Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2009, 10:03   #46
BHPian

just ordered. not received yet. would be a week before i get mine. long story.

since i am in gurgaon... i had two options.

ABS and Dhingra.

ABS has the new increased price tag with no discounts. so i had to get them off my charts.

dhingra has the old price with the 8K discount and free extended warranty. they did not have the color i want in stock.

i contacted a dealer in sonepat who knows one of my family friends. got a smallish extra discount. he would try to get me the car in the next couple of days.

would have to go there and drive the car back to gurgaon in full traffic of delhi. this when i have rarely driven a sedan all my life let alone a big one like linea.

hoping for the best!

the OTR price comes to around 8.62 with the discounts. the new updated increased price tag takes it to around 8.75 i think.

Last edited by Sushubh : 10th July 2009 at 10:04.
Old 10th July 2009, 12:18   #47
Senior - BHPian

Sushubh, don't mind my saying so, but you are a little too worried about driving a sedan. It will take you about a week to get used to its size so relax.

Regarding the Linea MJD, what i found is that it's gearing is a bit like the Palio MJD. 1st and 2nd are really short, so you feel that the car is "underpowered". 3rd gear tends to take off much faster. Remember that the Linea has excellent (best in class?) 20-80 kph acceleration timings in 3rd gear. So you know which gear your car has to be in most of the time..

Congratulations, enjoy the admiration!
Old 10th July 2009, 12:21   #48
BHPian

thanks mate. the fear is more due to the threads i have read on the forum related to quality and A S S issues.

chrome bits falling off. noise from the engine bay. low ground clearance. spurious parts?!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1360327-post112.html

i never hard to worry about anything with my two swifts

Last edited by Sushubh : 10th July 2009 at 12:23.
Old 19th July 2009, 13:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

Sushubh,

When are you getting your Linea bro? Have you got it and enjoying it or still in the progress? Its 19th july and you ordered one on 10th.
Old 19th July 2009, 13:31   #50
BHPian

i got my linea earlier this week. just got too busy to update here.

i got the silver colored version.

here is what i have experienced in the 2-3 days of ownership...

1st and 2nd gear are tough. very slow pickup (compared to swift diesel). so it is a pain to get out of traffic red lights.

3rd and 4th gear are decent in terms of acceleration. still getting used to the gear ratios... currently, i find it odd that vehicles keeps on overtaking me while i try to generate some momentum. i do not want to push it hard till it has run in 1-2000KM...

ground clearance is turning out to be a major problem. i have to avoid taking routes which have tall speed breakers. :( sadly i cannot do that all the time. the car has already taken 2-3 hits in the bottom. that drives a sword through my heart.

Blue&Me has been painful to use. it wont work at all with my wife's nokia phone. it wont stay connected to my nokia. sms support does not work at all on my phone. but i can make and receive calls (when it gets connected for a while).

the seat height adjustment... as i have read in other posts here. the seats tend to go back to the down position by the end of the day. i have to pull it up on a random basis. everytime i do that, i can find that the seat went down a couple of milimeters.

steering adjustment is also pretty useless for me as i find the lowest position to be high enough. if i take it any more up, it becomes pretty hard for me to drive.

seats... i am still getting used to them. i find them too soft for my taste and am getting aches in the back during long drives. :|

i am in the process of getting stiffer seat covers. i am hoping that might help out.

there are a lot of flaws in the car. especially connected to build quality. but i am loving it nonetheless considering this is my first big car and it does feel luxurious on the road to be driving in it.
Old 19th July 2009, 13:32   #51
BHPian

i can now hope that the moderators on the forum can rename this thread appropriately!
Old 27th July 2009, 23:47   #52
BHPian

first major problem in the car. mostly due to the rains which led to submerged roads. i am hoping there is no damage to the car :(

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1404270
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks