Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2010, 11:19   #46
BHPian

Patience pays..

Hey IMO you should wait for the Sonata 2011.From what I have learnt (from the web) about the car,it is expected to be well built with nice interiors.And with Hyundai service you won't have to worry about the service part.
Old 19th February 2010, 14:46   #47
Team-BHP Support

A question on Jetta. Is the Trendline Diesel worth going for? In other words, how good is the non-DSG version?
Old 20th February 2010, 18:44   #48
BHPian

Spoke to the Hyundai chap, he's not sure if the Sonata 2011 will come anytime soon. Discount offered was not anything great.

Have asked for a longer TD of the Jetta Comfortline on Tuesday. No idea about the Trendline ampere.

I went to a car accessory shop, the guy says he can give me a sub/amp/dvd player for the Jetta without messing with the car's electric waranty. One funny thing is that while you can play a music DVD on the new player and control it with a remote, you can't control the volume on it, have to adjust on the main panel only!
Old 20th February 2010, 19:40   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by incinerator View Post
Spoke to the Hyundai chap, he's not sure if the Sonata 2011 will come anytime soon. Discount offered was not anything great.

Have asked for a longer TD of the Jetta Comfortline on Tuesday. No idea about the Trendline ampere.

I went to a car accessory shop, the guy says he can give me a sub/amp/dvd player for the Jetta without messing with the car's electric waranty. One funny thing is that while you can play a music DVD on the new player and control it with a remote, you can't control the volume on it, have to adjust on the main panel only!
@incinerator,
Jetta with the DSG option is way above the budget for me (touching near 20L). Was just thinking that with a stretch goal, if Trendline would be a good option to go for?
Old 21st February 2010, 03:25   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Phoenix, my Accent isn't a CRDI, the previous version. So do you sugget I wait for the 2011 Sonata?
Ah! The good old Peugeot TUD5! That would go on for a while Have you considered writing a long-term ownership on that?! (I know, we do not get that car anymore, but it would be interesting to know the upkeep of that car / mill over a long time.

I would say wait for the 2011 Sonata as well as the Accord Diesel - then take your call.

I am not a fan of VW, and in case you choose one, look up the reviews, ownership reports, and the problems you need to look out for throughout the forum.
Old 21st February 2010, 10:10   #51
BHPian

Ampere, will ask the dealer more about the Trendline on Tuesday, i.e. how it is different from the Comfortline.

Phoenix, didn't know the older Viva had a Peugeot. I will write a long-term ownership on her in a while. She really does look as good as new, will post some photos too.
Old 21st February 2010, 22:25   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ampere, will ask the dealer more about the Trendline on Tuesday, i.e. how it is different from the Comfortline.

Phoenix, didn't know the older Viva had a Peugeot. I will write a long-term ownership on her in a while. She really does look as good as new, will post some photos too.
The auto DSG gear box is the one which makes all the difference. Every one suggests the DSG option for the Jetta. So just wanted to see if there are reviews or comments on the 5 Speed manual gear box for the diesel version (which is the Trendline). Do folks recommend that?
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:14   #53
BHPian

Will do a 25 km TD today, will post a review after its done. Just hope GC isn't too much of an issue.
Old 23rd February 2010, 21:23   #54
BHPian

I have a civic! Love it. But i still feel if you looking for build quality and planning to use the car alot. Then do urself a favour and go for the Jetta. Try to stretch the budget for the jetta automatic. Its an awesome vehicle. It last you a decade. Rest of the cars i'm not to sure of what to say. I love the skoda but their *** makes it a sour deal.
karan
Old 23rd February 2010, 23:22   #55
Senior - BHPian

@ incinerator - Any update? Did u TD the Jetta Trendline?
Old 27th February 2010, 14:02   #56
BHPian

Ok, did the Jetta Comfortline on Tuesday. Here're my views:

Pros:
1. Great stability at 80+
2. Paddle shift made me feel like Schumacher driving the Starship Enterprise
3. Easy to use touch screen
4. Was a pleasure to drive in bumper to bumper
5. Accelerator responds in a jiffy, sports mode was great on empty stretches
6. Seat hugs you
7. Engine is noisy but can barely hear it from inside

Cons:
1. Scraped the bottom at least 4 times despite being very slow on some potholes/bumps
2. Still looks very ordinary on the outside to me
3. Sound output is good, but far from what I'd like
4. At the end of the drive, my shoulders hurt. Maybe it was the way I gripped the wheel, but that was surprising.
5. The armrest has to be pulled in front if you want to rest your left arm, but its not comfy enough.
6. Don't feel its worth 20 lakhs (the Passat should've been price at 20)

I'm seriously thinking I should wait a while or consider something like the Captiva!
Old 27th February 2010, 16:33   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Pros:
1. Great stability at 80+
2. Paddle shift made me feel like Schumacher driving the Starship Enterprise
3. Easy to use touch screen
4. Was a pleasure to drive in bumper to bumper
5. Accelerator responds in a jiffy, sports mode was great on empty stretches
6. Seat hugs you
7. Engine is noisy but can barely hear it from inside

Cons:
1. Scraped the bottom at least 4 times despite being very slow on some potholes/bumps
2. Still looks very ordinary on the outside to me
3. Sound output is good, but far from what I'd like
4. At the end of the drive, my shoulders hurt. Maybe it was the way I gripped the wheel, but that was surprising.
5. The armrest has to be pulled in front if you want to rest your left arm, but its not comfy enough.
6. Don't feel its worth 20 lakhs (the Passat should've been price at 20)

I'm seriously thinking I should wait a while or consider something like the Captiva!
Looks like Jetta is not an option to go for. However did you also check the Trendline version?
Old 27th February 2010, 17:32   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

How about Fortuner??
Old 27th February 2010, 18:23   #59
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Cruze-jetta-Civic in that order
Reason: Just because you travel with full family as you said in the car, i will suggest strongly that you take all people in the CIVIC and go through some speed bumps of which there are aplently in bangalore. Each time your heart will skip a beat to see if it touches or not- till you get used to it.
Thats a big issue and is well known- poor ground clearance. A friend who owns this is willing to sell it as he is really fed up :(- maybe its a case of someone who did not expect it but better you take a TD with 4-5 people in and see for yourself if at all you think about the Honda pack
Old 28th February 2010, 09:00   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Cruze-jetta-Civic in that order
Reason: Just because you travel with full family as you said in the car, i will suggest strongly that you take all people in the CIVIC and go through some speed bumps of which there are aplently in bangalore. Each time your heart will skip a beat to see if it touches or not- till you get used to it.
Thats a big issue and is well known- poor ground clearance. A friend who owns this is willing to sell it as he is really fed up :(- maybe its a case of someone who did not expect it but better you take a TD with 4-5 people in and see for yourself if at all you think about the Honda pack
Won't this problem will be more acute in Jetta, which has even lower GC?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks