Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2010, 14:21   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
another option is to buy a laura 1.9 dsg and then remap it after a couple 1000 kms. it can be remapped upto 180bhp but that will cost a few lacs.
Won't that void the warranty? And a Laura without warranty is a pure risk and not advisable.
Old 7th March 2010, 14:37   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Won't that void the warranty? And a Laura without warranty is a pure risk and not advisable.
well with only a remap and an airfilter the power should go up to around 145bhp. but of course to get it to 180bhp i think the turbo is also swapped. now the after sales probably wont be able to make out the remap and they wont be able to void the warranty for only an intake, so i guess going upto 145bhp is safe.
Old 7th March 2010, 17:26   #33
BHPian

[Source ACI]
------------ Civic M/T City M/T
0-20 ------- 1.15 ---- 1.13
0-40 ------- 1.83 ---- 2.68
0-60 ------- 3.39 ---- 4.58
0-80 ------- 6.78 ---- 7.09
0-100 ------ 8.04 ---- 10.28
0-120 ------ 13.81 --- 14.67
0-140 ------ 18.58 --- 20.29
20-80 ------ 12.23 --- 12.86
(in 3rd gear)
40-100 ----- 16.37 --- 16.71
(in 4th gear)

BHP/ton ---- 109.1 --- 107.3

ANHC is a great car and competes well with the Civic, but in stock form, its not faster than Civic; no way. A/T versions would be a second slower IMO.

Regarding auto trannys in ANHC vs. Civic, ANHC having paddles in D-mode can just be a software tune-up and need not be anything mechanically advanced (but differently tuned to match their engines). Transmission control software in ANHC is probably a version or two newer. Now Civic-facelift has a newer version and gets paddles in D-mode as well, but I do not think its mechanically any different from pre-facelift Civic. But there may be minor variations though (which I'm not aware).

@rana, ofcourse, who will not miss the Type-R. Though R18A's i-VTEC is FE oriented, it still satisies an enthusiat pretty much and thats the best part of it.

I haven't TDed Laura TSI, so I dont know, but VW's DSG is far superior to all other conventional trannies. I think it needs a little more time to prove itself in terms of reliability. Maybe new Jetta will have 1.8 TSI + DSG, which will be a safer bet than Laura 1.8 + DSG (if launched).

Last edited by mkc15 : 7th March 2010 at 17:39.
Old 7th March 2010, 17:46   #34
Team-BHP Support

did you get those figures of the website? the figures on their website are a load of rubbish.

the 0-100 of the civic is 9.6 seconds for the manual and 11.3 for the at.
the city manual is 10.4 0-100.
Old 7th March 2010, 19:17   #35
BHPian

Yes, I took them from their website and I didn't read these numbers myself. Sorry folks. The numbers you quoted are right. Here are the figures from Aug-2006 ACI issue :-)

Civic AT / MT:
0-20 : 1.33/1.15
0-40 : 3.19/2.62
0-60 : 5.09/4.49
0-80 : 7.95/6.78
0-100 : 11.33/9.59
0-120 : 15.96/13.81
0-150 : 25.45/21.69

The numbers on their website, seem to be for 140ps tuned Civic (Malaysian I think). Actually the link mentions it. (Honda Civic Petrol Review)
Old 7th March 2010, 20:09   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post

The numbers on their website, seem to be for 140ps tuned Civic (Malaysian I think). Actually the link mentions it. (Honda Civic Petrol Review)
haha and i was wondering how the civic was faster than my accord.
Old 8th March 2010, 14:12   #37
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Skoda's so obviously giving the Laura 1.8 TSI step-motherly treatment. It's not even available in a fully loaded variant. That said, the base variant is exceedingly well priced.

Yet, no takers for the car. The Laura 1.8 TSI is targetted toward enthusiasts, and enthusiasts prefer a manual box. I don't foresee a DSG variant in the near future.

A used Accord V6 (the kind that Akshay1234 picked up recently) is your best bet.
Old 8th March 2010, 20:41   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Skoda's so obviously giving the Laura 1.8 TSI step-motherly treatment. It's not even available in a fully loaded variant. That said, the base variant is exceedingly well priced.

Yet, no takers for the car. The Laura 1.8 TSI is targetted toward enthusiasts, and enthusiasts prefer a manual box. I don't foresee a DSG variant in the near future.

A used Accord V6 (the kind that Akshay1234 picked up recently) is your best bet.
Hi GTO, according to you, what could be the reason for this step-motherly treatment from the VW group. I was also hoping that either the Laura, or maybe even the VW Jetta will come up with the 1.8 TSI engine (or the awesome 1.4 TSI) mated with the DSG box, but as you mentioned the way they choose to totally ignore the Petrol versions (only the base trim provided in India), and even the so called higher spec-ed diesel units have the obselete TDI PD engines. Do you think that they're treating India as a dumping ground - When new tech comes to the developed markets, transfer the old mechanicals to emerging grounds like India?

That said, the Skoda Superb is really in par with the international offerings. By the way, do you think Superb will be a kind of mis-fit to drive around Indian roads - especially around the narrow roads of Kerala?
Old 9th March 2010, 11:45   #39
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Hi GTO, according to you, what could be the reason for this step-motherly treatment from the VW group.
- Petrol European cars hardly sell anyways (with few exceptions).

- As Ajmat posted, avoiding overlap with the Superb 1.8 TSI
Old 11th March 2010, 16:36   #40
BANNED

was gone to london for a couple of days so couldn't post. it seems a lot of action has taken place on the thread since i was gone.

I appreciate everyone putting in there bit to help me find a car.

Axe, i would love to consider the Superb 1.8 tsi but it simply is just too big to drive around and park around. I'm looking for something slightly compact than that.

Laura 2.0 L&k is overpriced in a very idiotic way. Only fools will buy it. It should be 1 to 2 lakhs cheaper. what say ?? Anyways they will replace the lauras with the common rails very soon.

I will never buy a used skoda. Period. I've spent enough time reading about the joyful ownership experiences of skoda owners on team-bhp thread. It'll be pretty stupid and downright idiotic of me to buy a used skoda after reading all these beautiful stories. ;-)

I might consider a 3.0 V6 accord but i'm not too keen on it.

mkc15, Jetta + 1.8 Tsi + Automatic DSG ( + Paddle Shifters )..!!! Wow, that's what i'm talking about bro..!! Sweet Dreams are made of these..!! Any news on when the New Updated Jetta in being lauched worldwide and when is this mouth watering combination is coming to India ??

Gto, i read your civic thread today and it got me wondering if buying a used Civic A/T was a good option. What say ?? Also i would be keen to know what kind of Performance Mods i could do on a A/T Civic.? If there is a thread by someone on Mods for a Civic A/T, then kindly guide me there as i couldn't find it.

Thanks to all Contributers. ;-)

Last edited by rana_kirti : 11th March 2010 at 16:38.
Old 25th October 2010, 13:53   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

This thread hasn't been updated in a while, but if the thread starter is still looking, the Laura 2.0 TDi DSG now has an AT Ambiente trim version which brings the price down considerably (from the earlier L&K trim). OTR in Pune is 17.18 lacs, and they will offer decent discounts as well. The engine delivers 140 BHP @ 320 Nm of torque, so am pretty sure it can be termed an "enthusiast's car".
Old 26th October 2010, 11:51   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
This thread hasn't been updated in a while, but if the thread starter is still looking, the Laura 2.0 TDi DSG now has an AT Ambiente trim version which brings the price down considerably (from the earlier L&K trim). OTR in Pune is 17.18 lacs, and they will offer decent discounts as well. The engine delivers 140 BHP @ 320 Nm of torque, so am pretty sure it can be termed an "enthusiast's car".
Is this right?? I was just on the Skoda website an hour ago, and did not look at Ambiente trim because all along the DSG and 140BHP was L&K only! If that is the case, then it beats having to get an L&K, and probably is a better option engine-wise than the Jetta Comfortline I am looking at.
Though I cant stand the beige/ivory interiors, at least there is a black leather option on the comfortline.
Old 26th October 2010, 11:58   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
Is this right?? I was just on the Skoda website an hour ago, and did not look at Ambiente trim because all along the DSG and 140BHP was L&K only! If that is the case, then it beats having to get an L&K, and probably is a better option engine-wise than the Jetta Comfortline I am looking at.
Though I cant stand the beige/ivory interiors, at least there is a black leather option on the comfortline.
Skoda has automatic and manual in all trim versions (diesel). The manual cars are the Jetta spec 110bhp and the DSGs are 140bhp. The only reason to buy an L&K is for the equipment offered.
Old 26th October 2010, 12:00   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
DSG option is available in all trims of Laura Diesel CR now. While the Ambiente and Elegance have the option of both MT and AT, the L&K comes only AT.

All variants equipped with DSG AT come with 140bhp tune and all MT versions get the 110bhp state of tune. The TSi is only available in Ambiente trim with no DSG option. Hope this clarifies.
Old 26th October 2010, 12:56   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
DSG option is available in all trims of Laura Diesel CR now. While the Ambiente and Elegance have the option of both MT and AT, the L&K comes only AT.

All variants equipped with DSG AT come with 140bhp tune and all MT versions get the 110bhp state of tune. The TSi is only available in Ambiente trim with no DSG option. Hope this clarifies.
Thanks for the clarification. I did open the drop downs on the Skoda site for the AT variants and this is accurate: the AT versions get the 140 BHP version. Hot! Makes me re-think my Jetta inclination even more.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks