Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2011, 07:10   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Looking for a new car - 15 lakh rupees

While colour is a personal choice,I'd say stay away from reds, dark blues and blacks ; they are difficult to maintain and fetch a lower price when it is time for re-sale.

And as Mustang and sgiitk said,it is best to leave the last piece alone.No dealer can be trusted today(not that I have experience with buying new cars but I have accompanied people to showrooms to TDs and so know)
Old 21st November 2011, 11:47   #152
Senior - BHPian

Please be careful about used 4WD vehicles. God knows what people have done with the 'small second gear'. You don't want any surprises when cruising at 120kmph on a highway.
Old 21st November 2011, 15:27   #153
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from Pratham motors for Kizashi, test drive confirmed for this weekend. Guy says no discounts :(. Also for the GV there is no stock and not sure what is the status. Thanks to NPV for his contacts in getting the Test drive organized .

@nilanjanray, game for saturday?

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 21st November 2011 at 15:28.
Old 21st November 2011, 16:40   #154
BHPian

Your situation seems to be closely matching mine and we even live close-by .
Will be closely watching your decision making process and hope to take some pointers from them. Please keep us updated about your shortlists (something on the lines of post #129).
Old 21st November 2011, 21:05   #155
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Got a call from Pratham motors for Kizashi, test drive confirmed for this weekend. Guy says no discounts :(. Also for the GV there is no stock and not sure what is the status. Thanks to NPV for his contacts in getting the Test drive organized.
@mayank - glad I could help, please do share your Test Drive feedback later this weekend, wishing you all the very best to identify the car to buy.

Nice meeting you in person for a quick chat and tea.
Just as we discovered today, we seem to have/know quite a few common friends/ex-colleagues so it indeed is a small world !
Old 26th November 2011, 10:12   #156
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone compared or tried Outlander with GV. Both do not offer third row of seats, both are petrol, One with larger support network one minimal. One Manual and other had paddle shifters and Adaptive headlights.

Any driving characteristics that folks who have driven both could share. Although both are above the 15L i am still looking at all the options and may choose something that gives me more bang for the buck.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 26th November 2011 at 10:13.
Old 26th November 2011, 13:20   #157
Senior - BHPian

The Kizashi came, conquered. Loved the looks, not too flashy, not to sedate just right. Shows off its powers on the road.

The cabin is quiet spacious, surely in another league as compared to Civic and Altis, the Engine is smooth and packs lot of punch. This can surely be drivers car and appeals to the heart as the Tsi does. The start stop button is quiet annoying guess i will take time to get used to it.

Pushed the car on Sarjapur road, crossed 100, but ran out of road before i could push it further. One thing found interesting, the instant fuel consumption display, occasionally it shot to 25+ Km/Lt.

I see if i buy this car it will be loads of fun on Highway, amazing car to buy minus the CBU pricing .

Lets see if i get to close this deal or something else. With petrol cars i expect some freebies and discounts which might not happen with Kizashi.

One thing that bothered both of us was low GC, it scraped the mountain speed breaker.

PS : Incidentally overtook a TN registered Santro having LCLC Sticker at the back, and seems like mannubhai's mamba on the ORR, it was parked at old Nilgiris store (Not sure what it is called now), under the wine shop.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 26th November 2011 at 13:28.
Old 26th November 2011, 13:51   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone compared or tried Outlander with GV. Both do not offer third row of seats, both are petrol, One with larger support network one minimal. One Manual and other had paddle shifters and Adaptive headlights.

Any driving characteristics that folks who have driven both could share. Although both are above the 15L i am still looking at all the options and may choose something that gives me more bang for the buck.
Hey sorry, was not visiting the forum much so missed your invite.

I had before buying the Fortuner. GV and Outlander were the two petrol vehicles in the semi finals of my selection.

The Outlander is more luxurious, has more boot space, and has slightly better handling. The AT is not so responsive - but I had enjoyed using the paddle shifters.

The GV has 4X4 low range, as you know. The GV also gave slightly better mileage when I was driving both over the same road.

I preferred the GV because of A.S.S. network, low range, MT and FE. But then it lost in the finals to you know who.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 26th November 2011 at 13:54.
Old 26th November 2011, 18:09   #159
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Kizashi came, conquered. Loved the looks, not too flashy, not to sedate just right. Shows off its powers on the road.
@Mayank - Did you TD the GV also or just the Kizashi ? And what's the OTR price of Kizashi ?

Last edited by NPV : 26th November 2011 at 18:12.
Old 26th November 2011, 19:21   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
@Mayank - Did you TD the GV also or just the Kizashi ? And what's the OTR price of Kizashi ?
Today just the Kizashi, OTR is about 20.48 Bangalore.

What has gotten us worried is Kizashi (Although its in a different league) has lower GC as compared to Civic which is known for low GC. Today we also saw a Civic VMT for 14.8 OTR (This one comes with Leather seats and chrome all around ). The other one is Red SMT which we did not liked is going to be 14 OTR.
Old 26th November 2011, 21:15   #161
BHPian

how will you compare civic and kizashi?? which one is better drivers car?
Old 27th November 2011, 05:20   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procircuit_234 View Post
how will you compare civic and kizashi?? which one is better drivers car?
Mate you are asking me to compare two different segment cars (I am already seeing folks raising eyebrows).

Firstly these are in two different segments, Kizashi sits in between Civic and Accord (and so is priced in between as well), Kizashi is slightly more spacious, and more powerful (2.4L Vs 1.8).

Now that we are done with statistics, in my personal opinion having never bought a car in this segment, and occasionally driven some of them (Saying this as possibly this could be the reason). I would prefer Civic over Kizashi, Why, here is the reason.

Kizashi is too Long for my comfort, too low for my comfort (GC Lesser then Civic), I am not buying this car to just drive around in City i would take it on highways and some of them would be bad (How bad, cant say), also in a 30 mins drive on some open roads both could easily touch 100 (Couldn't go beyond as i ran out of road) but i am sure on good highways Civic can easily touch 150 (Kizashi maybe little higher speeds). Which one is more drivers car, cant say depends on the kind of driver but i had more fun while driving Civic although both handled the roads and curves quiet well in the speeds i touched.

So between the two i would choose Civic, smaller more easily manageable, space good enough for us for next 2-3 years, and sufficient engine power for my needs. Also when sitting inside although Civic is old wife commented it still looks modern and new.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 27th November 2011 at 05:24.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2011, 07:53   #163
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

@Mayank, this is interesting:
So you're shorlitst is now Civic, GV, Outlander ?
Also, on the Kizashi - I'm with you regarding low GC but you also mentioned 'too long'. Aren't the GV/Outlander as long or more ?
Old 27th November 2011, 11:21   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
@Mayank, this is interesting:
So you're shorlitst is now Civic, GV, Outlander ?
Also, on the Kizashi - I'm with you regarding low GC but you also mentioned 'too long'. Aren't the GV/Outlander as long or more ?
No the Shortlists are Civic (Because of Discounts), Altis. Haven't yet driven GV or the Outlander no they are not yet there.

Sitting on top of them all is Fortuner (Shortlisted), only waiting for the new one and whats bothering me is constant increase in prices of Toyota and long waiting periods.

More then long they are also high hence the rear i find it much easier to drive. I have not driven the GV/Outlander, but Fortuner which is as long (or probably more then Kizashi) never had any problems. So i guess the high seating helps a but for me (Not sure about others).
Old 28th November 2011, 05:20   #165
Senior - BHPian

Drove the GV yesterday, the space on the car is just enough (The boot looks smaller then the Kizashi) The seating is good (Manual adjustment as compared to electric in Kizashi). AC was very powerful but that could also be because of rainy/cold day.

The car drives well, speed pickup is nice and smooth, engine is silent, and was decently fun to drive. We touched speeds above 100 and the car was stable.

Few of the things that bothered us, huge amount of rattle in the second gear at 15K rpm which subsides soon after and never returns. Smallish boot.

Deal beaker, 3 months waiting to get one , No discounts (that too being a petrol). A car that sells 1 or 2 units a month has 3 months waiting is a huge surprise. So basically there is no stock anywhere, if one orders one would get it straight from Japan.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks