Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2011, 12:49   #16
BHPian

Re: Heard of pgportal.gov.in? About time you do

How do I lodge a grievance against Airtel? The lodge grievance link only seems to pertain to Government organizations?

GTO, can you please suggest how you lodged the grievance against Vodafone?
Old 22nd November 2011, 13:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I am glad that the pgportal worked for you and presumably others as well.
But this is NOT what the government is supposed to do.
Very true noop, but we do need a watchdog to ensure these people are doing their work properly. IMHO the service standards are very shoddy and there is little to no professionalism shown by these guys.

It is great that these organisations/ employees are still concerned about these watchdogs and end up doing something which they should have done correctly in the first instance. Perhaps the costs/ salaries for such people should be recovered from the erring corporates. But then this could reflect in increased costs for the end user. Nevertheless, I digress here.

I appreciate the work done by the lady in charge, may there be more of her ilk!
Old 22nd November 2011, 13:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

I partly agree with Noopster but the problem is most private players in the country have very less regard for corporate governance and hence there is a big need for a stronger regulator.

Way to go!
Old 22nd November 2011, 14:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Last Sunday as I drove back from Pune to my home, at Taloja I found the road was full of potholes and also unmarked rumbler strips had been erected where you are forced to go at speeds of about 5kmph and then too your car is bound to scrape on the last of the rumblers (because of the uneven gap between the rumblers). I refused to pay toll at the Konark Infrastructure toll booth and registered a complaint in the complaint book at the booth. I was informed someone would follow up on the complaint, but so far I have heard nothing from nobody.

I have raised this issue with the pgportal, after I came across this thread. Let's see if this will give me a better road for the money I spent on tolls.
Old 22nd November 2011, 14:27   #20
Senior - BHPian

I am glad you got this up! I was waiting for something like this.

Im in the process of porting my number to Vodafone for the second time. As usual, went through the same BS about "contractual agreement" from Airtel. Then came the outstanding amount BS. Now that, thats been taken care of, waiting for some kind of communication from either providers.

One things happened this time around, that didnt happen the last time. Airtel has been calling me 3 times a day, asking the reason for porting.
Old 22nd November 2011, 15:01   #21
BHPian

What happens if the portal is flooded with SOS messages?
SERVICE STOPS :(

Hope they have a filteration method to weed out the serious ones from the riff raff.
Old 22nd November 2011, 15:18   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I am glad that the pgportal worked for you and presumably others as well.

But this is NOT what the government is supposed to do.

Reliance and Vodafone are both private operators. The government's job ends at creating a functioning, efficient and TRANSPARENT mechanism by which MNP and other such value-added services can be facilitated.

This they have absolutely failed to do.

The problem with this country is that in a lot of cases, anything that is legal and (on paper) straighforward gets caught up in a web of bureaucracy, paperwork and corruption. Agencies like PGportal, while essential, are in theory superfluous: if the system worked the way it was SUPPOSED to, they wouldn't have anything to do.

Having said that, I will definitely use this the next time I have a similar issue to grapple with
The pvt sector in India thinks that they can get away with anything, which is why you see cases like Harish's skoda lemon. Thats due to the inefficent judicial process in our country. In such a scenario any help by a government body, such as in GTO's MNP case or the LPG case, is a huge relief. I wish there would be an overhaul of our antiquated inefficent judicial system before long.
Lalvaz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 16:55   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
I have a similar suspicion with my Indane connection too. Do you mind sharing which agency was involved in this incident?
JN Enterprises, in BTM.
Old 22nd November 2011, 17:00   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar
I am glad you got this up! I was waiting for something like this.

Im in the process of porting my number to Vodafone for the second time. As usual, went through the same BS about "contractual agreement" from Airtel. Then came the outstanding amount BS. Now that, thats been taken care of, waiting for some kind of communication from either providers.

One things happened this time around, that didnt happen the last time. Airtel has been calling me 3 times a day, asking the reason for porting.
Can you pls help me on how to lodge a grievance against Airtel? I dont see option beyond Central or State Govt institutions. I am yet to receive a refund for a broadband connection which they couldnt provide me, i'm waiting for the past 4 weeks to get a refund of Rs 3000!
Old 22nd November 2011, 17:34   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post
Can you pls help me on how to lodge a grievance against Airtel? I dont see option beyond Central or State Govt institutions. I am yet to receive a refund for a broadband connection which they couldnt provide me, i'm waiting for the past 4 weeks to get a refund of Rs 3000!

I am only guessing here, but you could select Dept of Telecommunication (since all these greviences do, indirectly fall under the DoT) in the drop down menu and mention your greviance in the given field.

I am waiting for some updates on my MNP request. If it fails again, I shall be lodging a complaint with these guys too.
Old 29th November 2011, 11:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thanks GTO, i already thanked once so cant click thanks again. Today my long standing grudge against some rules at Bharat Petroleum got sorted out.

Looks like there is a rule that governs the frequency of cylinder delivery to cooking gas consumers. So whenever i book a refill it needs to be 15 days after i received the last cylinder and it takes them about 15 days to deliver the new cylinder.

Now in our home (with kids) a cylinder lasts about 30-40 days, and it gets really close to get a new cylinder before the previous one gets over. Sometimes we have to depend on neighbors for help. This was really irritating for me and i raised a grievance in the portal for Bharat Petroleum,

Today my distributor called me up and said they would give the cylinder tomorrow, but i have asked them to forward the grievance to Bharat Petroleum as its not distributors fault. Its the rule that i have problem with.

Lets see what happens
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 01:24   #27
BHPian

I have just logged a case for non availability of a clear procedure for transfering vehicle from one state to another . None of the RTO websites have this documented . Lets see .
Old 18th December 2011, 17:57   #28
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
GTO, I was WAITING for something like this. God bless!
I guess you used the tips on this thread and your problem was solved? Request to update on your experience here so that others benefit too.

Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 10:40   #29
BHPian

FYI - The PF portal too has a link to a form called 'Grievances'. Basically that too is based on the same principle. Basically you get to register your grievances directly to seniors.

My PF was stuck since 7 months. The SLA of PF withdrawal is 3 months. After registering the grievance, my PF was credited to my account within 10 days !
Old 19th December 2011, 11:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc
My PF was stuck since 7 months. The SLA of PF withdrawal is 3 months. After registering the grievance, my PF was credited to my account within 10 days !
My pf is in similar state for last 6 years neither they have transferred nor been able to withdraw. Raised grivance, nothing happend now raised reminder as well. Lets see what happens.

Is there a way to escalate this thing?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks