Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2010, 20:11   #31
Senior - BHPian

7.5 is ok. 7.75 is too much for the difference between you and the other guy.
Old 7th June 2010, 09:22   #32
BHPian

Test drove corolla H1 1.8J on Saturday the owner was fine with 7.5 lacs for the deal however I decided to wait for civic / octavia. The corolla does not come with airbags and is base version lacs the rich feel.

Most likely lost the deal on civic, no response from the owner, checked out most of the used car showrooms last weekend and most of the civics on display carries huge price tag. 2007 models are selling at 10 lacs, 2008 at 11 lacs etc.

Came across an 1.9 TDI 2006 June Octavia Elegance 1.9 TDI completed 71K kms. Looks neatly maintained and asking price is 7.25 lacs. Any suggestions on the price and is it ok to buy Octy ran 71K
Old 7th June 2010, 10:41   #33
Team-BHP Support

Dont get too scared with the high mileage. At least it is honest. Ensure clutch has been changed, if not budget 50k for that. Fromt suspension might need overhaul. Around 10k.

The TDI is a tough engine otherwise.
Old 7th June 2010, 11:17   #34
BHPian

Just got a response from the civic owner, he sold the car at his expected price.

ajmat, is the price for the octy 1.9 TDI 2006 June Octavia Elegance 1.9 TDI completed 71K kms is decent?
Old 7th June 2010, 13:11   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassanks View Post
Just got a response from the civic owner, he sold the car at his expected price.

ajmat, is the price for the octy 1.9 TDI 2006 June Octavia Elegance 1.9 TDI completed 71K kms is decent?
If you don't mind trying an out-station vehicle, you can try in Chennai, you won't see such insane pricing like bangalore...
Old 7th June 2010, 14:05   #36
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore definitely has insane pricing. And it is not because it has high resale valuem but purely because if higer taxes.

For instance, in Gurgaon I was getting a 2007 Honda City 10th Annniv Edition for around 4.5 and 2008 for around 5.25, but here it is for a 2005 -06 car.

A 2008 Civic went for around 9.2 lahks in 2009, when I was there

Incase someone is shifting to Gurgaon, make sure you take it from there, yuo will get great cars at amazing prices
Old 7th June 2010, 15:39   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
If you don't mind trying an out-station vehicle, you can try in Chennai, you won't see such insane pricing like bangalore...
If I buy from chennai how will I change the ownership? Isn't this require me to re-register the vehicle in Bangalore and hence pay tax once again?
Old 7th June 2010, 17:05   #38
BHPian

It is quite useless to buy an outstation vehicle; cause to register in bangalore one needs to pay state taxes and the old tax refund will go to the previous owner. Yes if you have a local address say for eg in chennai and then but it makes sense. Buy there register in your name and use here, otherwise it is always trouble withRTO and police guys.

Search around you can probably get an 2007/08 sonata crdi (6 gears) for about 8 to 9 lakhs which is a brilliant vfm. My friend picked up an 2008 November sonata embera for 8.5 lakhs with 32000 kms on the odo.
Old 7th June 2010, 17:33   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Dont get too scared with the high mileage. At least it is honest. Ensure clutch has been changed, if not budget 50k for that. Front suspension might need overhaul. Around 10k.

The TDI is a tough engine otherwise.
50K for a clutch change on the Octy . Who has paid that outrageous price? For half that amount I can send a technician from Delhi to install the original Octy clutch (please don't take any offence because I am just trying to set some facts right). Also clutch changes are really not required before around 1 lakh km on an Octy if driven normally. Ditto for suspension.

71k kms is not much for any Octy. The one thing that an Octy needs at 70k is a timing belt change - costing around 16k. For a 2006 elegance trim the price seems higher by about 50k (after accounting for Bangalore factor and assuming everything else - tyres, battery, insurance are in order).
Old 7th June 2010, 18:22   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I had seen a Aug 2005 Skoda Rider 1.9 TDi (with leather interiors) & NO alloys with 50,000 km on the clock with an asking price of Rs. 7.3 Lacs (negotiable).

Octavia Elegance is nicely equipped, but do check the service history (atleast check what major components have been changed). More new parts/components, the better! But if nothing has been changed, then there is a possibility of you spending lots of money on maintenance - so keep that in mind.
Old 7th June 2010, 19:11   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am also searching for a low-run Octavia 1.9 TDi for a reasonable price.

In my search in Hyderabad, couple of days ago i came across a Silver color 2006, Octavia Elegance with 63K kms done and asking price was 6.8 Lakhs ( Negotiable).

I checked out above car in person and it was well maintained. Havent driven the car though so wouldnt know technically how good it was.

Last edited by mobike008 : 7th June 2010 at 19:16.
Old 7th June 2010, 20:14   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
I had seen a Aug 2005 Skoda Rider 1.9 TDi (with leather interiors) & NO alloys with 50,000 km on the clock with an asking price of Rs. 7.3 Lacs (negotiable).

Octavia Elegance is nicely equipped, but do check the service history (atleast check what major components have been changed). More new parts/components, the better! But if nothing has been changed, then there is a possibility of you spending lots of money on maintenance - so keep that in mind.
Can I get the details if possible? Is the vehicle well maintained and did you had a look at it?
Old 7th June 2010, 20:24   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am trying to buy a used sedan in Bangalore and came across the following deals and would like to know whether it is worth considering them.

1. Used Honda civic 1.8 V, Nov 2008, ran 9000 Kms - quoted price is 11 lacs.

2. Used octavia 1.9 TDI, Feb 2010, ran 5000 Kms - quoted price is 11 lacs.

2008 Civic for 11L - make a trip to Delhi - buy it for 8 - 8.5 & live happily ever after 11L is ridiculous for a 2008 model. Ya it may have done 20-25k, that to my mind is no big deal.

As for the Skoda Octavia, it is a wonderful car & virtually no visiting the gas station, for LONG LONG intervals. My car gives me 16 kmpl in the city with 100% AC on. Buy an Octavia if you want a tank like build & low fuel bills, but the A.S.S. in your city is for you to figure.

Anyways, your call

Cheers

Happy buying.
Old 7th June 2010, 21:10   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
50K for a clutch change on the Octy . Who has paid that outrageous price? For half that amount I can send a technician from Delhi to install the original Octy clutch (please don't take any offence because I am just trying to set some facts right)..
Let me tell you some facts - this is the upper limit if you need to change the dual mass flywheel to original spec. A plain clutch replacement is approx 16k. A single mass flywheel replacement adds another 10k to this.

BTW - I own a skoda
Old 7th June 2010, 21:34   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Let me tell you some facts - this is the upper limit if you need to change the dual mass flywheel to original spec. A plain clutch replacement is approx 16k. A single mass flywheel replacement adds another 10k to this.

BTW - I own a skoda
I do not know if these are the A.** rates you are quoting (most likely they are). Outside these jobs can very easily be done at half rates WITH the best quality replacements (read German imported original spec parts). Skoda A** is not the best place to go for part changes (or even for routine service for that matter). The charges are always astronomical.

I own a Skoda as well. As does one of my close friend. His car crossed 1L kms last month and he got both the clutch and dual mas flywheel changed for around 28K.

The clutch job alone would have cost 7K - around 6K for part and rest for labor. 16K for a simple clutch change on an Octy is way too much IMO. For that much amount we could have replaced the clutch + single mass flywheel.

Last edited by Cesc : 7th June 2010 at 21:47. Reason: Missed mentioning some details

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks