Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2005, 16:51   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prkothan
Well, there was an healthy discussion went on PUG (PalioUsersGroup@yahoo) on this topic and various idea floated there. One of our PUGian (Rishi Kapoor) met FIAT MD Paulo Castanga in person and gave a presentation on how to trun around the Fiat-India's sagging sales.

Hope this answers your questions.

Hi Rishi,

were you finally able to meet Mr. Castanga, I know it was being planned for some time but did it happen?

Vivek
Old 10th August 2005, 16:55   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasopi
But to get good treatment from girl's parent, the guy also should be good & guys parents also be good So how does that translate here?
Even I can't understand why people are comparing good Cars with good girls and Car companies as its parent, If that is the case, how about 5-5 people getting over your good looking ....... Cars.. would you allow that .. I think you will ... but its not true for the other way round, right?

have fun
Old 10th August 2005, 18:32   #33
BHPian

palio s10

to top all these,
I am seriously negotiating to buy a S10 Palio GTX at 3.5 Lakhs.
Man, BHP-people will really think I am nuts.

Palio is like my first Girl friend. Longing to get more of her though I am married to Fusie..
Old 10th August 2005, 19:02   #34
Team-BHP Support

fiat

vivek.singh.73:
you made a good decision not to go in for Fiat. the car is good but theres no point if there is no service for it.

palio owners:
you're happy with your cars - good for you. doesn't mean everybody would want to own one if theres a huge headache with the service and parts availability.
i've lusted for the palio and recently, the petra but fiat has always been a let-down in terms of test-drives, and general availability. there is no sense of solid-ness in a visit to a fiat dealership. everything works with a "kabhi to kaam ho jayega, aur nahi hua to koi baat nahin" attitude.
if maruti (eg.) gives a hassle free service for a similar car, i would definitely go in for the maruti.

that has been my experience with fiat and i wouldn't buy a fiat till drastic improvements have been made and a good dealership and service network has been established. you may have had a different (better or worse) experience.

ad

Last edited by aah78 : 10th August 2005 at 19:03. Reason: modifying content
Old 10th August 2005, 19:39   #35
BHPian

oh Is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78
vivek.singh.73:
you made a good decision not to go in for Fiat. the car is good but theres no point if there is no service for it.

ad
This is also my personal experience with TVS in Chennai, till I owned the Palio.

Excellent service, had no problems with the dealer and the vehicle gave no issues.

so that evens out.

The issue here is
1.0 How good is the Car(Fiat, I mean)?
2.0 Comapare it with the options available.
3.0 Find out if the ASS is really Bad in your city.

i would suggest visiting the PalioUsersINdia group and talking to individual owners in your City.
4.0 Compare it with the ASs of the other options.
Then make a Call.

My personal experience is.

The Palio's/Adventurers are Class ahead of its peers.

Take a owner's word for it.

Good luck on the choice you make

BTW, Aah78, Do you own a Fiat Car?
I am just curious.

Last edited by v_s_natarajan : 10th August 2005 at 19:41. Reason: spelling
Old 10th August 2005, 22:04   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_s_natarajan
If you want to marry a great Girl, it is imperative that the girl's parents treat you well. Or else find another girl with better parents. Car buying is a marriage.
It is not enough that the girl is great.
Well, this is like arranged marriage, where you run down a list of things and decide with your head. If you were madly in love with the car/girl, all this parents stuff would'nt matter.
Old 10th August 2005, 22:11   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
I too dropped Fiat for similar reasons, look at how my thought process during my decision time:
You did'nt even test drive the Petra? You decided on the Baleno without driving any other car. Can you confidently say that Baleno is superior to Petra?
Old 10th August 2005, 22:46   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
You did'nt even test drive the Petra? You decided on the Baleno without driving any other car. Can you confidently say that Baleno is superior to Petra?
Did you even read what I wrote? I don't feel like repeating myself, if you are curious read the second half of the second link.
Old 10th August 2005, 23:16   #39
BHPian

When we know that the local dealers play a big role in our car buying decisions, why do we fight the Baleno vs Petra battle?

M
Old 10th August 2005, 23:28   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi
When we know that the local dealers play a big role in our car buying decisions, why do we fight the Baleno vs Petra battle?

M

Hi there is no battle of any sort, very pragmatic view of the situation. You need to appreciate the fact of the case afterall sharing of experience is educating the fellow BHPians. This is not abt dealer at all...its abt Fiat India Corporation.

BTW did you even read the whole post..just curious?
Old 11th August 2005, 00:00   #41
BHPian

vivek singh,

I read the whole post. I was not refering to this thread. I was referring to the Petra vs. Baleno thread which ran into >10 pages.

M
Old 11th August 2005, 00:02   #42
Senior - BHPian

Right! No Petra Vs Baleno battle here. If anyone wants to do that, lets debate it in Petra vs. Baleno thread :-)
Old 11th August 2005, 08:09   #43
Senior - BHPian

This whole post is so bloody hilarious. One gent has decided not to go for a Fiat and you have members falling over each other to either change his mind or castigate him for daring to consider other cars.

Anyone reading this thread would think that Fiat pays Team BHP for this sort of promotion. We even have excuses made on behalf of the company their plant was flooded out, production was severly affected (though how severe can it be for a company that hardly sells a couple of hundred cars a month?) blah blah blah

And since when did we have to go out of our way and call up or mail the entire organization chart of a manufacturer to BUY car???????????
Old 11th August 2005, 09:09   #44
BANNED

Becos its well engineered one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
This whole post is so bloody hilarious. One gent has decided not to go for a Fiat and you have members falling over each other to either change his mind or castigate him for daring to consider other cars.

Anyone reading this thread would think that Fiat pays Team BHP for this sort of promotion. We even have excuses made on behalf of the company their plant was flooded out, production was severly affected (though how severe can it be for a company that hardly sells a couple of hundred cars a month?) blah blah blah

And since when did we have to go out of our way and call up or mail the entire organization chart of a manufacturer to BUY car???????????

Passion about a well engineered car..built to last..built to save you..built to perform .. we (FIAT guys here ) give that prime importance..

We did not become FIAT fans just because we own one ..its because why we bought a FIAT. We did not fall into cheap advertisements..we had different priorities.. as mentioned above..so it was only FIAT meeting that criteria..

We all know that ASS of FIAT is not so flamboyant as others..but did serve the purpose of ASS to me atleast.

Of late its become a pastime to criticize FIAT ( guys who dont FIAT also make their hard effort)....

Now FIAT has nothing to loose ..only to win..we all are pretty sure about that.
Old 11th August 2005, 10:01   #45
Senior - BHPian

Well said Steeroid...

I posted a couple of questions yesterday inviting suggestions to get Fiat out of this muddle (NOT out of India, mind you). Not surprisingly, there were none so far.

So Hello Fiat fans, here is a wild idea: Fiat fans should form co-op societies in those cities where their population is sizable, and the dealer is a jackass. The society should then approach this gentleman named Paulo Castanga and convince him for securing a Fiat dealership/ASS center for the society.

No pun intended. The advantages are obvious and too numerous to describe here.

Vivek singhji, you can lodge a complaint to the police showing that so many guys are threatening you online , though I don't think you can file a civil suite showing that this company is not selling its product to you. As far as I know, a vendor can refuse a sale to a customer provided there are viable reasons.

Some pun is intended here. Don't know the folks will hang me till I die...

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 11th August 2005 at 10:04.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks