Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2010, 08:50   #16
BHPian

Did you recon 11.xL OTR can also fetch you a fully loaded brand new Cedia or Optra Mangum? At the prevailing interest rates for used car you are better off buying some thing new.
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:25   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassanks View Post
Test drove the civic today. Looks like accident free and rides good. Gear shifting was not smooth and little vibration in the steering. Is it an issue with wheel alignment / low tire air pressure?

Interiors was not clean, and need some good cleaning, couple of scratches in the exterior. Otherwise looks fine, no evidence of accident.

He want to sell it since planning to relocate to US. Offered 9.5 lacs and he is yet to come back. It is a Feb 2008 model Civic 1.8 V ran 9000 Kms.
If it is a VMT, then I think you should be able to get it at about 9 to 9.5 lacs. Ask him how much he paid when he bought it. I had an offer for a used Feb 2007 AT civic with 17k mileage for 8.5 lacs some time back. I was trying for 8 lacs and didnt go for it.
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:06   #18
Team-BHP Support

From what I have seen in the Bangalore used car market (websites & dealer visits), Civics are being quoted at -

Rs. 8 - 9 lacs for 2006 model
Rs. 9 - 10 lacs for 2007 model
Rs. 10 - 11 lacs for 2008 model.

The quoted price depends on the mileage on the clock & the version (S,V, AT). So the seller seems to be quoting on the higher end of the range I'm talking about.

I snagged a Aug 2007 1.8V MT for Rs. 9.1 Lacs (originally quoted price was Rs. 9.8 lacs). This is the one I got from an used car dealer - it is still listed on Carazoo.com
Used 2007 Honda Civic 1.8 V Ivtec Car in Bangalore, Buy Used Cars

Meanwhile, the Octavia that you have found is quite interesting. Low mileage Octavias are very rare. Bangalore loves Octavias for some reason and hence it will hold its value better than the Civic. Heck! I have seen 2002 Octavias with 90,000 km plus on the clock with an asking price of Rs. 4 - 5 lacs.
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:19   #19
Senior - BHPian

Looks like due to tax impact used car market is real high in South as the rates are different prevailing in North.

Rs. 6 - 6.75 Lacs for 2006 model
Rs. 6.75 - 7 Lacs for 2007 model
Rs. 7 - 8 Lacs for 2008 model

I am talking about final rate, not the one being asked for.
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:06   #20
BHPian

South:
Chennai - resale of only few vehicles are high, that too popular one.

Bangalore - all cars have high resale, simply there are buyers who are ready to pay a premium for good/bad cars..
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Both cars are very good. The Civic no doubt for its technological advancement and totally sci-fi interiors, and not to mention that it is also great to drive

The Octi interior wise is a tad boring, but none the less is one of the best cars in the Indian market today.

It is a very tempting choice, I may go for the Octi for satisfying the performance side of me, by adding a petes box to it. But, may settle down on a Civic, not that it under performs in any given way.

But, you definitely need to bring down the price. You can probably look for a 2009 Oct is well, for 8-9. I was getting a good Octi 2004 for 4.1L at Classic Motors
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like due to tax impact used car market is real high in South as the rates are different prevailing in North.

Rs. 6 - 6.75 Lacs for 2006 model
Rs. 6.75 - 7 Lacs for 2007 model
Rs. 7 - 8 Lacs for 2008 model

I am talking about final rate, not the one being asked for.
Are you talking about the CIVIC or OCTY? Are CIVICS available for these prices? I will be in the market soon looking for a used CIVIC (DL or HR -either will do). Do I stand a chance to nail a deal for a '07 CIVIC for around 6-6.5?
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:04   #23
BHPian

There was a mint, 13K run single owner '08 Octi L&K Combi Magic Black listed for a while on carwale.com asking 9.75L. I know the Combi is an estate but as an L&K you get a fully loaded car that originally costed 16L OTR, now that's a steal - I was tempted to pick it but for my damn open/unsafe parking!

Just to reiterate what GTO said in his preowned thread, with used, you need plenty of patience and be diligent.
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:19   #24
Senior - BHPian

It's pretty crazy what the used car rates in Bangalore are. Taxation can have such a huge impact on the market. Being from Mumbai, I can only find the quoted rates mildly amusing, I'm sure the people up north are laughing their heads off. Sigh.
Old 4th June 2010, 11:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Are you talking about the CIVIC or OCTY? Are CIVICS available for these prices? I will be in the market soon looking for a used CIVIC (DL or HR -either will do). Do I stand a chance to nail a deal for a '07 CIVIC for around 6-6.5?
Dude, Honda is a premium brand and CIVIC is enjoying the premium at best. As of today you cannot get 07 CIVIC for 6-6.5, except those beautifully make-up wearing accidental one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
It's pretty crazy what the used car rates in Bangalore are. Taxation can have such a huge impact on the market. Being from Mumbai, I can only find the quoted rates mildly amusing, I'm sure the people up north are laughing their heads off. Sigh.
For sure, we are. Try understanding my positing who picked up a 2008 Corolla with 30K on odo for 7 Lakh odd
Old 4th June 2010, 11:51   #26
BHPian

After negotiation the seller is quoting 9.75 lacs, however my quote was 9.5 lacs. I am leaning towards closing the deal at 9.75 lacs, please advice.
Old 4th June 2010, 12:30   #27
Team-BHP Support

If you really like the car, Rs. 25000 won't matter much to you (especially if you intend to keep the car for 5 years) - go for it.

But if you are just about OK with the car (as you mentioned, it has steering vibration, minor scratches and unclean interiors), then wait & see if the seller comes back to you for Rs. 9.5 Lacs.

Steering vibration could be a wheel balancing issue. Is this happening at low speeds or high speeds? I don't think the alloys are bent since it has just 9000 km on the clock. A wheel alignment & wheel balancing for all 4 wheels will fix the issue. You can always get the interiors cleaned - that's not a big issue either. Scratches - is it clearly visible? How bad are they?

Anyway, whether you increase your quote or not depends on how you feel about the car.

Last edited by SmartCat : 4th June 2010 at 12:39.
Old 4th June 2010, 13:05   #28
BHPian

hassanks, since you are going to spend around 9.5 lakhs, why do you want to compromise on a car which has got scratches. There are plently of civics in bangalore & you should get a clean car if you can wait.

Is the warranty transferable too?
Old 4th June 2010, 16:01   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
hassanks, since you are going to spend around 9.5 lakhs, why do you want to compromise on a car which has got scratches. There are plently of civics in bangalore & you should get a clean car if you can wait.

Is the warranty transferable too?
I have finally told 9.65 however he want to wait to see a better offer and if he can't he will get back to me. Doesn't look like the deal will go through as I don't how long he will wait. Anyway I will continue my search. I am not sure about the warranty most likely it should be, however will definitely check before finalizing the deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
If you really like the car, Rs. 25000 won't matter much to you (especially if you intend to keep the car for 5 years) - go for it.

But if you are just about OK with the car (as you mentioned, it has steering vibration, minor scratches and unclean interiors), then wait & see if the seller comes back to you for Rs. 9.5 Lacs.

Steering vibration could be a wheel balancing issue. Is this happening at low speeds or high speeds? I don't think the alloys are bent since it has just 9000 km on the clock. A wheel alignment & wheel balancing for all 4 wheels will fix the issue. You can always get the interiors cleaned - that's not a big issue either. Scratches - is it clearly visible? How bad are they?

Anyway, whether you increase your quote or not depends on how you feel about the car.
I decided to wait after the final offer of 9.65 lacs. The issue with steering is at low speed mostly, I drive a laura 1.8 TSI and comparing that the civic steering and gear shift did not felt that good. I was also thinking most likely an wheel alignment issue.

The car has some scratches on the left side front and back bumper, it is clearly visible most likely happened during parking. There is no dent but scratches, can live with it.

I was interested in this car because it was driven by single person and low mileage all services done regularly etc. However it is now upto the seller to come back.

I was searching for a used car for almost 3 months now and couldn't find any decent ones as I don't seem to have the right contact. I have searched / posted most of the forums including TBHP but the response is not that great.
Old 4th June 2010, 20:09   #30
BHPian

Used Feb 2008 corolla H1 1.8J

Going to look at Used Feb 2008 corolla H1 1.8J, driven 12K Kms only. With leather seats and other necessary accessories. Quoted price is 7.75 lacs. He already has an offer for 7.4 lacs, is it ok if I offer 7.5 or 7.75 if the car is in excellent condition.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks