Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 21:52   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
I do ..........WITH the best quality replacements (read German imported original spec parts). Skoda A** is not the best place to go for part changes (or even for routine service for that matter). The charges are always astronomical.

I own a Skoda as well. As does one of my close friend. His car crossed 1L kms last month and he got both the clutch and dual mas flywheel changed for around 28K.
Hi, can you give me the brand and model no/part no ofthis german make clutch and dual mass flywheel
Old 8th June 2010, 01:11   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassanks View Post
Can I get the details if possible? Is the vehicle well maintained and did you had a look at it?
Sold out, and no idea how much it was eventually sold for.

Anyway, I mentioned this one so that you get an idea what Octavias are selling for in Bangalore.
Old 8th June 2010, 15:32   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Hi, can you give me the brand and model no/part no ofthis german make clutch and dual mass flywheel
I can tell you the brand. I distinctly remember because my friend was buying a load of stuff (he was getting the suspension overhauled too) and while the dealer was getting the stuff together, I was busy googling the brand names to ascertain their authenticity . Can't help you with the part number though as we threw away the box. Just the brand name should be good though along with the car make if you need to purchase it.

The DMF kit was from 'LUK'. As far as I remember my Google results - they are OEMs for Skoda. The kit was around 25k. Plus you will need bearing costing another 1200 bucks. The labor charges should be around 1000 bucks and you should be good to go for around 28k.

Last edited by Cesc : 8th June 2010 at 15:34.
Old 11th June 2010, 16:37   #49
BHPian

Saw an ad in carwale for Used 2008 Tata Safari 4x4 VX DiCOR 2.2 VTT, got a call from seller and most likely going to see it tomorrow morning near Big Bazar Old Madras Road. The price quoted is 8 lacs, will see the vehicle first and then decide based on the service history and a through check from one of the Tata dealers before final decision.

Also going to see couple of Civic from Classic Automobiles (used car showroom).

Nothing else worked out, especially octavia.
Old 15th June 2010, 20:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
.......................The DMF kit was from 'LUK'. As far as I remember my Google results - they are OEMs for Skoda. The kit was around 25k. Plus you will need bearing costing another 1200 bucks. The labor charges should be around 1000 bucks and you should be good to go for around 28k.
Thanks for the help.have to go shopping this weekend. i suppose the 1.8 ambient petrol has dual mass flywheel and it can be inspected by removing the starter.
skoda india has put in a clutch campaign and price quote by them is 46,444 for complete replacement.

Last edited by gigy : 15th June 2010 at 20:30.
Old 15th June 2010, 21:13   #51
BHPian

I was looking for a used civic last year.The price for a 2 year old civic should be between 8 to 9 lakhs and anything above 10 is definitely too much.
Old 16th June 2010, 17:44   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the help.have to go shopping this weekend. i suppose the 1.8 ambient petrol has dual mass flywheel and it can be inspected by removing the starter.
skoda india has put in a clutch campaign and price quote by them is 46,444 for complete replacement.
Their so called 'clutch campaign' has been going on for the last 4 months - at least . Hope you are able to get the job done outside. Will save you almost 20k.
Old 17th June 2010, 09:14   #53
BHPian

Have given advance for a 2006 Dec used civic 1.8S ran 32K kms serviced regularly at Dakshin Honda. The final price agreed was 7.76 lacs.

Car looks good to drive, interiors and exterior looks good as well. Has alloy wheels, ABS, Air bags, 6 CD changer etc. Today I going to take the car for a check at Dakshin honda and everything is fine will close the deal.
Old 17th June 2010, 14:25   #54
Senior - BHPian

congrats. looks like a decent price. Hope to see a new thread on this soon!
Old 20th June 2010, 07:42   #55
Senior - BHPian

Is a ambient 2.0 2004 model worth buying for 1.5l, 70k run? i gave this offer two days back and the owner has called me for a chat.

Last edited by gigy : 20th June 2010 at 07:44.
Old 20th June 2010, 10:42   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is a ambient 2.0 2004 model worth buying for 1.5l, 70k run? i gave this offer two days back and the owner has called me for a chat.
It is a good deal. Engine is competent if unexciting. Same engine goes into the beetle. Budget for timing belt + water pump change. Price is low so use that as a bargaining chip. Parts are available but expect a delay in getting them
Old 21st June 2010, 00:03   #57
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the info. i was not good at bargaining and had to settle for 1.6l.
will plan belt change soon. do we have to replace water pump with it. any link to the cost and make?
Old 21st June 2010, 09:27   #58
BHPian

Bought Honda civic 1.8S Dec 2006 for 7.76 lacs + 15K commission

Finally bought Honda civic 1.8S Dec 2006 model for 7.76 lacs + 15K commission. Bought from "Car House" Koramangala, Bangalore.

Before finalizing the deal took the car to Dakshin Honda Hosur Road for a compete checkup and found an issue with clutch and clutch need to be replaced. Everything else is fine and they have the complete service history of the car and 32K on the odo was genuine. The car is due for service and the estimate including change of clutch plates is around ~20K.

The car came with:

5 Alloy wheels
6 CD changer + rear armrest audio controls
Automatic climate control
3M sunfilm
Xenon lights + Fog lamps

Work to be done:

Seats need to be changed (really dirty now), planning for Stanley.
Good floor mats, planned for carpet mats
Reverse parking sensor (need advice on good one, used redsol in Ikon earlier but not happy with that)
Servicing
Wheel alilgnment

Will post the picture soon.
Old 21st June 2010, 09:30   #59
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the info. i was not good at bargaining and had to settle for 1.6l.
will plan belt change soon. do we have to replace water pump with it. any link to the cost and make?
At that mileage, yes. Best to use original skoda parts. Water pump is around 9k, the belt etc is approx 3 k and labour is 1 k

YOu got a steal frankly - car is underrated
Old 21st June 2010, 09:44   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassanks View Post
Finally bought Honda civic 1.8S Dec 2006 model for 7.76 lacs + 15K commission. Bought from "Car House" Koramangala, Bangalore.
Congrats for buying Civic.
What is the condition of the plastics in the cabin? I had a look at a used Civic and found that they have many painted (silver finish) plastic parts on the door trim/arm rest and on the air vents which tend to loose the paint coat and expose the black plastic underneath. It is a very bad idea to paint the plastic parts which have to be touched/used by the occupants.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks