Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2011, 13:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
+1
If you are willing to go pre-worshiped, a BMW perhaps?
thanks, BMW! well i will keep that for a maybe after 7 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
There is one car that fits all you listed and doesn't fit what you did not list i.e., mileage, resale value etc. I own one last 40 months and absolute 'peace of mind' so far. Have done couple of long drives, pushed the baby to 160 clicks, yet subtle and sober in B to B traffic. And this one would leave couple of lacs in your pocket too for other things.!
Hummm!, thats a nice suggestion which i did not consider earlier, is there an ownership thread that you have created so that i can go through that and understand more of what the car is like. Only one question as of now, is it as spacious as Civic/Altis etc (esp the rear leg room space) or is it more in the category of Sx4 and NHC?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 20 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 16th February 2011 at 07:50. Reason: Back-to-back posts again !! Please go through our rules.
Old 15th February 2011, 13:50   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: Looking for a new car - 15 lakh rupees OTR

Here you go. Not one, I give you 3 links of ownership reports ranging from 2007 through 2011.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...head-herd.html

Check out in last page my 3 years update.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...shi-cedia.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...red-beast.html

You will find answers to you question on legrooms and much more Gaurav and Mandheer in their threads.
And please, do not compare SX4 and ANHC with this machine. This is different.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 15th February 2011 at 13:59.
Old 15th February 2011, 14:26   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Do you own a Laura yourself, if yes, for how long have you been using it and how has been the A.S.S of Skoda? any problems so far? and more important how is cost of repairs?
I too strongly recommend the Laura Petrol or diesel, DSG or manual depending on your choice for the following reasons:

Most Skoda horror stories are a thing of the past. In fact, there are quite a few Lauras on TBHP which have been modified, kept as stock, ripped and have stood the test of time.

TAFE Access is amongst the most competent Skoda dealers and I know their people personally. I can vouch for their service standards.

The new Laura has very long service intervals(15k kms or 1 year) which essentially means that you have a low upkeep car. Not to mention the Skoda shield for 100,000kms as well.

No other car in its segment and few segments higher can parallel the build quality and finesse of the Laura. You can read Anshuman's ownership review and check it out.

If not the Laura, I would recommend the Innova for you. Simple, practical and spacious for your present and future needs.
Old 15th February 2011, 14:40   #19
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest you to choose among Laura, Cruze or Civic. I drive a Civic and it never stops to amaze me. Of course the current model is due for a change which may be ready by mid 2011.
Old 15th February 2011, 15:15   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Do you own a Laura yourself, if yes, for how long have you been using it and how has been the A.S.S of Skoda? any problems so far? and more important how is cost of repairs?
I wish I did but I have settled with the Fabia for now. I got a friend to buy the Laura though its too early to tell with the Afters. Another friend bought himself the 1.8 Superb and is pretty happy with that - as well as the afters. My only suggestion would be take it for a spin before making up your mind. The Cruze and the Civic are top quality cars too, but dont write this beauty off
Old 15th February 2011, 15:20   #21
BHPian

Indeed cedia is one hell of a car and offers great VFM and comes with legendary handling and drive ability. You must TD that car thoroughly before taking any decision.

Another good option is a civic which you have already tested. It definitely has one of the best rear seat comfort and space and also the interiors are really well put together. It has ample power and style to fulfill your excitement. Also as you have already noticed that it comes with USB which is a big factor for you.

As far as cruze is concerned, my suggestion is that do TD it as well and keep it as an option along with cedia and civic. The 3 C's ;-)

Being the owner of Cruze i can list out couple of pointers for you:

Advantages:
1. To me it looks great from all the angles. Surely one of the best looker
2. Stonker of an engine. Absolutely blast to drive on highways. Touches insane speeds in no time.
3. Access to the boot from the rear seats
4. Decent audio quality.
5. Neutral handling and feels planted even at unspeakable speeds.
6. TCO will be cheaper then skoda and sligthly expensive then honda and toyota.
7. Excellent safety cage. One of the best in this price range for crumple zones and structural rigidity. 100 % marks for safety.
8. Diesel Economy
9. I absolutely adore the interior fascia. Love the waterfall design.
10. Comes loaded with maximum gizmos in LTZ trim then any other car in this price bracket

Disadvantages:
1. Lacks rear space and headroom is limited as well.
2. Rear seats are not that comfy
3. Turbo lag which is evident in city and thus makes it a sluggish car for city driving. But you can eventually get used it.
4. GC can be an issue sometimes. I have personally scrapped the bottom sometimes on breakers and bad roads. But its better then civic IMHO
5. Ingress and egress can be slightly uneasy for elder people.
6. Plastics quality is average and interiors are not as sturdy as laura or even civic.
7. Lacks USB which can be a big downer for you.

Hope it helps!

Last edited by ashish22 : 15th February 2011 at 15:22.
Old 15th February 2011, 15:46   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I too strongly recommend the Laura Petrol or diesel, DSG or manual depending on your choice for the following reasons:
Yes i am looking at Laura Petrol, only problem, it comes in only one variant (Such a step motherly treatment).

Quote:
Most Skoda horror stories are a thing of the past. In fact, there are quite a few Lauras on TBHP which have been modified, kept as stock, ripped and have stood the test of time.
Although i havent seen any new one recently. Will surely do more search.

[/quote]
TAFE Access is amongst the most competent Skoda dealers and I know their people personally. I can vouch for their service standards.
[/quote]

Oops, are you sure about them, i thought Vinayak are better ones.

Quote:
No other car in its segment and few segments higher can parallel the build quality and finesse of the Laura. You can read Anshuman's ownership review and check it out.
Thanks, started reading now.

Quote:
If not the Laura, I would recommend the Innova for you. Simple, practical and spacious for your present and future needs.
, Innova is truly out, i cant see myself driving that car ever (Owners please excuse its just my opinion).
Old 15th February 2011, 17:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

And here is one 15000 kms report for Cedia Sports.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2245794
Old 16th February 2011, 10:33   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Yes i am looking at Laura Petrol, only problem, it comes in only one variant (Such a step motherly treatment).
Not one but two... a very basic Classic (w/o alloys, chrome, parking sensors, etc., I dont fancy the name ) and a decently loaded Ambiente. But importantly, Skoda hasnt skimped on safety, the petrol's safety kit is at par with Elegance trim offering 2 Airbags, ABS, EBD, ASR, TCS, ESP, M/H BA as standard (missing EDL and ESP from L&K)
Old 16th February 2011, 11:06   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Not one but two... a very basic Classic (w/o alloys, chrome, parking sensors, etc., I dont fancy the name ) and a decently loaded Ambiente. But importantly, Skoda hasnt skimped on safety, the petrol's safety kit is at par with Elegance trim offering 2 Airbags, ABS, EBD, ASR, TCS, ESP, M/H BA as standard (missing EDL and ESP from L&K)
Yup, was reading about the new classic in the Whatcar issue this month. It is a good idea to keep one at that level too.
Old 16th February 2011, 16:55   #26
Senior - BHPian

Is it normal not to get any discounts at this time. Honda is offering free insurance, i haven't checked with Skoda but i am sure they would be offering something. Toyota on the other hand aren't offering anything at this time. Is this normal or i am not bargaining hard enough?
Old 16th February 2011, 17:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest you wait for the Next Generation Hyundai Elantra/ Avante. Launch doesnt seem to be around the corner though( since New Verna & i45 might be launched before it ). If you are in a hurry - Laura TSI!!
Old 17th February 2011, 11:24   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

The new Laura has very long service intervals(15k kms or 1 year) which essentially means that you have a low upkeep car. Not to mention the Skoda shield for 100,000kms as well.
What i figured out is Laura is most expensive to maintain, 2500 for Wiper blades/rubber which is robbing IMO. I am sure there are other parts which as as high priced.
Old 19th February 2011, 11:38   #29
BHPian

I agree with most that the Laura 1.8 is amazingly practical for you... the A.S.S. being the only catch.

Will also ask you to reconsider the Cruze... sure it is low on backseat space... but that is really only if the front seats are pushed all the way back. The front seats have so much space that you will never need to push them all the way back. There will be quite a decent space at the back. I know it is a compromise but decide for yourself by a TD and not by just what is being said on this forum. Driving-wise this car has no match in the country as of today!!

You may also want to wait for the new Jetta this year... just a thought...
Old 21st February 2011, 00:34   #30
BHPian

With the India-Japan free trade agreement, most Jap car prices would be coming down soon. I suggest you wait for a bit and if Kizashi's prices drop a few lakhs, it would be well worth the price. Same goes without saying for Accord and Camry also
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks