Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2011, 14:04   #196
vcx
BHPian

Re: Looking for a new car - 15 lakh rupees

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Yeah this does look like a very good deal especially if one is planning to hold on to the car for 7+ years (Hence buying a Dec 2011, or Jan 2012 model really does not make any difference). What i especially liked is its got everything (minus the sun roof), and competing models (like Altis) were about 16.5 OTR (so about cool 2L saved). Only worry is low GC (Surprisingly the GC is 170mm, as far as numbers are concerned it does not look too low), but the way i look at it, the other car we considered Altis isn't much higher either.

How have other Civic owners found the low GC to be a issue? any major damages or replacements needed to be done because of this.

Yes low GC has been expressed over by many and been there for a while, what I understand is that the GC issues were very prominent in prior 2010 year models, when Civic launch a refreshed variant with octagonal rear led lights etc the GC issue has been tweaked to an extent ( if not fully addressed).

Civic by the virtue of its length, the 170mm GC too at time scraps the potholes. I have read in the TBHP threads where in many recent users mention that its a matter of getting on how one handles the car ( =in cities like Mumbai, Delhi etc, mention they have no such issues), nevertheless Honda cars even City has GC issues and for that matter even the recent one like Vento, etc scrap the body belly to bumps at times.

So Tag the line is know your car well , its behavior pattern and you have all the smiles.

By the way wht is the daily commute /distance your cover?

Last edited by vcx : 8th December 2011 at 14:07. Reason: typo errors
Old 8th December 2011, 14:14   #197
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Mayank! Awaiting your ownership thread. I still cant forget the smile I had on my face when I test drove the Civic for the first time

Did you get the sun-roof option too?
Old 8th December 2011, 14:24   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
By the way wht is the daily commute /distance your cover?
Good question . Don't know. Why?, as Baleno will do the daily run arounds and maybe we will alternate with Civic. Civic will mostly be for highways. Also Baleno will occasionally be used for office commute when i am unable to take the office bus for any reason. So my guess would be ~10 Km per day (Might end up doing ~500 a month).

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Congratulations Mayank! Awaiting your ownership thread. I still cant forget the smile I had on my face when I test drove the Civic for the first time

Did you get the sun-roof option too?
We wanted to buy the Sunroof one but it was only available in white and Automatic hence we dropped the idea. For a few days after paying the initial amount we actually kept two cars blocked (Silver Civic VMT and Black Accord with Sun roof) . Whitefield honda were cooperative we were seriously tempted to go to Accord but decided to stay around 15 as in 3 years time we will hit the market again when the time comes for replacing aging Baleno.

Ownership thread is on the cards, will start the next day after getting the car (Hopefully Tuesday)
Old 8th December 2011, 15:20   #199
vcx
BHPian

If Dealer is offering a Caska Headunit with reverse camera installed, what happens to the OEM Headunit and will the reverse parking sensors continue to be there?
Old 8th December 2011, 16:05   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If Dealer is offering a Caska Headunit with reverse camera installed, what happens to the OEM Headunit and will the reverse parking sensors continue to be there?
OEM Head unit will be replaced with Caska, the reverse sensor will be there along with camera. Look at the picture below to see how the whole thing looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Looking for a new car - 15 lakh rupees-civiccaska.jpg  

mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2011, 17:30   #201
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
OEM Head unit will be replaced with Caska, the reverse sensor will be there along with camera. Look at the picture below to see how the whole thing looks like.

Thanks for this thread and the details, I am closely following Civic past 2 months, as I am myself exploring upgrade from my current Ford Ikon now 6 yrs .

The current Honda offers are yummy but just holding on till this end year. (Why) last year I was in UK on a 1 month business trip and the Honda dealer in Hyd called me some time ard Feb-Mar'11 and was offering 2010 manufactured Civic for way less( something ard 12-13 lacs for VMT),This year considering there is more drop in Civic sales, I hope such deal could be possible too! Unfortunately by the time I was back and explored the option in Mar-Apr'11 the stock was over.

Check , which month your civic is manufactured in 2011
Old 10th December 2011, 10:00   #202
vcx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806

Hi,

Any update , have you made your purchase?
Old 10th December 2011, 10:02   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Any update , have you made your purchase?
Yeah, everything is already done. The car needs to go to the RTO for its formalities which will be done on Monday as RTO is closed today being a second saturday.

So waiting for delivery on Monday.
Old 10th December 2011, 10:06   #204
vcx
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 12th December 2011 at 10:31.
vcx is offline   Received Infraction
Old 12th December 2011, 07:19   #205
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So waiting for delivery on Monday.
@Mayank - The day is here. Wishing you all the very best. Looking forward to your ownership thread soon.

- Do let me know if you do get it to work someday so I can get a live 'darshan' of the civvy and the goodies.

Last edited by NPV : 12th December 2011 at 07:20.
Old 13th December 2011, 14:32   #206
Senior - BHPian

All,

The test drives and initial ownership thread has been started here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...civic-vmt.html

Thanks
Mayank
mayankjha1806 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2011, 14:52   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from Moderator : As you have bought the car and started a ownership thread.

Closing this thread !
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks