Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2009, 18:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

autocop - how do the following matter to you?
1) handling
2) image
3) maintenence costs
4) look & feel.
5) Ownership experience
I think , in the end , the difference between the two boils down to the above factors
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

If the choice was between the linea and the manza , definitely the linea without missing a beat. Wouldn't have even bothered to create this thread.
But thats just me.
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:33   #18
BHPian

FYI.. As you mentioned you need good GC.. Linea Diesel scrapes almost every breakers. Linea Petrol has slightly better GC
Old 3rd December 2009, 19:53   #19
BHPian

Greenhorn, I have rated the factors on a scale of 1-5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
autocop - how do the following matter to you?
1) handling - 2 (I am a sedate driver)
2) image - 3 (not that concious. I can adapt.)
3) maintenence costs - 4 (Expecting a low maintenance and reliable vehicle)
4) look & feel. - 4
5) Ownership experience - 5 (Has to be satisfying troublefree longterm ownership)
I think , in the end , the difference between the two boils down to the above factors
Old 4th December 2009, 19:22   #20
BHPian

Based on your requirements and image / handling requirements ; the Manza fits to a 'T'.

Go for it!
Old 8th December 2009, 17:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Since the car would be chauffeur driven most of the time, you do not need a car that is fun to drive but you need a car that has more rear seat comfort. I would opt for the Manza here because the Linea has less head room at the back even for an average sized person. Also, the ground clearance of the Linea is not good. I took one for a test drive in Bangalore and its under body scrapped most speed breakers.
Old 8th December 2009, 18:24   #22
BHPian

autocop - a very clear requirement from you.

You have had 2 indicas and were happy about the workhorse nature of it. Its a VFM car. As you have pointed out there are few other cars for you take the other part of auto interests, this will again be a workhorse in the next category.

Look & feel: Linea does triumph on this, but Manza is not looking bad. I would have preferred a wider tyres / wheels on it, but you can always go for these changes

Maintenance: since the car is going to be used by many people and is going to be used fully, attracting wear and tear; there will be maintenance slightly beyond the regular ones. Manza is much easier to maintain than Linea.

Comfort: Since its going to be chauffer driven, Manza is a sofa on wheels. The best back seat comfort you can get for that price and may be a category above as well.

Handling: For an active driver, Linea. but your priorities are low in this since it will be predominantly chauffer driven and sedate driving. With your style of driving and usage, Manza can fit the bill here.

Image: Its an upgrade from Indica to Manza, certainly there is an uplift but Linea would be in a totally new category. Again according to you this is not going to be a show stopper.

Ownership: Manza will fit the bill with lower costs and service support. You have experienced 2 generations of Indica and Manza will certainly be better than that.

my2cents: If my requirement was for the one and only car in the family with 100% self driving and not a workhorse for the family; I would have jumped in for Linea. Since this is going to be ANOTHER car in the family and predominantly a WORKHORSE in the family, I think I will buy a Manza.
Old 8th December 2009, 22:36   #23
BHPian

Sorry for the delayed response but I have been very tied up at work. Thank you for the great responses and the more I think about it, the Manza might work better for us - Atleast on paper. Having said that, if I was looking at a drivers car, I probably would have gone with the Linea Emotion Pack.

So the Manza Aura ABS it is. Ordering for a January delivery in Ice Blue (Any pictures of this color?). The money saved over the Aura+ will be used to uprate tyres and get a set of alloy wheels.

Now the only thing stopping me from this would be another vfm launch at Auto Expo but from my research - there seems to be none (Except for a Diesel Aveo which seems to be a facelift.) If I am incorrect, please let me know of other options.

Have a look at the Excel sheet that I created and please feel free to weigh in your opinion.

The inevitable question: Linea or Manza or another entry level diesel sedan-ml1.jpg
The inevitable question: Linea or Manza or another entry level diesel sedan-ml2.jpg
The inevitable question: Linea or Manza or another entry level diesel sedan-ml3.jpg
The inevitable question: Linea or Manza or another entry level diesel sedan-ml4.jpg

Manza Vs Linea.xls
Old 9th December 2009, 00:05   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

@Vcash - Your excel sheet reminds me of AutoBild 's comparison tests where they choose the winner by points. I somehow dont like this kind of comparison of cars.

No offences meant to anyone.
Old 9th December 2009, 08:25   #25
Senior - BHPian

@vcash - Manza is a no-brainer for you. go for it.
@Autocop - highly recommend you take a Manza TD and then come back with your feedback. Manza has the same engine and almost similar trim levels (except ACC) so the question is do you feel 1L premium for Linea is justified (looks, handling etc)
Old 9th December 2009, 09:53   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
@Vcash - Your excel sheet reminds me of AutoBild 's comparison tests where they choose the winner by points. I somehow dont like this kind of comparison of cars.

No offences meant to anyone.
None taken. I was not trying to quantify by giving points here but rather comparing both car's on their features and specification.

Now we already know that the Manza would trounce the Linea on the VFM and features section - What I wanted to see was, how much am I missing with the Linea and are the things missing important to me, as a consumer.

And that's where I arrived at my conclusion: The Linea makes sense if I am the only one driving it but the Manza is better in the back seat department.
Old 9th December 2009, 10:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Logan ??

Have you considered the Logan? The Diesel top end variant will comfortably fit in your budget. The back seat is quite good, comfort wise and space wise, it has a decent sized boot and returns above average mileage in city and highway. It's GC takes care of tree trunk sized speed breakers too. If you haven't put down a booking amount for the Manza yet, do take a look at Logan too. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Just my $0.02..

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 9th December 2009, 10:57   #28
Senior - BHPian

Your requirements are clearly satisfied by Manza, had a small test-drive last weekend and I was quite impressed by the engine, overall space and ergonomics. Only glitches I found were non-availability of front arm rest and 0% snob value.
Old 9th December 2009, 11:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

:Vcash", just go through the recent thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...delivered.html regarding the Manza. May be some of the points matches your points also.
Old 9th December 2009, 14:17   #30
BHPian

Manza? or Linea? or Logan?

I took a test drive of Manza (QJD) today. The overall TD experience was above average. Definately far better than the Dzire experience but couldn't beat the Linea experience.

Power: (+)
Manza seems to have a bit more power and pick-up than Linea though both share same engine. This might be because of the difference in weight of the vehicles. But that's my assessment. I never felt I was driving a diesel. It was a mainly highway TD and the pick-up/turbo impressed me a lot. I could reach a speed of 90-100 very quickly.

Build Quality (Internal & External) and Stability: (-)
This vehicle is quite light compared to Linea and I didn't get that safe feeling while driving it at 90-100. While cruising I was looking for the dead pedal. The sales guy said no sir Manza doesn't have that. Although music system provided has lot of features somehow the sound quality was very poor. I tested the BLUE5 feature, it took a while to pair my mobile, but afterthat while doing TD got a call from a friend and the voice clarity was superb. I think this is a lovely feature.

Space and Comfort(+):
The space (horizontal and vertical) on rear seat is unmatchable. All the TDs I have done a particulat strech of highway and I took all TD vehicles thru a particular speed breaker at a decent speed. The better half and daughter were sitting on rear seat and they definately felt the jerk and noticed that we just wust went past that hump. Same experience was felt with Verna, Dzire TD. With Linea TD they didn't notice that we went past the hump, after we went past a good 100 meters they were asking if the hump went or yet to come. When it comes to SPACE Manza scores, but Linea would score in Comfort with respect to shock absorbtion.

After Manza TD this is what I can say, I liked Manza but I liked Linea more.

What I liked in Linea? Looks and style, driving comfort, build and stability, Blue&Me, Alloys, ACC, Rear AC Vents, Dead pedal.

What's preventing me from going for Linea?

Ground Clearence: Linea did touch the ground on one of the larger humps. Will this start happening even with smaller humps after few years? Is there any protection given from bottom to avoid damage to the machine?

Paint Falling off and Body Rusting: I saw a thread of a white Linea owner with his body rusted all over. I hope this is not a trend. But then this is a very very big scare which could spoil the entire ownership experience and would affect sales and in turn resale value of this product. Is this happening with all Linea owners? I would appreciate if existing Linea owners could come forward on this. Is Fiat doing something about it? Should I wait till Jan/Feb next year for them to do a permanenet fix?

Other Niggling Issues: I saw a few threads where replacements have been done under warranty for some of the issues, seats have been replaced under warranty, clutch cylinder replaced, chrome stripes replaced, seat height adjust lever broken etc. These niggling issues are holding me back a bit. Again appreciate if you could advise on these.

I want to consider Logan before I take a final decision. Since my daily running is 50KMs I am looking at a CNG Logan under warranty. I spoke with the Logan sales guy in Thane and he told that company is not offering CNG under warranty on 1.4 Petrol. It was available only on 1.6 Petrol and that has been discontinued. I am not sure about the accuracy of this 1.4 CNG info. Has anyone tried a CNG on Logan 1.4 Petrol?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks