Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2009, 20:19   #16
BHPian

Iamlegend, congrats on your first date with Cedia.

You feel cedia is less planted than civic because, in civic you sit a bit lower compared to Cedia. Another reason could be the tyre that was on the TD vehicle. Usually the stock ones are not that great in cedia. If you want to have some spirited driving change the shoes stick with Cedia, you will not regret it.

You are right, Cedia has minimal interiors, not futuristic like Civic. IMO its car like than a cockpit like. But still I lilke some of the Civic interiors like the center console. But I dont like the dials part of it.

Take Cedia for a highway drive, you will lovvve it.
Old 7th December 2009, 18:26   #17
BHPian

It really has become tough to chose between the three, so i will give some pointers-

1>The interiors of the civic are too good, but the torque at the bottom end, as well as the low GC stories of the civic are frightful.

2>The cedia handles better on rough roads and is surely an enthusiast's car, but looks especially interiors and to some extent exteriors leave a lot to be desired. Checked out mitsus service in kolkata, seems to be OK

3>The ANHC appears to be the most well rounded package, considering its price,but the engine appears to become strained at the red-line...IMO

As you can see, it has become a tough call
Help me out guys
Old 7th December 2009, 18:54   #18
BHPian

Since you are considering Civic, my suggestion, you should leave ANHC out. Both cedia and civic are much more capable than ANHC.

On a lighter note, buy the cedia against civic and save some money. Use the extra cash to mod the interior to your taste. I am sure your will save atleast 2 lakhs and can spend even one lakh on the interior of cedia. Just thinking loud.
Old 7th December 2009, 19:01   #19
BHPian

I do not know why hve you sidelined Altis out of all the cars mentioned. Going by your usage and tendency to keep the cars for longer period of time, Altis is most apt.
I hve been using Civic for a couple of years. While it's good to drive, has fantastic interiors (miles ahead of cedia), GC and low FE are definetly an issue. In this regard, you get Altis with better GC & FE, better interiors compared to Cedia, excellent ownership experiece with Toyota and a big peace of mind which may be missing with Cedia due to it's miniscule *** network. Add to that, lower cost of ownership than Civic (its better value than the pricey Civic) and you get a better overall package. What say!
Old 7th December 2009, 19:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamlegend View Post

1>The interiors of the civic are too good, but the torque at the bottom end, as well as the low GC stories of the civic are frightful.

2>The cedia handles better on rough roads and is surely an enthusiast's car, but looks especially interiors and to some extent exteriors leave a lot to be desired. Checked out mitsus service in kolkata, seems to be OK

3>The ANHC appears to be the most well rounded package, considering its price,but the engine appears to become strained at the red-line...IMO
I have not driven Cedia, hence no comments

if you have money go for Civic, that is a great car, else go for ANHC which is the most well rounded sedan in that price bracket.

if you are too much worried about GC, then go for SUV. While driving any SEDAN on Indian roads, you are bound to find issues some where, some time.

regarding the steering wheel of ANHC is similar to Civic only in terms of look,
i have read some where in this forum that the Civic has HPS were as ANHC has EPS, I do nto now whether this is true with the recently face lifed civic.

regarding your other question on fuel efficiency, i am consistantly getting 13.xx to 14.xx in the city drives (this is actual tankful to tankful). the milage indicator shows 14.xx to 15.xx.

on Highways, the max i got is 19.xx (on the indicator) and 17.xx using the tankful method. This was on Bangalore-Kemmanugundi-Shimoga stretch with sedate driving at 70-80 KMPH on 4th gear with 4 people plus 4 suit cases on board.
Old 7th December 2009, 19:38   #21
BHPian

There is too much of a price difference between Cedia and Civic ~ 20%.

As you rightly said, Cedia is an enthusiast's car. I test drove both and cannot honestly say that Civic is more 'planted'. I did like the Civic too but loved the Cedia. We have a Ring road in Hyd which has 8 lanes and is deserted most of the time and I did a 150kmph with elan...You don't even feel the speed till 120-130 kmph.
I did put a Civic vs. Cedia somewhere on this forum.

Its a tough choice for you.
If you consider normal driving conditions and throw in typical turns and overtaking, Cedia feels more responsive. Cedia is better in metro traffic. If you have a chauffer, you might not want the Cedia.

Cedia does not compare to Civic in the looks department. Civic is much more luxurious and roomy than Cedia. It justifies the price difference.

You can also wait for the new Lancer due to be launched in mar/april next year. That looks awesome and is 152 BHP. Legendary Evo X pedigree.
Also HM is Birla which is registered in Kolkata: Hindustan Motors Limited - Flagship Company of C.K. Birla Group
You should not have too many issues with A.S.S in Kolkatta. - just discovered that the software does not allow "A.S.S" without the dots :-)

Last edited by kcnetid : 7th December 2009 at 19:40.
Old 10th December 2009, 19:23   #22
BHPian

Sorry Guys

Sorry guys for disappearing of the face of team-bhp for some days...been TD ing endlessly to make up my mind........if you get my drift.

First things first ,i will reply to all those who have so hapily spared their time to advice me.....

@car&me-yes,the cedia is a dream mahine,and truly a wondeful driver's car BUT kolkata is one heck of an ancient city.I dont know if interior modification can be done here.......

@Rickyc-The reason for the altis ot being amongst the contenders is because we want a black sedan..somehoy toyota showrooms are not giving me any assurance on delivery date of black altis....Also the altis with all respect neither does have striking looks(eg-ANHC),nor is a pleasure to drive(eg-Cedia), nor has the Interiors(a la Civic).It is not a bad car,it is remarkably good but not great in any aspect....

@starvegabond- should i look at the innova???

@kcnetid-you are absolutely correct,the cedia is much more the enthusiast s car...however could not understand the link

So there you have it Bhpians....the tds have made more questions than answers-

do i go for the cedia and mod it left,right and centre

do i go for the civic, which has become much too common in kolkataand hope that all roads in our country become civic like????

or,do i go for anhc,and hope that it pays off in the long run....

or,do i go for the innova/scorpio/captiva????
Old 10th December 2009, 20:21   #23
BHPian

Iamlegend, you have added few more options, scorpio/captiva.

Are you revising your requirements as well?
Also give us your need on the following parameters on a 5 point scale, 1 being the least priority and 5 being the top most priority
1. Driving Pleasure
2. Interior Look and feel
3. Exterior looks
4. SUV needs
Old 10th December 2009, 20:47   #24
BHPian

hey man why dont you test drive the optra magnum diesel
if u decide on the magnum you still have money left for a hot hatch that way you have 2 new cars one for the highway another for the narrow streets of your city
Old 10th December 2009, 21:06   #25
BHPian

thank you car&me-
1.Driving Pleasure-4.0/5.0

2. Interior Look and feel-4.2/5.0(that's what i will see most of the time)

3. Exterior looks-3.8/5.0

4.SUV needs-2.0/5.0

and i add

5.A.S.S-5.0/5.0(we have suffered enough with the premier/fiat)

6.safety-5.0/5.0(no compromise)

7.handling-4.5/5.0

8-mileage-3.5/5.0

9-Resale Value-1.5/5.0( dont care two hoots about it)

10-Reliability-5.0/5.0
Old 10th December 2009, 21:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

Well, I was in the same situation 2 months before I decided to pick a Civic..Test drove Altis, Civic, Cruze..

Altis - reminds me of my SX4 in terms of looks, feel, seating and build.. and can't withstand the fake wood on console, and worst, even on the steering wheels.. what was Toyota thinking? And you are right, it does not do anything better than other cars that I test drove.. and it was OK OK to me, but being in late 20's, I find it more of an uncle's car.. no offence to anyone...

Cruze - one hell of a car, loved the acceleration of the 150 horses, very good NVH inspite of having a diesel plant and love the gizmos.. BUT, interior design was bit claustrophobic, could have had better interiors.. when I was trying to use the seat heigh adjuster, the knob fell off.. it was so thin!.. leg room on the rear is a mistake in that car..anyway, my running was merely 400-500 kms a month and it was 1.2 lacs more expensive than the Civic S.. so, didn't make sense to go for it!

Civic - I test drove it when it was launched, and it was love in first sight! but couldn't afford that time, so got the SX4 instead.. but now, after the divorce (with SX4), finally married to this first love.. and you know what, finally, I knew what I was missing all these time .. lol

I went for it for - more driving pleasure, looks, awesome interiors and ergonomic designs (place to keep your mobile, coins, CDs, sun glass).. and not to forgot, immense potential for mods... and the ladies, they just beg for more and more time in the car !

Last edited by iTNerd : 10th December 2009 at 21:50.
Old 10th December 2009, 22:10   #27
Team-BHP Support

In the first post you have mentioned that the new car has to be a sedan, but in the last post you are looking at other options - innova/scorpio/captiva. I think you should stick to civic because from your posts you seem to be more inclined towards it. Only problem can be the ground clearance, but I do not think that will be a major problem if you drive carefully. If you are looking for SUV/MUV, Innova should fit the bill perfectly. Only problem is it looks ugly. But once inside you can travel business class without worrying about the looks :-)
Old 10th December 2009, 22:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@starvegabond- should i look at the innova???
Toyota Innova is my favorite when i am on a business travel together with 3 or more people and also when the travel distances are long. A well maintained Innova is a delight to travel in.

my daughter wanted me to buy Innova, but i did not because following reasons

1. we are a small family, so such a big vehicle is of no use in next at least 5-7 years, at best, my parents would join, still sedan is okay.

2. I have no plans of keeping a driver because of my very frequent business travel and my preference to drive myself. Innova would need a driver to navigate through busy city traffic

3. I had a mental block of 10L Rupees for the car, As of now i do not think spending more money (>10L) on a car is required considering my lifestyle needs and outlook. Loaded Innova would cost i think around 11L.

4. There are so many innovas on bangalore street, so there was no differentation between a BPO transport innova Vs a self owned innova.

But innova offers great value if you plan have a driver and/or a large family (5+ people) and/or you need a vehicle for business plus pleasure use.

Ofcourse, i will not bore you with Toyota quality, reliability, performance, service etc. They are given.

If you like it and if you can afford it, just buy it.
it will delight you.

Last edited by StarVegabond : 10th December 2009 at 22:12.
Old 11th December 2009, 00:45   #29
BHPian

Quote:
thank you car&me-
1.Driving Pleasure-4.0/5.0 2. Interior Look and feel-4.2/5.0(that's what i will see most of the time 3. Exterior looks-3.8/5.0 4.SUV needs-2.0/5.0
and i add
5.A.S.S-5.0/5.0(we have suffered enough with the premier/fiat) 6.safety-5.0/5.0(no compromise) 7.handling-4.5/5.0 8-mileage-3.5/5.0 9-Resale Value-1.5/5.0( dont care two hoots about it) 10-Reliability-5.0/5.0
Dude, it narrows down to Cedia vs. Civic or wait for new Lancer. Civic has more luxury of course.
2nd line of options - Cruze, Optra.
I recently saw an ad for VW-Passat as a driver's car but havn't driven it. SX4 is touted a driver's car too but havn't driven that either.

Also my link points to HM site which says that they have a major office in Kolkata and hopefully that means spares/A.S.S will not be a problem.

Last edited by kcnetid : 11th December 2009 at 00:50.
Old 12th December 2009, 01:22   #30
BHPian

Quote:
thank you car&me-
1.Driving Pleasure-4.0/5.0

2. Interior Look and feel-4.2/5.0(that's what i will see most of the time)

3. Exterior looks-3.8/5.0

4.SUV needs-2.0/5.0

and i add

5.A.S.S-5.0/5.0(we have suffered enough with the premier/fiat)

6.safety-5.0/5.0(no compromise)

7.handling-4.5/5.0

8-mileage-3.5/5.0

9-Resale Value-1.5/5.0( dont care two hoots about it)

10-Reliability-5.0/5.0
When you think of a car in longterm, the things which are more important are comfort, A.S.S and Reliability.

So city, civic comes in first priority.

Considering the in gear acceleration figures (which you will require in day today life) of the both cars, city is coming close to the civic.

Main problem for the city is weak stock tyres. It can be rectified by a broad set of tyres .

City has a better FE and also better resale value.

GC for Civic is always an issue but its better for the city, thanks to its shorter wheelbase.

Finally you can save 3-4 lakhs if you are going for the city.

On the other hand thinking of an SUV/MPV only Innova comes up to your criteria

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks