Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2012, 04:04   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587
I have been getting fake prompts for private messages.
Same with me.
Its started 2 days back.
I haven't updated my firmware, nor have i updated the team bhp app (on the latest version).

I am on a iPhone 4S with iOS 5.1.1 on it.

Already tried reinstalling the app.
I have also tried logging out and re-login again.
Old 1st November 2012, 04:17   #302
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Same with me.
Its started 2 days back.
I haven't updated my firmware, nor have i updated the team bhp app (on the latest version).

I am on a iPhone 4S with iOS 5.1.1 on it.

Already tried reinstalling the app.
I have also tried logging out and re-login again.
I am on IOS 5.1.1 as well.
Nothing works,the prompts just keep on coming,and on logging in,you find that it was just a hoax.
Old 1st November 2012, 05:08   #303
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Why not upgrade to ios6? I am not facing any trouble with the TBHP app on any of my apple devices so far.
Old 1st November 2012, 08:05   #304
BHPian

I'm facing this problem with iOS 6 as well. I deleted the app and restarted the phone before installing again. Lets me see how the app behaves now.
Old 1st November 2012, 09:58   #305
BHPian

Since about a couple of weeks I have been getting push notifications in 10-20 numbers, back to back, saying that xyz thread that I have subscribed to has new posts. When I goto the thread there are no new posts. This becomes a menace specifically when I am on a call and due to the number of back to back notifications, the phone keeps on vibrating. Is there a bug with the software? Any workaround solutions other than to disable notification or logging out? If I delete the subcriptions will that work? I am using the mobile app on iPhone 4 with iOS 6.
Old 1st November 2012, 10:50   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan
Why not upgrade to ios6? I am not facing any trouble with the TBHP app on any of my apple devices so far.
I dont really wanna update to iOS 6 as of now, i am waiting for a stable release to come, say a 6.0.1 version or so. Plus the app used to work fine till last week on the same firmware version, moreover its not just with 5.1.1 its on iOS 6 as well, so what the point.
Its something to do with the app.
Old 1st November 2012, 11:01   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrage View Post
Ditto. After opening the notifications for the first time there have been repeated false notifications on my ipad.
I too have been facing this problem since last few days. I have tried logging in/out and re-installing the app but the problem still persists. My I-Phone is running iOS 6. Has there been any fixes done for this?
Old 1st November 2012, 12:11   #308
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilambuj View Post
Since about a couple of weeks I have been getting push notifications in 10-20 numbers, back to back, saying that xyz thread that I have subscribed to has new posts. When I goto the thread there are no new posts. This becomes a menace specifically when I am on a call and due to the number of back to back notifications, the phone keeps on vibrating. Is there a bug with the software? Any workaround solutions other than to disable notification or logging out? If I delete the subcriptions will that work? I am using the mobile app on iPhone 4 with iOS 6.
I am not having any issues with the push notifications, and the app is working well.
Maybe you can try the following:
1) From your computer, go to the subscriptions, select all, and change email notification settings.
2) Check the notification settings in your iphone. For reference, attaching the screen capture from my phone
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch-photo.png  

vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2012, 15:14   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
I am not having any issues with the push notifications, and the app is working well.
1) From your computer, go to the subscriptions, select all, and change email notification settings.
2) Check the notification settings in your iphone. For reference, attaching the screen capture from my phone
Already tried this.
This just doesn't give you a pop up but a badge icon still pops up on the icon of the app.
Old 1st November 2012, 15:20   #310
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Already tried this.
This just doesn't give you a pop up but a badge icon still pops up on the icon of the app.
That will go off if you keep the badge app icon as Off. Just tried on my phone.
Old 1st November 2012, 18:43   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san
That will go off if you keep the badge app icon as Off. Just tried on my phone.
Ya so that would basically mean that i wont get any notifications from Team-Bhp.
What the whole point ?
That is not a solution.

The thing is that, the app used to work fine a week back, and all of a sudden it started acting up.
First i thought it might be something with my phone, but after reading other posts i can say that something's wrong with the app, because i am not the only one facing this issue.

All i want is to get this issue to the admins so that they can look up for bugs.
Old 1st November 2012, 18:57   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilambuj
I am facing the exact same issue on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 as well. Both are running on iOS 6. Multiple notifications back to back even if just one notification should have come. It gets very annoying sometimes. Would request the admin to please look at the same.
Old 1st November 2012, 19:09   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
That is just a work around,not a solution.
It was working fine,till a few days back.
Why should i get notified about a PM,which i never recieved?
Old 2nd November 2012, 13:54   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
I am on IOS 5.1.1 as well.
Nothing works,the prompts just keep on coming,and on logging in,you find that it was just a hoax.
Same here... still being notified about the PMs I had answered couple of days back!
Old 2nd November 2012, 20:22   #315
BHPian

Surprisingly i didn't experience any such notifications today !
No changes made in the settings or app.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks