Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2012, 23:40   #31
BHPian

Re: Used Civic for 8 lacs?

Does this look like a good deal or something fishy except for the mismatched Odo reading?
Used 2009 Honda Civic 1.8S MT (D354236) for sale in Bangalore - CarWale
Old 18th June 2012, 00:06   #32
BHPian

One word of caution. Most of the dealer ads are from "classic motors", who will add 15,000 as commission and 5,000 as RTO handling charges over the display price. Also, they are experts in hacked ODO readings (there was a KA....86 regn CIVIC AT 2006 model which did less than 4000 kms all this while),hiding accidents, faking service records (with stamp of "shah automotives"). always take a mechanic with you (a TD should not freeze the deal). They will even not share the owner's details at first instance and try to avoid handing over all the original bills, purchase invoice. May be I was handed over a lemon civic (with head job done and not disclosed), but stay away from "too good to be true" offers. AT FE is around 8 kmpl in city. They do have good cars too, but little negligence can get u a lemon and they have access to all unethical means to make your experience a "white" one.

Last edited by devsoftech : 18th June 2012 at 00:10.
Old 18th June 2012, 10:28   #33
BHPian

Am aware of classic's ways... The above car is from Brigade cars anyway most dealers are the same with the exception of few decent ones like national motors.
Thx for the heads up, how much did you pay for your civic? bought from classic?
Old 18th June 2012, 10:35   #34
BHPian

6.10 lac for August 2006 CIVIC V-AT (49,800 kms on ODO) + 12k (brokerage) + 5k (RTO handling) - bought from classic.
Additionally (decided at the time of purchase), I spent 22k for Yokohama A-Drive (as old tyres had no usable life) and 5600 for Amaron PRO 55AH battery (battey was also stock) and 17k on insurance renewal.
Old 11th July 2012, 15:31   #35
BHPian

Hi friends,

Need some advice. I am getting a Sep 2008 Civic 1.8 V AT for 6 lacs, from a neighbor of my brother. Would you say that this is a good deal? I think it has clocked around 50 k on the odo. I'm yet to check out the car or its condition, although he says that it has been very well maintained. Worth looking into? I have to travel a lot to check it, hence asking.
Old 11th July 2012, 16:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEye View Post
Hi friends,

Need some advice. I am getting a Sep 2008 Civic 1.8 V AT for 6 lacs, from a neighbor of my brother. Would you say that this is a good deal? I think it has clocked around 50 k on the odo. I'm yet to check out the car or its condition, although he says that it has been very well maintained. Worth looking into? I have to travel a lot to check it, hence asking.
This is an OK deal at best, if the car is in immaculate condition with new tyres, insurance, recent services done etc. I've been looking around for cars of a similar vintage, and have found most Civics from 2007-2008 to be sub-5 lakhs. But then again, most were S-AT. A V-AT should have a premium of 10-20,000 over an S, but that depends on how you negotiate, and whether you really want / need a V.

If you take it to Carnation / First Choice for an appraisal, I doubt that they'll offer more than 4 for it. They have a ~8% margin, so the buyers price from one of those is probably sub-5.

Probably worth a look - he might be quoting 6 to start negotiations etc. 6 is only OK if the car has a new set of shoes, insurance that is recent, and has had the major 45K servicing etc done. ie, I am counting the price as 5 Base + 1L for all this jazz.

But its probably not worth it. There are a bunch of Civics available for sale all over the place. 6 is too much considering what you're getting from other sellers.

That said, the Civic is an insanely beautiful car to look at and to drive. If there were no other sellers around, I'd buy this car - its probably worth it. But when there are other cars available for less -- I'd say avoid.
torquing_points is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2012, 16:35   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquing_points View Post
This is an OK deal at best, if the car is in immaculate condition with new tyres, insurance, recent services done etc.....
But its probably not worth it. There are a bunch of Civics available for sale all over the place. 6 is too much considering what you're getting from other sellers.
At today's scenario the price is a bit more. I recollect GTO's post in another thread wherein it was indicated that pre-worshipped Civics are much cheaper than that.
Old 29th August 2012, 07:38   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

2006 Civic AT run 30k, asking for 5L. Haven't seen the car yet. Not from a dealer from the looks of it.

What's the call?
Old 29th August 2012, 10:36   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
2006 Civic AT run 30k, asking for 5L. Haven't seen the car yet. Not from a dealer from the looks of it.

What's the call?
Seems like a very good price. Is it S or V trim?
Old 6th December 2012, 18:12   #40

Hi friends,

I have always been in love with the Civic. I am planning to buy a used one. One I saw with a dealer within my neighborhood. Guy is quoting 5.8L for it. Car is in a good condition.

Variant- V AT(automatic)
Year-2008 Oct
Kms-39,000
Colour- Maroon

Now the car is New Mumbai registered and I stay in Lokhandwala, Andheri. He says will take care of the transfer charges.
You think it is good deal at 5.8L?
Old 29th August 2014, 00:40   #41
BHPian

A second hand civic!

How come this never dawned on me? Better late than never.

Any idea where I can find a good condition Civic AT in Bangalore?

Since you mentioned classic motors, any other dealers which I should watch out for?

Another thing how difficult is the car to maintain? Is it a white elephant? I have heard people buying civic these days for 3 lacs, that is why I am pretty curious to know.

Another thing what mileage can I expect on the highways, as my driving is mostly on highways.
Old 24th November 2014, 14:16   #42
BHPian

Interesting thread, motivated me to browse through OLX and quikr. Somehow, the asking price seems higher than what I expected after going through this thread. For example: 9.25L for 2011 V-AT.
http://bangalore.olx.in/honda-civic-...-iid-750532367
Old 6th February 2015, 13:54   #43
BHPian

I'm in the market for a used Sedan and have my eyes on 2010 Civic SMT going for 6.5L.

Does it make sense to buy a Civic today, given that it had been discontinued for so long and no sign of re-entry in very near future. How is the spare parts availability in the market and does it provide any additional value-add over a similar aged Honda City or Vento Petrol (these two others I've shortlisted and will be getting one of these, if not civic)?
Old 6th February 2015, 14:51   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeeprawat View Post
I'm in the market for a used Sedan and have my eyes on 2010 Civic SMT going for 6.5L.

does it provide any additional value-add over a similar aged Honda City or Vento Petrol (these two others I've shortlisted and will be getting one of these, if not civic)?
I'm not sure about the B'lore price, but here in Chennai similar aged Civic is available for around 5.5L (Single owner with less than 60k on odo)

When you look for value-add (over the other sedans that you mentioned)
- Civic is a segment apart
- Better seating comfort
- Better / powerful engine
- Dynamics
- Spacious cabin

Some negatives
- Low FE
- Pay a little extra for insurance premium (>1.5L engine)
- Pricey spares
Old 6th February 2015, 15:47   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeeprawat View Post

Does it make sense to buy a Civic today, given that it had been discontinued for so long and no sign of re-entry in very near future. How is the spare parts availability in the market and does it provide any additional value-add over a similar aged Honda City or Vento Petrol (these two others I've shortlisted and will be getting one of these, if not civic)?
I have a used Civic.Some parts do take time, for eg a oil seal for the gear box took 2-3 days to arrive at Hass.Also the parts are frighteningly expensive.

Eg Fuel filter cost 4.5K.A shocker on each side costs 8K approx.Fact is this is a expensive car to maintain if things go wrong and believe they do go wrong so don't go under the impression of Honda reliability etc.

If it must be a Honda for you , you could try out the arrow shaped City in used form.It would do 70% of whatever the Civic does at a much lower cost.

Overall i have found the car to be something which has to be treated delicately.However if you do decide to buy one and are willing to spend good money to maintain same then make sure of below points.

1-Buy a single owner car only.

2-Make sure the mileage is on the lower side.Mind you Civic's ODO can be rigged.A service history would find the real odo.

3.Try to buy from a individual seller.Dealer cars have 99.99% rigged ODO.

Below link i had posted (idea taken from team bhp itself) can help determine
true ODO from Honda service centers.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3636994

All in all i can say that ,in spite of the problems i had faced with my Civic,
I am still a happy owner.It offers comfort and safety which at the used car price tag not many cars can offer.

Good Luck.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 6th February 2015 at 15:48.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks