Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2009, 11:47   #31
BHPian

Guys,

The innova is out of the scene,after a chat with my parents.....
It would be a waste of seating space and would be difficult to drive in B2B traffic

So ,now it is
Civic Vs Cedia vs ANHC

Let the battle begin
Old 13th December 2009, 13:03   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamlegend View Post
Guys,

So ,now it is
Civic Vs Cedia vs ANHC

Let the battle begin
Hi

Are you interested in the battle among the cars OR interested in buying a car ?

Most of the specs, price, user feedback is available in the forum which you can study.

you have to make up your mind.
Old 13th December 2009, 22:12   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcnetid View Post
Dude, it narrows down to Cedia vs. Civic or wait for new Lancer. Civic has more luxury of course.
2nd line of options - Cruze, Optra.
Any idea when the new Lancer is due?
Old 14th December 2009, 00:26   #34
BHPian

I am legend, if you want to draw parallels, you can draw it between Civic and Cedia. I dont want to irk any City lovers, I felt its more appropriate that way.

Between Civic and Cedia, you will find Cedia providing you a balance betweeen the city rides and a wonderful highway drive as well. Civic will be a bit tougher in city but a good highway rider (the road should be good as well - nobody can deny that).

Ofcourse on top of that you have the brand value, resale value, attitude, maintenance expenses, Service center availability, Exterior and Interior looks, GC so and so forth. (I am scared :-(, lot of people take offense if I point out, so I will leave it to you to consider those points)
Old 14th December 2009, 02:42   #35
BHPian

[SIZE=+1]W[/SIZE]HERE the mind is without fear and the head is held high Where knowledge is free Where the world has not been broken up into fragments By narrow domestic walls Where words come out from the depth of truth Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit Where the mind is led forward by thee Into ever-widening thought and action -Rabindranath Tagore
@car & me- We can all have a healthy discussion without fear ,cant we????

That is the reason ,i came to t-bhp.

That is the reason,i do not want to consult the self styled auto experts.

That is the reason, i seek advice from all my fellow BHP-ians.

And since you people take some time off from your busy lives to advice a pal,

That is why i love you all

-Iamlegend a.k.a. Subhasis..........

Waiting for your precious advice...

Ciao
Old 14th December 2009, 09:04   #36
BHPian

My call will be Cedia.

Exterior - Most people would love Civic on this. Personally speaking, I used to like the looks of Civic when there were few numbers on the road, now it has become too many and thats giving me no special looks.
Cedia being less on the road, I have always felt and loved the exclusivety. People have even asked if it is imported. (They are not the car-literate people and they are the people who probably knows Hondas and Toyotas and skodas)

Interiors - Civic is good, better than Cedia. The passengers and back seat folks can feast on all the goodness of the interior. My sole aim would be to concentrate on road and enjoy driving. That way Cedia interiors did not bother me. It was minimalistic and was just what a driver needed. I do like the Laura interiors, not so much of alienship effect, nice car like interiors.

But looks (exteriors and interiors) are personal and it will differ with every individual. I know that in your rating earlier, you wanted the interior looks to be ranking high and if you like Civic interiors then you would enjoy it.

Resale value - Its a no brainer, Civic ofcourse. But please keep in mind that you are shelling out extra money. A nominal interest gain on the extra amount over the years before you sell it off, does it compensate the resale gain that people are talking about?

Dealer Attitude - My personal experiences with Honda is certainly not good stories to tell. You don't have to believe me, the team-bhp Test drive article also reflects this sentiment ."Surprisingly, Honda does not rank highly on the after-sales service aspect in India. Except for some bright sparks, our ownership reviews indicate that most Honda dealerships are arrogant and not customer centric". The article has well put what I wanted to say with regards to the service. I have always experienced that 'I am Honda' attitude.
In Cedia service, I have never felt that. They treat the customers like king. The only sore point would be service center availability. all of the big cities would have it. But not like a Honda network, certainly not like Maruti, Hyundai or Chevvy.

Maintenance Expenses - For cedia, It has never cost me more than Rs 1800 for scheduled regular service. I have done 30k so far. Its 10k service interval for Cedia. For civic I dont know if it will cost more or less. My gut feeling is should be slightly higher, may be higher labor costs for Honda. I will leave the civic owners to confirm it. I think there is a seperate thread thats running to discuss the Civic maintenance costs.

GC - Cedia of course. I take cedia on any road (not off road). Not just sleek city roads or NH. Speed breakers are not the deal breakers for me. There are many other kinds of challenges on Indian roads and Cedia has never let me down. Civic was resting even on a portico ramp (entry from road into the compound). Civic scrapped the under belly when I was trying to back it up into our guest house ramp that leads to the portico. I was awed by it. Numerous times I have taken cedia through it; Verna, swift and even the NHC passes through it, but Civic just rested on it.

These were the reasons for me to suggest Cedia. I would be glad if you felt the info as good inputs to your decision making, irrespective what decision you take.

Last edited by Car&me : 14th December 2009 at 09:14.
Old 14th December 2009, 16:14   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

It would be a waste of seating space and would be difficult to drive in B2B traffic

So ,now it is
Civic Vs Cedia vs ANHC

Let the battle begin
Bringing Innova at the first place was weird because from your requirement, you wanted a driver's car and Innova is the opposite..anyway, Civic Vs Cedia vs ANHC .. so, as you listed Civic, I assume you have the budget for it..

My View:
1) If you have the budget, go for Civic.. you have everything that Cedia/ANHC has (except for the sat nav in Cedia), or is capable of, plus, a roomier and best in class interiors that defy to age, drives faster and handles better.. should I even mention the looks, low cost of ownership, resale etc..

2) Cedia, very underrated car - a great buy. You can save 2.5-3 lacs and use that savings to fuel it for 5 yrs. .. but buy this car, only if you don't intent to sell it soon.. check the A.S.S in your city before zeroing in..

3) ANHC - if all you want is a no-nonsense all rounder, family car, then ANHC is a good option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car&me View Post
Ofcourse on top of that you have the brand value, resale value, attitude, maintenance expenses, Service center availability, Exterior and Interior looks, GC so and so forth. (I am scared :-(, lot of people take offense if I point out, so I will leave it to you to consider those points)
Cedia will lose out on all the factors you mentioned above, except probably on the GC (btw, the the suspension on the new Civic is stiffened to some extent, so should not be an issue..one can even upsize the tyres to gain 6mm-10mm extra, if required)

Quote:

Exterior - Most people would love Civic on this. Personally speaking, I used to like the looks of Civic when there were few numbers on the road, now it has become too many and thats giving me no special looks.
Cedia being less on the road, I have always felt and loved the exclusivety. People have even asked if it is imported. (They are not the car-literate people and they are the people who probably knows Hondas and Toyotas and skodas)
See, for me, I value my liking/feeling much much more than what other strangers feel about the car... this is like you will not marry the person (say, from a different caste/religion/region) you love, because of what society will say!

Quote:
Dealer Attitude - My personal experiences with Honda is certainly not good stories to tell. You don't have to believe me, the team-bhp Test drive article also reflects this sentiment ."Surprisingly, Honda does not rank highly on the after-sales service aspect in India. Except for some bright sparks, our ownership reviews indicate that most Honda dealerships are arrogant and not customer centric". The article has well put what I wanted to say with regards to the service. I have always experienced that 'I am Honda' attitude.
In Cedia service, I have never felt that. They treat the customers like king. The only sore point would be service center availability. all of the big cities would have it. But not like a Honda network, certainly not like Maruti, Hyundai or Chevvy.
Well, that is a personal experience! Dealer attitude does not reflect the attitude of the brand anyway.. I had a bad experience with Rohan Motors when I was trying to purchase a SX4 3 years ago...but had a very good experience with Rana Motors... When the time came to upgrade, I requested for a TD of Cedia Sport, the customer service was almost non-existent.. finally after calling 3 times, got a response, but left a sour taste when the dealer refused to send the car at my Noida residence..others galazy toyota (showroom in South Ext), Courtsey Honda (okhla) came all the way to my apartment in Noida for the TD..
Old 14th December 2009, 16:35   #38
BHPian

Hey legend,

Go for the civic. Again the no of civics on the road proves a lot.Mind You, the nos are ever increasing !

In one of the recent threads, ANHC was compared to dalda and deccan airtickets, i am scared what Civic will be compared to
Old 14th December 2009, 16:47   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Cedia will lose out on all the factors you mentioned above, except probably on the GC
Its more of a fitment for Iamlegend, what he thinks best for him, he will buy. If thats for you, I would have certainly thought, if not suggested, a Honda. More than a car for you, you would always want a Honda

Quote:
See, for me, I value my liking/feeling much much more than what other strangers feel about the car... this is like you will not marry the person (say, from a different caste/religion/region) you love, because of what society will say!

Oh boy, what a wierd thinking, grow up dude.. I talked about buying a car what I like, irrespective of 50% market share. I talked about buying a car what one likes irrespective of what everyone else buys or talks about. you are telling me that i dont marry some one, because the society will say sometihng? and when did you become an expert in arranging marriages?

Quote:
Well, that is a personal experience! Dealer attitude does not reflect the attitude of the brand anyway.. I had a bad experience with Rohan Motors when I was trying to purchase a SX4 3 years ago...but had a very good experience with Rana Motors... When the time came to upgrade, I requested for a TD of Cedia Sport, the customer service was almost non-existent.. finally after calling 3 times, got a response, but left a sour taste when the dealer refused to send the car at my Noida residence..others galazy toyota (showroom in South Ext), Courtsey Honda (okhla) came all the way to my apartment in Noida for the TD..
The example was about my experience like your experience with cedia TD. In the same post I also quoted for wise people like you to go and take a look at the Service section of Civic (in TD), which would throw light on your thought. You can tell me that my experience was one off thing, but please explain the reason for whats written in the TD section of this website about Honda Servicing and many other websites and automags as well.

Oh boy, phew.. what a herd.

Last edited by Car&me : 14th December 2009 at 16:48.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:04   #40
Senior - BHPian

Well I would suggest stay away from Cedia. There is a reason why a car doesnt sell... And no matter how great the USPs are for Cedia, I would stay with no support from Mistus and shoddy plans for them in India, its better to stay away than to blow your parents hard earned money.

Cedia is a pleasure to drive and the story ends there. Terrible resale, dated interiors, one generation old already, A.S.S., lack of dealerships, rear seat has negligible thigh support (thus giving the impression that rear is roomier), less powerful, etc.

Honda demands a premium, and there is a reason for it. And what you invest now can be recovered later when you sell the car. Its going to be your parents car as well, make a decision thats both from heart as well as practical. Cedia would be purely a heart purchase or if you dont have enough money to buy Civic but dont want a City purchase.

ANHC is better left out.. interiors are a sad place to be in. Its a poor mans civic so if you can afford the real deal, why consider the younger, less equipped sibling?
Old 14th December 2009, 17:18   #41
BHPian

Resale value comparison

It is a basic comparison of a 4 year old, 40k run, good condition cedia and civic.
A. Cost - 13 Lakhs for Civic, 11 lakhs for Cedia
B. Resale Value - 750000 for Civic, 540000 for Cedia (based on Carwale)
C. Amount lost - 550000 for Civic, 560000 for cedia
D. 8% int on excess amount paid for civic - Rs 64000
Net Amount lost - 614000 for Civic and 560000 for cedia

On one of the old threads ROC (a tbhp member) has put in a detailed maintenance cost for cedia upto 100k.

My expenses for every scheduled maintenance is not more than Rs 1800. There has been no unscheduled maintenance so far.

Last edited by Car&me : 14th December 2009 at 17:38.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:22   #42
BHPian

car&me,

get your post together, its all jumbled up man !

nobody can understand. redo your post so that the discussion can continue.
Old 14th December 2009, 17:31   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
car&me,

get your post together, its all jumbled up man !

nobody can understand. redo your post so that the discussion can continue.
Done sir, you know I drive a primitive auto and my technology skills are also primitive.
Old 14th December 2009, 18:45   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

So ,now it is
Civic Vs Cedia vs ANHC

Let the battle begin
No Intention to confuse you. Why have you not considered the altis.
Old 14th December 2009, 19:33   #45
BHPian

As i have already said earlier:-

The reason for the altis not being amongst the contenders is because we want a black sedan..somehoy toyota showrooms are not giving me any assurance on delivery date of black altis....Also the altis with all due respect neither does have striking looks(eg-ANHC),nor is a pleasure to drive(eg-Cedia), nor has the Interiors(a la Civic).It is not a bad car,it is remarkably good but not great in any aspect....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks