Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2010, 14:57   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Visual appeal is highly personal, and opinions differ.

I feel ANHC's grill is of an old man smiling after a visit to the dentist and having a grill put on his teeth.

Wifey says the bonnet looks like a rolled out chappati dough.

No offence to any owners here.

This is a nice debate, and it will make sense sticking to technicalities.
I feel one cannot go by just technicalities to buy a Car, Looks of the car is a big factor. If ANHC looks were so bad it would not be selling around 4500+ Cars per month and fiesta around 1000+ cars that too paying premium of 2L above fiesta.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:07   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
I feel one cannot go by just technicalities to buy a Car, Looks of the car is a big factor. If ANHC looks were so bad it would not be selling around 4500+ Cars per month and fiesta around 1000+ cars that too paying premium of 2L above fiesta.
The OP wants a drivers car and we are comparing the Fiesta 1.6S with the ANHC. I personally think the 1.6S is a better performance car than the ANHC. I am stating it's my personal opinion because I own one and I would be a bit biased. And BTW, the Fiesta sells close to 2K a month and the ANHC is down to mid 2Ks. The ANHC has two things going for it. Higher FE and better reliability. But the Fiesta does have a reputation of being reliable as well.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:14   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@shamanth, you can't associate the success of a car to the looks in India. Best examples are previous genration Santro and Swift Dzire. Majority seem to dislike the looks of these cars but cars did very well. I feel even WagonR sells more due to it's practicality then due to the looks.

But incidentally, many people I spoke to, did like the styling of ANHC but as we can see in this forum, there are people who dislike it.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:24   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The OP wants a drivers car and we are comparing the Fiesta 1.6S with the ANHC. I personally think the 1.6S is a better performance car than the ANHC. I am stating it's my personal opinion because I own one and I would be a bit biased. And BTW, the Fiesta sells close to 2K a month and the ANHC is down to mid 2Ks. The ANHC has two things going for it. Higher FE and better reliability. But the Fiesta does have a reputation of being reliable as well.
I don't know how you are giving those figures of sales without verifying. As per the correct report posted here in team-bhp

March sales are ANHC - 4338, Fiesta - 1481
Feb Sales are ANHC - 5076, Fiesta - 1728

here is the link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1827151
Old 4th May 2010, 15:30   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't know how you are giving those figures of sales without verifying. As per the correct report posted here in team-bhp

March sales are ANHC - 4338, Fiesta - 1481
Feb Sales are ANHC - 5076, Fiesta - 1728

here is the link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1827151
shamanth, take a look at the April sales thread. I only said it was down to mid 2Ks.

Source: Honda Siel Cars April sales down 2.13 pc-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Quote:
The sales last month comprised 2,787 units of HSCI's flagship City sedan, 188 units of the premium Civic sedan, 194 units of the luxury Accord, 338 units of the Jazz hatchback and 71 units of the CR-V sports utility vehicle.
Honda sales are down 50% from March and 2% from last year. Probably the only manufacturer to report YoY declining sales when the market is booming. Wonder why.

I have to agree with Guna on looks. Uglier and more practical the car, the better it sells in India. I never liked the AHNC's looks when it first came out but it has grown on me now. It looks good especially in lighter colors.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:41   #51
BHPian

Quote:
I feel one cannot go by just technicalities to buy a Car, Looks of the car is a big factor.
If looks are a big factor, why does Maruti Un-Dzire sell so much?

ANHC (nose-ugly) and Dzire (butt-ugly) are perfect examples of Indian Practicality winning in the market place.

Last edited by WindRide : 4th May 2010 at 15:57.
Old 4th May 2010, 15:50   #52
BHPian

That is a very good data indeed. Thanks Shamanth for sharing.
Looking at the statistics, people look for combination of looks+A.S.S+reliability. Performance is a parameter for enthusiasts.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:00   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
ANHC (nose-ugly) and Dzire (butt-ugly) are perfect examples of Indian Practicatlity winning in the market place.
Take a look at the repainted grill on my ANHC. To my eyes they look very sharp and smart.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-anhc-s-5.html

Last edited by Guna : 4th May 2010 at 16:04.
Old 4th May 2010, 16:39   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
* Great performance - Should be fun to drive!
* Should have all the safety features - ABS, Airbags, etc.
* Good looks.
* Mod friendly, as i don't intend to keep my car stock for a very long time.
Fun to Drive? Nothing can beat the 1.6S in the sub 10 Lakh segment. I mean 'Nothing'!
Safety Feature? The 1.6S has got it all (ABS/Airbags/EBD)
Looks? Its a personal taste & I am not a big fan of the ANHC design. The front profile gets boring by the day. I like the muscular SX4 over the 1.6S.
Mod friendly? Speak to Jerish mate, he is a dealer for Pete's in TVM. He did quite a lot of stuff for his brand new car which is a 1.6S.

If you are looking at a performance sedan, you are going to be disappointed driving the SX4 or the ANHC. Loads of stuff on paper & nothing to get you glued when it comes to actual performance. The 1.6S would beat them in the FTD department from every direction!

All the best with your decision!

Last edited by anachronix : 4th May 2010 at 16:42.
Old 4th May 2010, 20:00   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Fun to Drive? Nothing can beat the 1.6S in the sub 10 Lakh segment. I mean 'Nothing'! WHAT ABOUT CEDIA ?
Safety Feature? The 1.6S has got it all (ABS/Airbags/EBD)
Looks? Its a personal taste & I am not a big fan of the ANHC design. The front profile gets boring by the day. I like the muscular SX4 over the 1.6S.
Mod friendly? Speak to Jerish mate, he is a dealer for Pete's in TVM. He did quite a lot of stuff for his brand new car which is a 1.6S.

If you are looking at a performance sedan, you are going to be disappointed driving the SX4 or the ANHC. Loads of stuff on paper & nothing to get you glued when it comes to actual performance. The 1.6S would beat them in the FTD department from every direction!

All the best with your decision!
My reply in BOLD letters.
Old 4th May 2010, 21:50   #56
Senior - BHPian

The only problem with Cedia is it's poor resale. Otherwise it's a pretty VFM driver oriented car!
aparth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2010, 22:21   #57
BHPian

Fiesta 1.6 S is a different breed.Dont even think of comparing with those cars mentioned by you guys already.May be because i liked 1.6 S my car has suspension,ffe,rotor and pads.I had a full blast on high range and i can say throw your car on corners nothing gonna happen it will hold like a leech.I have done 29000 kms.Until now no issues.A.S.S is pretty good in Trivandrum.
Go for 1.6 S you wont regret.
Old 5th May 2010, 21:47   #58
BHPian

I would suggest ANHC over Fiesta.Mainly because ANHC is a bigger car with better interior space and comfort.

The new fiesta may be launced with in a year.It appears to be good in pictures.So there is no point in going for the present model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
If you are looking at a performance sedan, you are going to be disappointed driving the SX4 or the ANHC. Loads of stuff on paper & nothing to get you glued when it comes to actual performance.
ANHC has more power than you can use in a daily basis.You will never be disappointed unless you are taking it to a car rally.I feel the ANHC has better high speed stability and braking than my Swift DDiS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
A.S.S is pretty good in Trivandrum.
Sorry friend,I dont agree.My friends diesel fiesta recently had a service related problem in TVM.They didn't do the routine oil and filter change during the first paid service.The car started to overheat and engine developed "missing".

The problem was diagnosed at a local worshop and was rectified.Please don't do a detailed enquiry about it,because he didn't bother to report it to the Service centre.
Old 5th May 2010, 22:55   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post
The new fiesta may be launced with in a year.It appears to be good in pictures.So there is no point in going for the present model.
I heard that the interior space, especially the rear seat is no better in the new Fiesta. Raising waistline also makes the rear seat claustrophobic. New designs are clearly designed from 'outside in' affecting the all-round visibility.
Old 6th May 2010, 15:06   #60
BHPian

Here is my comparison.. Just for fun..

ANHC is like a married family man

SX4 is bulky body builder

Fiesta is the sporty teenager

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks