Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 20:29   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Also the altis with all due respect neither does have striking looks(
eg-ANHC),
Looks can be deceiving sometimes! Dont go by the looks , i would say on a general note. I bought ANHC not for the looks, because i liked HONDA's reliability ! Toyotas are anyway not very well known for the looks, they are known for the engineering and the reliability as HONDA. A poll out here would make Altis a clear winner for looks compared to cedia! 100% sure i am .

Quote:
nor is a pleasure to drive(eg-Cedia),
have you tried the altis? so many people driving altis more than cedia are stupid? is it ?
Quote:
It is not a bad car,it is remarkably good but not great in any aspect
i see more altis on road than the Cedia ! for your information

Last edited by nandans2005 : 14th December 2009 at 20:34.
Old 14th December 2009, 21:15   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamlegend View Post
.Also the altis with all due respect neither does have striking looks(eg-ANHC),
Subjective, Cannot Dispute it.

Quote:
nor is a pleasure to drive(eg-Cedia)
Cedia is definitely gives the best pleasure to drive in its class. I believe this is not yr only contention while buying a car, else you would have gone for it by now.

vis-a-vis ANHC the suspension , pickup as well GC is way better than the ANHC. Even the interiors of Altis are more elegant and classy as compared to ANHC.

Quote:
, nor has the Interiors(a la Civic).
Agreed. Again this is not yr only selection criteria.

IMO Altis is good all round package. Try for the Black Color.
Old 14th December 2009, 22:48   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
eg-ANHC),
have you tried the altis? so many people driving altis more than cedia are stupid? is it ? i see more altis on road than the Cedia ! for your information
Some people are obsessed with numbers. By the same logic Oct 2009 saw more Altis sales than Civic. Does that mean people buying Civic or stupid? Its just that more people liked and found Altis a better fit for them and there were a few finding Civic as a better fit. No one is stupid here as long as they can reason out why they bought it. .
They also dont realise that feelings are the most personal to anyone. Things like driving pleasure, liking etc cannot be asked why or how can you like it. Its best left to the individual.

Iamlegend, I know that black color is a primary choice for you. Altis is not a bad car at all, in fact IMO it would be the most sensible buy between Cedia, Civic and Altis. If you like it and Toyota promised black, then go for it. Altis does the job what you expect it to perform. It may not excite you as it is, but you can tame it and it will become the one you want it to become. And more importantly it will never fail you for years to come.

I have given my inputs on cedia and civic. You have enough confusion already . Take your time, analyse all and whatever best fits you would be the best car for you. If you need any help in specific areas, please pour in your questions. Very best in your decision making.

Last edited by Car&me : 14th December 2009 at 22:53.
Old 15th December 2009, 19:58   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Some people are obsessed with numbers. By the same logic Oct 2009 saw more Altis sales than Civic. Does that mean people buying Civic or stupid?
Numbers!, well Boy! Numbers are everything in life and everywhere. Numbers speak and not anything else.

Oct 2009 ? well i am talking about from the day the respective cars being released to this day ? not only Oct 2009.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 15th December 2009 at 19:59.
Old 15th December 2009, 20:35   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Numbers!, well Boy! Numbers are everything in life and everywhere. Numbers speak and not anything else.

Oct 2009 ? well i am talking about from the day the respective cars being released to this day ? not only Oct 2009.
What can I say? I am repeating my song again for you.
There are a few people who will not go with the numbers. And thats how other manufactures are selling car in India and growing.
Its very difficult to make some people understand that people (a few atleast) have their individual preferences and numbers will not influence that.

If that had been the universal formula, people would not have gone beyond alto, whatever be the value or comfort or image any other car offers.

Last edited by Car&me : 15th December 2009 at 20:36.
Old 16th December 2009, 01:33   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

@nandans: Everybody here knows that Altis is more focussed on comfort, it clearly is not as great drive as Cedia or Civic. I have driven all these cars properly.
Old 16th December 2009, 13:16   #52
Senior - BHPian

Cedia - You Drive, no chauffering.
Civic - You drive + chauffering.
Altis - Chauferring.

Decision depends on what you are looking for.
All 3 are great cars and no point in trying to evaluate as to which one is better than or worse than other. Each has its pros and cons, for sure.
Old 16th December 2009, 17:13   #53
BHPian

Quote:
All 3 are great cars and no point in trying to evaluate as to which one is better than or worse than other. Each has its pros and cons, for sure
i fully agree with you. There is nothing called as a perfect car. Well the choice has to be made depending on what one prefers the most.

Quote:
If that had been the universal formula, people would not have gone beyond alto, whatever be the value or comfort or image any other car offers
no, not again man! definitely not a alto vis-a-vis Altis/civic/ cedia

Last edited by GTO : 17th December 2009 at 18:44. Reason: Merge has been requested by user
Old 17th December 2009, 09:50   #54
BHPian

Guys,

Will be going for the final TD today..
The cars involved-

Cedia

Civic

Anhc

& Altis

Convinced my parents to look at the altis again...........Hopefully we will emerge with a clear winnner....

Let's See
Old 17th December 2009, 18:53   #55
BHPian

A hero will rise!!!!

So finally decided upon a car...after all these months of deliberation........

Thank you to everyone ,who has cared to write me a suggestion....especially StarVegaBond,Car&Me,Nandans2005,Kcnetid,Itnerd.... .....for their invaluable advice and their immaculately written ownership threads.....

Thank you to everyone who has written even one line of suggestion.I really appreciate it!!!

Thank you,team-bhp.....

BTW,Can you guys guess what car it is???
Old 17th December 2009, 19:01   #56
Senior - BHPian

Heart says - Cedia.
Brain says - Altis.
Old 17th December 2009, 19:49   #57
Senior - BHPian

Guessing the car by me would be unfair to your efforts, research, test drives and decision.

i would prefer to wait till you announce.

congratulations in advance on your decision and the new car.
i am sure it would be in line with your requirements and budget.
Old 17th December 2009, 22:06   #58
BHPian

It is the ANHC .............

How this came about i will narrate in parts...........;;;;

First stop in the morning,Topsel Toyota for the TD of the Altis.Saw the Car,liked it,
good interiors, Reliable,Solid Build Quality...in short the perfect car in every department.... ( and again the response to black was" Sir,we will let you know in a week if it is available")...
but really there was nothing in the car to set the pulse racing....if u know what i mean.

To Be Continued
Old 17th December 2009, 22:37   #59

Whilst pondering at such length did the Laura Petrol ever figure in the scheme of things? Beast of an engine, German Build Quality and the grouse: Suspect A.S.S. and FE that might not feel like a compromise after the thrilling ride. Agree it isn't a completely convincing story. But different things work for different people.
Old 17th December 2009, 23:22   #60
BHPian

@ IAM LEGEND - Not to offend you / or criticise your choice in any way.

But if finances permit you, then ANHC is not probably the right choice.
ANHC has nothing except the engine (I love the looks but looks are always subjective) to substantiate the strature of Honda. I can tell you this coz i own a ANHC - SMT. An year down the lane, Iam being engulfed with a feeling that I have been short-changed, but somehow embarassed to say it loud. How i wish now that i could have put in a couple of more lakhs for a better sedan !!!!

Civic / Altis is the way to go if you can afford it. I made the same mistake a year back and i can see another following my path. ANHC is just a poor man's Civic / Altis and there can be no comparision of the ANHC with either of them.

If you move a scale down and compare ANHC with say Fiesta / SX4 / Linea, then the tables might turn but if your choice is a higher segment car, then i would recommend that you reassess your choice.

Incase you still go ahead with the ANHC,
WELCOME TO THE CLUB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks