Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2010, 07:48   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Etios or Fiesta?

Abhi,

Convey our congratulations to you BIL now that he has decided on Fiesta. I would agree with @basilmabraham that Zxi make a VFM deal with ABS+EBD. The EXi would be very basic model, in fact you will get something more in a Ltd edition which is EXi + some extra features. If he is planning for a diesel, then EXi is a good choice but if petrol definitely ZXi or the 1.6 Sports.

Now that the decisionis done on the car lets start the argument for the colour, I hope you & U'r BIL wouldn't mind a few suggestions.

Sea grey>Morello>Chill in that order would be my suggestion.
Old 22nd December 2010, 09:14   #47
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, go for etios... toyota is way ahead of Ford in all aspects and definetely the etios will be a better choice, i own a fiesta but if given a choice today, i will blindly opt for top end variant of etios...
Old 22nd December 2010, 09:50   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Congrats on the decision to go with the Fiesta. The base version EXi OTR in Kerala after 70K discount is 7.32 lakhs. Would this be a big stretch? If so I would say a petrol Zxi with ABS would be a much wiser choice, safety wise. Do keep us updated and all the best.
Agree with Basil. EXI is too basic, and please don't ignore the safety aspect like ABS. With the roads getting better, average commuting speeds going high, safety should be the primary criteria... Just my thought
Old 22nd December 2010, 14:32   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agree with Basil. EXI is too basic, and please don't ignore the safety aspect like ABS. With the roads getting better, average commuting speeds going high, safety should be the primary criteria... Just my thought
What is the difference between the EXi and the erstwhile 'limited edition'? The dealer says its the same but then we know what that means
Does somebody have any idea? None of the dealers seems to have one on display.

Quote:
Congrats on the decision to go with the Fiesta. The base version EXi OTR in Kerala after 70K discount is 7.32 lakhs. Would this be a big stretch? If so I would say a petrol Zxi with ABS would be a much wiser choice, safety wise. Do keep us updated and all the best.
And how much is the base EXi petrol for. I just want to gauge the diff and see if the dealer is giving me what is prevalent or he just want to 'push' the petrol vehicle sales.

Quote:
Sea grey
Looks like the leading colour right now. Although I tend to associate Grey with old, this Grey is black-grey giving it a smashing look.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 22nd December 2010 at 14:34.
Old 22nd December 2010, 15:44   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is the difference between the EXi and the erstwhile 'limited edition'? The dealer says its the same but then we know what that means
Its not the same. Ltd editions had some extra features than the regular EXI variant. Had a document about that, trying to trace it. Will let you know. The dealers might not have it with them coz the season of the Ltd editions is over for 2010. You may expect them again in Jan, Ford is notorious for that.

Ford India has launched yet another limited edition of the [COLOR=#25698d]Ford Fiesta[/COLOR]. The 2010 Limited Edition gets a few add-ons and is priced at Rs. 5.90 lakhs for the 1.6 Duratec and Rs. 6.69 lakhs for the 1.4 Duratorq (all prices ex-showroom, Mumbai). The 1.6 Duratec petrol 2010 Limited Edition is available in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane, New Delhi / NCR region, Kolkatta, Guwahati and Tinsukhia while the 1.4 Duratorq diesel 2010 Limited Edition will be available in the rest-of-India.
New Features In The Fiesta Limited Edition 2010 : -
* MP3 player with 4 speakers
* Driver seat height adjust
* Premium Interiors with soft feel fabric
* Map reading lamp & Rear reading lamp
* Metallic finish Facia & interior trim (door handles / steering wheel cuffs)
* Body colored OSRVM, Door handles, mirror and tailgate

Quote:
And how much is the base EXi petrol for. I just want to gauge the diff and see if the dealer is giving me what is prevalent or he just want to 'push' the petrol vehicle sales
Just visit Ford India website and get the latest price region wise. Should be same with all dealers for that particular city.

Edit: I have attached the extra features thing as above.

Last edited by ghodlur : 22nd December 2010 at 15:48.
Old 22nd December 2010, 15:49   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
After the Limited Edition was stopped few weeks back, Exi is same as Limited Edition now. So now Exi has body colored door handles, colored mirror, colored rear numberplate light and music system.
Old 22nd December 2010, 15:56   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post
After the Limited Edition was stopped few weeks back, Exi is same as Limited Edition now. So now Exi has body colored door handles, colored mirror, colored rear numberplate light and music system.
Are you sure about this. As far as I could understand the EXi still remains the bare bone car.

Sorry for going

If true, then Ford would bring another lower variant of EXi after they discontinue the Ikon next year. This would make space for the new Sedan that would be positioned above the SXi.

So the product line up would be like
  • new EXi (replacement for the Ikon)
  • current Exi (discontinued SVP)
  • Zxi
  • Sxi
  • new sedan entry level version
  • new sedan higher end variants
These are assumptions I could cook up combining all the info we have so far.
Old 22nd December 2010, 15:58   #53
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Are you sure about this. As far as I could understand the EXi still remains the bare bone car.
Yes, Sure!

In Bangy Exi 1.6 costs 7.6Lacs now.
Old 30th December 2010, 18:29   #54
BHPian

I booked an Sxi instead of Zxi today for myself.
Only thing made me switch to Sxi was the Air Bag option. I tried to reason out with me that i can live without Airbags in Zxi but by next second i was like "This is a safety feature for crying out loud, what do u mean by CAN live without it"

I dont know how all you guys will respond to my choice but somewhere in the mess that i have created by blowing more cash i do see the silver lining of having a good measure for myself in protection dept.
Interiors and other fancy cosmetic upgrades def are good but they come as a secondary thing to me.
Old 30th December 2010, 21:11   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacescreamer View Post
I booked an Sxi instead of Zxi today for myself.
Only thing made me switch to Sxi was the Air Bag option. I tried to reason out with me that i can live without Airbags in Zxi but by next second i was like "This is a safety feature for crying out loud, what do u mean by CAN live without it"

I dont know how all you guys will respond to my choice but somewhere in the mess that i have created by blowing more cash i do see the silver lining of having a good measure for myself in protection dept.
Interiors and other fancy cosmetic upgrades def are good but they come as a secondary thing to me.
Well done... you have made your purchase based on the most important aspect one should look in an automobile
Old 30th December 2010, 22:55   #56
Senior - BHPian

Sir, this is a very simple no brainer and glad you made the right decision

FIESTAAAAA

This is one of the best driver cars around today. Especially the 1.6. Not too many cars can come close to what this can do on asphalt

Last edited by thedreamcatcher : 30th December 2010 at 22:56.
Old 30th December 2010, 23:48   #57
Senior - BHPian

The fiesta, again, the right choice. Old, yes but in this price, there is simply no better entry level sedan. It also has better build quality and sturdiness, ride an handling and most important, finesse.
Old 31st December 2010, 10:45   #58
BHPian

Ah that is some relief.
i can feel a lot lighter in my head now.

Though the suave Sxi was a bit too much for me atm, but the air bags simply kept staring me in my face. Cudnt refute the safety argument.
I am of the opinion that the body colored side view mirrors would have been better suited and lent more class to the vehicle. Bit cheesy the chrome on mirrors.
Old 1st January 2011, 18:40   #59
BHPian

Good choice for Sxi. Definitely Safety first. What was the on road price finally? If you had opted for petrol you had the choice of S - with body coloured side mirrors etc.
Old 2nd January 2011, 12:21   #60
BHPian

Final OTR price would be a shade less than 7.75 Lakhs.

S was a bit too mch of a luxury which i wouldnt have wanted. I have a good mind to trade the chrome combination Side view mirrors with somebody willing. but o well, that's gonna be a long drawn out plan and laborious i guess.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks