Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2005, 13:03   #16
Senior - BHPian

I am not a fan of Fiat,but IMHO, this thread should be re-titled as "Bye-Bye to Fiat's Hyderabad Dealer" or "Bye-Bye Fiat, your dealer ditched me".
Old 10th August 2005, 13:27   #17
BHPian

forget it

Forget the Fiat man.
there are lots of good cars around.

If you want to marry a great Girl, it is imperative that the girl's parents treat you well. Or else find another girl with better parents. Car buying is a marriage.
It is not enough that the girl is great.

Get the drift.?. or is only the great girl is Important?
Old 10th August 2005, 13:37   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
Are you going to buy a car for your own use or a bulk purchase for your company?

Hi, I was looking to buy adventure sports for my own use and also working for the our year long purchases for the corporation.

But..as I said it did not work out, they are just not upto even selling a single vehicle and you get a feeling as if u r purchasing rice @ Rs5/kg from small retailer in a dingy shop.
Old 10th August 2005, 13:51   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasopi
Its back to square one..simple bad mouthing without saying facts? Please provide us with the telephone nos of sales guy you interacted with?

As far as Cochin is concerned..they called me up to say that my Palio service is due..they also queried about how the car handles now..any issues..like that..

Also I had asked for a test drive of Petra in Bangalore for my friend ..the sales guy (Mr Imitiaz) was with the car in another hour. He keeps calling everynow to know whatz my buddies decision..

I am 100% satisfied with FIAT service till now..I had bought my Palio in Dec2001. They were also pretty reasonable in bills also.
Hasopi - Here are the numbers

Vivek Kulkarni - Regional Manager - South Fiat - 9820093796 mail vivek09@vsnl.net

Sharad Khair - Fiat - sharad.khair@fiat.com

Ricky Walton - National Sales Manager - 02225097127

Vivek Kokade - Commercial - Vivek Rokade <vivek_fiat@vsnl.net>

Anaroom Motors - Hyderabad - anuroopauto@satyam.net.in

I hope this information would give you some perspective and also this is an expereince and not second hand information.

Thanks
Old 10th August 2005, 13:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
Forget the Fiat man.

If you want to marry a great Girl, it is imperative that the girl's parents treat you well. Or else find another girl with better parents. Car buying is a marriage.

Well this girl's parents are a rotten lot...
And she has a busload of noisy lovers...
Same is the story of her sister Palio...
Yet only a handful of them are actually interested in marrying these Italian beauties....

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 10th August 2005 at 13:59.
Old 10th August 2005, 14:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
Vivek singh,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you have gone through. Again, Hyderabad dealer does the trick. There are couple of pissed of Fiat owners (buffetfan) already and you are new addition to that list (though not an owner).

Relax and understand that it is more of a dealer goof up and not a whole lot to do with Fiat. Instead, have fun with a Baleno or Marina Enjoy one, whichever you decide and don't rue in mind that you missed on a wonderful beast because of a stupid dealer

If anyone on this forum has good contacts in Fiat, please tell them to take care of this Hyderabad dealer. He seems to be earning lot of bad publicity for Fiat.

Hi, Though I have nothing good to write good abt the dealer, i dealt with Fiat directly and they were worse. I have given the contacts names in fiat in my previous post.
Old 10th August 2005, 14:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

@vivek.singh, I am surprised to see name of Vivek Rokade there. I had interacted with him when I bought the car and he did provide lot of useful information to me. All I can say is tough luck, Fiat

Someone get Mr. Paolo Castagna to read this thread.
Old 10th August 2005, 14:44   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135
@vivek.singh, I am surprised to see name of Vivek Rokade there. I had interacted with him when I bought the car and he did provide lot of useful information to me. All I can say is tough luck, Fiat

Someone get Mr. Paolo Castagna to read this thread.

Hi - I must say that Vivek Rokade was most helpful/courteous of the lot but I presume he had to deal with Sharad to make it happen..hence he also went into slumber
Old 10th August 2005, 14:49   #24
BHPian

Actually there is no better car (except palio) available till the advent of Corsa Sail,Getz and Swift. Even Swift suffers with rear space problem. Purely Palio only has good rear space and boot space. We should thank Palio a real car (B+ segment) to India. Well, they screwed up A.S.S, that another story.'

Fiat gave a sports car with 100 BHP 16 value DOHC engine in 2000/2001, that too for a price of hatch back. Competitors doesn't have answer for this. Hyundai gave Accent after 2 years that too at higher cost.

Fiat gave a car with 32 bit computer which was matched by Maruthi after 5 years in the name of swift, also by Hyundai in the name of Santro eLRX.

Still the sturdiness or solid build yet to be seen in any other car in B/B+ segment. But Corsa Sail really come close to Palio.

Dear friends,
FIAT dealers may be really pathetic, but the not FIAT car. If FIAT hasn't launched Palio, there will some old Zens, Esteems and old Santros.
If Palio has been a real success we would have got Getz long time back with 1.5 engine and also diesel model. And maruthi would have worked hard to give better car. And we would have got real good car to buy.
Old 10th August 2005, 14:55   #25
BHPian

Reply from Fiat through a Friend @FiatClubIndia Yahoo group

1. FIAT MD Paulo Castanga is out to Italy and will be
cabk on Aug16th. They are waiting for him to come and
workout best deal for you.

2. Currently due to floods FIAT Mumbai office network
connection is down and they are unable to send you
reply through mail.

3. It seems Phone lines are just connected yesterday;

To which I asked the person in this cae atleast they
should have called you and conveyed the message,
right.

Anyway you should get call or mail from them. Or else
what you decided shoulds better :(-
Old 10th August 2005, 15:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkothan
Well, they screwed up A.S.S, that another story.'
@prkothan and ALL, we all know the virtues of Fiat cars. In fact the first choice of most of the TBHP members -and that includes me also- who were doing research for buying a car was Fiat. But most of us went for other -less capable perhaps- cars.

The story is well told by Natarajan sir by comparing it with a marriage.

The questions are:
-What are the suggestions for improving the A.S.S of the said company?
-What are the options Fiat now have for performing a turnaround?

Please post solutions for these instead of posting tech comparisons. no flame intended.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 10th August 2005 at 15:18.
Old 10th August 2005, 15:34   #27
BHPian

Well, there was an healthy discussion went on PUG (PalioUsersGroup@yahoo) on this topic and various idea floated there. One of our PUGian (Rishi Kapoor) met FIAT MD Paulo Castanga in person and gave a presentation on how to trun around the Fiat-India's sagging sales.

Hope this answers your questions.
Old 10th August 2005, 15:57   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73
1. FIAT MD Paulo Castanga is out to Italy and will be
cabk on Aug16th. They are waiting for him to come and
workout best deal for you.

2. Currently due to floods FIAT Mumbai office network
connection is down and they are unable to send you
reply through mail.

3. It seems Phone lines are just connected yesterday;

To which I asked the person in this cae atleast they
should have called you and conveyed the message,
right.

Anyway you should get call or mail from them. Or else
what you decided shoulds better :(-
Vivek this is actually true, Fiat's Kurla plant suffered the most during recent flooding, there entire ground floor was under water and some vehicles were also destroyed.

There mail server is still not working and hence delay in communication. i would suggest that you go by your heart and give Fiat a chance, wait for a week and then decide.
Old 10th August 2005, 16:14   #29
BANNED

Its nice to have you ON BOARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor
Vivek this is actually true, Fiat's Kurla plant suffered the most during recent flooding, there entire ground floor was under water and some vehicles were also destroyed.

There mail server is still not working and hence delay in communication. i would suggest that you go by your heart and give Fiat a chance, wait for a week and then decide.

It is really cool to have a guy like you here...You can be interface between FIAT & their customers..& prevent bad mouthing.

Hats off
Old 10th August 2005, 16:24   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
Forget the Fiat man.

But to get good treatment from girl's parent, the guy also should be good & guys parents also be good So how does that translate here?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks