Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2011, 14:12   #46
BHPian

Re: Fastest car (20-100 kmph) at 8L, 12L, 16L?

@sheel...When i was buying a diesel car in this price segment i already knew that i cannot expect vRS handling (even the acceleration) and thus i had already made that adjustment. Having said that i did expect the car to have straight line stability and acceleration of vRS and this is where cruze performed best among the other cars.

Overall vRS is more involving to drive then a cruze but the gap is only slight. Straight line stability of both is almost equivalent and in corners the hard suspension of vRS does better then the cruze. But we can still call cruze a neutral handler in corners and pretty good on highways and high speed stability. Infact the steering gets heavier as we progress on speed and the car feels planted at all times and even at unspeakable speeds.
For highway driving i always tend to pick cruze over vRS (not because of FE) and this itself speaks volumes about the capability of this car.

@manish...Cruze experience has been absolutely wonderful. Enjoying the ownership experience to the core and it does attract lots of glances ;-) Handling as i said is neutral in corners and it will definitely not disappoint, its just that its not better among the best. Tyre upgrade will do lot of good and i would recommend the upgrade of tyre width without upsizing. My cruze is right now running on stock tyres.

Last edited by ashish22 : 12th January 2011 at 14:21.
Old 18th January 2011, 10:14   #47
BHPian

Manish.. Any updates on the test drives that you have completed? Awaiting updates!
Old 27th January 2011, 14:43   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Manish.. Any updates on the test drives that you have completed? Awaiting updates!
Sathya, apologies for being so late in replying!

I have been on official tour for the last 2 weeks. Got absolutely no time to test-drive the cars. Plan to do that very soon.

Will definitely post updates.
Old 10th February 2011, 15:33   #49
BHPian

Hi Manish, I was in a similar dilemma a month back and finally decided on a Cedia Sports.

The only diesel vehicles I enjoyed were the Tata Sierra and the Mahindra Classic, and the only sedans I will recommend with a diesel mill are the Vento followed by the Laura in their respective brackets. (not a big Chevy fan)

Had it not been for the Cedia test drive (and I have posted in my intial report); I would've spent a little more and opted for the 160bhp Laura TSI. It's also just about the only turbocharged petrol I know of, after the awesome Octavia vRS.

So, if you have not finished making your choice- do give the Cedia Sports a TD. It's a power-packed driver's car this side of 12 lacs; and also be easy on your pocket with the 'revised' price tag.

Last edited by mandheers : 10th February 2011 at 15:37. Reason: sounded overbearingly in love with cedia ;-)
Old 14th February 2011, 00:47   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Hi Manish, I was in a similar dilemma a month back and finally decided on a Cedia Sports.
OT:
OTR with the "revised price"?
Old 14th February 2011, 09:56   #51
BHPian

@ anjal: cost me 11.7 on-road (excluding finance); the 2011 Cedia should be just under 11 lacs on-road now, Mumbai registration.
Old 11th November 2011, 19:02   #52

With the all new Jetta in place, is Cruze still the better choice of the lot available?

From the recent review posts, I read that Jetta is good in the corners as well. Does it make the best performing car in the 16L segment?
Old 11th November 2011, 21:16   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallindinakara View Post
With the all new Jetta in place, is Cruze still the better choice of the lot available?

From the recent review posts, I read that Jetta is good in the corners as well. Does it make the best performing car in the 16L segment?
Well it is missing the brilliant 1.8 TSi engine which has the torque od a diesel and the rev range of a petrol. So I think it is still the Laura, now in its VRs avatar.
Old 12th November 2011, 00:38   #54
BHPian

I find the ANHC and Vento accelerate better than the T-Jet. No question.

However the Linea feels far more planted at speed, takes corners far better, and (this is the most important) is very sure-footed and stops on a dime for the times when you need to shed speed quickly or take evasive action. I would rate it a safer car at speed than either the Honda or the Vento. The Vento comes close. But far enough to notice.

I however agree if you do 2k kms/month, petrol may not be the way to go. On that basis alone I would get the Vento D. Which is also a hoot to drive, so don't get me wrong The EPS is a little vague and Playstation-like, but works fine for the most part.
cranky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2011, 17:51   #55
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Manishk has not given us an update since Jan 11, in the meanwhile the new Jetta DSG 140 bhp, skoda Rapid (vento engines) and New Ford Fiesta have arrived and changed the game partially. in all 3 segments.

And we have recently gone on commenting without considering the time jump as in Hindi Serials.
Old 2nd January 2012, 16:07   #56
BHPian

Just stumbled onto this thread... I was looking at various acceleration figures as well before zero'ing on the Rapid TDI. I'll just post a link to the thread instead of copy/pasting all the data I've collected.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-23-lakhs.html

There's an updated spreadsheet attached on Pg3
Old 31st August 2013, 13:52   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Anshuman, The T-Jet figures are NOT correct. its actually 24.75secs. I will put a scanned copy of the Autocar test which gives the right figures...Check out the in-gear acceleration times b/w the CITY and the T-JET..
I am looking for something like this for the D segment covering hyundai elantra, volkswagon Jetta and Skoda Laura (petrol as well as diesel and automatic and manual transmission versions), A comparative chart for acceleration and in gear acceleration figures

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks