Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2017, 21:56   #526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
Not sure where to post this. Hence asking the question here. Since a month I am unable to play any video on the tbhp app on my iPhone. I click on the video and the app shuts down. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but got the same issue. Is there a way I can clear the tbhp cache? Any other solution?

Yup! Same issue here, having trouble watching videos in the app. I've not seen any application updates since forever! Kudos to it being on the App Store in the first place bit I don't think anyone's having any changes made to the application, last update being in Jan '15. Since the new Apple Update, that's what's happening. Hence I use the web view option to watch them, but it's troublesome. Would be awesome if there could be an update.
GranvilleDsouza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2017, 22:24   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranvilleDsouza View Post
Yup! Same issue here, having trouble watching videos in the app. I've not seen any application updates since forever! Kudos to it being on the App Store in the first place bit I don't think anyone's having any changes made to the application, last update being in Jan '15. Since the new Apple Update, that's what's happening. Hence I use the web view option to watch them, but it's troublesome. Would be awesome if there could be an update.

Ok so now that I think of it.. maybe it started after the last OS update. Not sure but around the same time. I hardly use the web view cause the app is so easy. I wish we get an update soon to fix this
v_2rahjo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2017, 23:47   #528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_2rahjo View Post
Ok so now that I think of it.. maybe it started after the last OS update. Not sure but around the same time. I hardly use the web view cause the app is so easy. I wish we get an update soon to fix this

The app unfortunately is now out of development. Mods encourage using the mobile skinned website now.
I agree, the app is very convenient to use, but we will have to make do with what is available.
kkkkkaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 18:12   #529
Team-BHP Support

Re: Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch

Gents,

Unfortunately the developers can no longer support our version, due to the forum running on an older version of vBulletin (and the app being based on the Tapatalk framework).

As a result, any new issues caused by OS updates or other changes will not be getting fixes. Sorry about that.

I strongly recommend using the web-based Smartphone skin instead - as it has virtually all the functionality included, and is fast & light.
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2017, 14:36   #530
BHPian

Is this a caching issue?

Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch-imageuploadedbyteambhp1505207174.563850.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 12th September 2017 at 16:41.
Old 12th September 2017, 16:41   #531
Team-BHP Support

Re: Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Is this a caching issue?
Yes... seems like it could be.

Does re-opening the app fix it?
Old 12th September 2017, 16:46   #532
BHPian

Still remains. But let me use the mobile version going forward. Just saw the notes above on the s. Version
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 20:29   #533
Team-BHP Support

Re: Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

Guys: These are really two glitch inputs.

I face the following two issues while posting from the T-BHP app using IOS.

1. Every time I use single apostrophe (') - for example in this post #103 the word "you've", it gives adds some garbled text. Mods have had to correct it on a few ocassions.

2. Pic uploading doesn't work very often from the app. I've followed all the steps fine from the app but it just leaves a [image] sort of text in the post without the actual picture.

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong and its possible this is a glitch with the app. This is something you might want to look into.

Thanks
Old 14th October 2017, 21:19   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Guys: These are really two glitch inputs.

I face the following two issues while posting from the T-BHP app using IOS.
As mentioned many times earlier in this same thread (and I think in this page itself or previous page) app support is no longer there. Suggest you to use the mobile site or smartphone skin instead.
Old 17th October 2017, 16:20   #535
Team-BHP Support

Hey Axe77,

Quote:
1. Every time I use single apostrophe (') - for example in this post #103 the word "you've", it gives adds some garbled text.
This is an issue that has been brought on by the iOS 11 update.

We're currently looking at a workaround.

Quote:
2. Pic uploading doesn't work very often from the app. I've followed all the steps fine from the app but it just leaves a [image] sort of text in the post without the actual picture.
Hmmm. This is a tricky one.

Suggest you use the SmartPhone skin as TorqueyTechie has suggested.

(However do note there's an upload limitation of 1 pic per post on iOS via the browser, but we're working to resolve that too).
Old 17th October 2017, 16:32   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Hmmm. This is a tricky one.
This happens when you spend a bit too much time between uploading the picture and submitting the post. If this happens, it leaves a [ATTACHMENT]978787[/ATTACHMENT] sort of text instead of the actual image. Try to compose the post and then insert the images. This way the image upload will not time out.

Please refer to post #35603 and #35604 in the Team-BHP stickers thread - I posted 45 pictures (30+15) in these two posts using the Team-BHP iPhone app.
Old 14th April 2018, 11:25   #537
BHPian

Suggestions for Team-BHP from Team-BHPians

My suggestion is wrt the team bhp ios app. When at home I normally browse tbhp through the app but have found a couple of bugs in it.

1) Whenever there is a video shared and I try to open it from the app the app crashes.

2) Even if I want to save a photo shared in any of the forums the app crashes.

Now coming to the suggestions part :

1) When there are tons of pics in an opening forum and I scroll to the top of the thread, the app becomes numb for sometime and at times I need to close the app and open that thread again. Can something be done to speed up the loading of a thread that has a lot of pics?

2) The way we can see the likes on our comments in the website can something similar be done in the app as well? There is a message section in the app where we get to know if our comment has been quoted but there isn't a way to check the likes that we have got for our comments in the app.

I checked the ios app store as well if there was an update pending but learned that I was running the latest app only.

NOTE: My iPhone 7 is running ios 11.2.x
Old 9th May 2018, 16:36   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
My suggestion is wrt the team bhp ios app. When at home I normally browse tbhp through the app but have found a couple of bugs in it.

1) Whenever there is a video shared and I try to open it from the app the app crashes.

Now coming to the suggestions part :

1) When there are tons of pics in an opening forum and I scroll to the top of the thread, the app becomes numb for sometime and at times I need to close the app and open that thread again. Can something be done to speed up the loading of a thread that has a lot of pics?

2) The way we can see the likes on our comments in the website can something similar be done in the app as well? There is a message section in the app where we get to know if our comment has been quoted but there isn't a way to check the likes that we have got for our comments in the app.

I checked the ios app store as well if there was an update pending but learned that I was running the latest app only.

NOTE: My iPhone 7 is running ios 11.2.x
+1
I am also facing similar issue while checking videos. Further it looks like Team-BHP app has not been updated for quite a while for iOS. update it to accommodate the (in)famous notch.

As for scrolling issues, i have not be able to replicate it on iPhone 6, 8 & X
Old 17th May 2018, 16:36   #539
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
My suggestion is wrt the team bhp ios app.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer012 View Post
+1
Unfortunately we don't support the iOS and Android apps anymore.

I strongly suggest you try using the web-based Smartphone skin instead - as it has virtually all the functionality included, and is fast & light!

It even has a few features and advantages that the apps don't offer.
Old 17th May 2018, 19:11   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Unfortunately we don't support the iOS and Android apps anymore.

I strongly suggest you try using the web-based Smartphone skin instead - as it has virtually all the functionality included, and is fast & light!

It even has a few features and advantages that the apps don't offer.
Ok. Sad to know but will make do Also can you please advise a way to access timeline through the mobile skin on ios.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks