out of this world.
The Pedders part... yea, that I know about
Regd the 4G92, I agree it's the perfect upgrade, barring the fuel problem. 97 Octane is hard to get, not to mention very expensive.
Plus, my Lancer's getting old in the tooth. Even if it is in good shape mechanically, there are small the knick-knack issues that come with age, and these are very irritating. So I have my reservations about spending any more on a close to 9yr old car. Hence the questions about the Cedia.
Old 26th February 2009, 17:20   #54
BHPian

Quote:
I've seen turbo Cedias with just piston upgrades putting out around 200 whp, and fully worked engines running upto 22 psi
A detailed review will be great.

Quote:
Currently driving a 200 hp 4G92 with a complete Pedders Sport setup
Where can we get to see this in action?

Last edited by brraj : 26th February 2009 at 17:22.
Old 26th February 2009, 17:33   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj View Post
A detailed review will be great.
Talk to Doomsday. He has seen the car in action. I just saw it when it was being built.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brraj
Where can we get to see this in action?
Come down to I'nagar. But offer's not valid very long, I only have the car because mine has gone in for some minor work.

Quote:
Regd the 4G92, I agree it's the perfect upgrade, barring the fuel problem. 97 Octane is hard to get, not to mention very expensive.
Plus, my Lancer's getting old in the tooth. Even if it is in good shape mechanically, there are small the knick-knack issues that come with age, and these are very irritating. So I have my reservations about spending any more on a close to 9yr old car. Hence the questions about the Cedia.
The Cedia should accept the Mivec engine without an issue. Or you can have the best of both worlds. A Mivec 4G92 head and high-compression pistons and a 4G94 block. I think a couple of guys in the US and Australia have tried this. Regarding fuel, the Mivec comes with a knock sensor, so you can run standard 91 octane fuel on it. It will not perform to full potential, but it will run hassle-free.
Old 27th February 2009, 11:54   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Cedia should accept the Mivec engine without an issue. Or you can have the best of both worlds. A Mivec 4G92 head and high-compression pistons and a 4G94 block. I think a couple of guys in the US and Australia have tried this. Regarding fuel, the Mivec comes with a knock sensor, so you can run standard 91 octane fuel on it. It will not perform to full potential, but it will run hassle-free.
Any idea how much the MIVEC 4G92 head & pistons would cost? What other complications may crop up while mating them to the 4G94 block? Am guessing fuel system needs to be upgraded (pump/lines/rail/injectors)?
Old 28th February 2009, 01:08   #57
Senior - BHPian

Dunno. You'd best ask Sideways or call Krupesh.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks