Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2012, 19:02   #46
Oxy
BHPian

Re: Heard of pgportal.gov.in? About time you do

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Here's my experience to share; the pic says it all...

Complaint posted - Please look into this issue at earliest; it is getting increasingly difficult with half the work being done at 4th street 1st cross and 3rd street.
Oh man! So this isn't working anymore? The attachment says that you lodged the complaint some 7 months ago.

What a shame.

Did you try reaching the contact number mentioned in the attachment?

Last edited by Oxy : 12th July 2012 at 19:04.
Old 13th July 2012, 07:50   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Did you try reaching the contact number mentioned in the attachment?
That number is office of IAS office who is assigned to CM's special force. I really don't want to call that number for such trivial things. Even if I do, they'd say they're working on it shamelessly for over an year.

In this country except Govt, everything else works!!!
Old 13th July 2012, 18:17   #48
Oxy
BHPian

I am facing a very peculiar issue while trying to log my grievance here. Pretty similar to this:

Where to file Grievance against Public Grievance Portal? « Palak Mathur

I am getting this message saying "Special Characters are not allowed in Subject description". I repeatedly checked the contents but could not find a special character.

Has anyone else faced such an issue?
Old 13th July 2012, 19:02   #49
Senior - BHPian

Great link, GTO. I could see this thread only now.

I've submitted a grievance against AP govt for not getting my flat's regularisation order from Municipal Commissioner of Hyderabad, though 40 others in my block got it by bribing the MCH.
Let me see if it works. My application is pending since July 2008 and all my visits to their office have been futile. They always pretend to search for the file, but invariably cannot find it.
Old 21st February 2013, 17:07   #50
BHPian

I am not sure if this is the appropriate thread for posting this, but I couldn't think of any other.
Basically, I booked some airline tickets from an online travel agent via.com, which I had to cancel subsequently. The airline informed me the exact refund amount due, but the agent refunded me less than this. I took it up with the agent and they acknowledged that I am due more money. However, they are simply dragging their feet on this issue and have not yet refunded me the full amount for the past 4 months.
My question is what is my best option to take this forward? The due amount is not much, but what infuriates me is the relative impunity with which via.com seem to be getting away with this. Any advice on this is welcome.
Old 21st February 2013, 17:35   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
My question is what is my best option to take this forward? The due amount is not much, but what infuriates me is the relative impunity with which via.com seem to be getting away with this. Any advice on this is welcome.
Name and shame them on facebook and twitter. If this does not work, then complain on this portal.
Old 21st February 2013, 18:16   #52
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
I am not sure if this is the appropriate thread for posting this, but I couldn't think of any other.
Basically, I booked some airline tickets from an online travel agent via.com, which I had to cancel subsequently. The airline informed me the exact refund amount due, but the agent refunded me less than this. I took it up with the agent and they acknowledged that I am due more money. However, they are simply dragging their feet on this issue and have not yet refunded me the full amount for the past 4 months.
I might be wrong, but I think when you book tickets through an agent (such as Makemytrip, Yatra, Cleartrip etc.) and then cancel them (as compared to when you book at an airline website and then cancel), you need to pay an additional cancellation fee to the agent apart from the cancellation fee you pay to the airline.

Before cancelling, you should have tried calling the airline and asked them if they can cancel your tickets from their end itself rather than the agent cancelling it.
Old 21st February 2013, 18:57   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I might be wrong, but I think when you book tickets through an agent (such as Makemytrip, Yatra, Cleartrip etc.) and then cancel them (as compared to when you book at an airline website and then cancel), you need to pay an additional cancellation fee to the agent apart from the cancellation fee you pay to the airline.

Before cancelling, you should have tried calling the airline and asked them if they can cancel your tickets from their end itself rather than the agent cancelling it.
Well, to be specific, the refund was for a no-show and not a cancellation per se.
The other point is that the agent acknowledges that more money is due to me, they never talk of any cancellation fee. They simply refuse to credit the remaining money to my account.
Old 22nd February 2013, 09:50   #54
Senior - BHPian

Love the fact how they've incorporated themeing on their website. As if anyone with a grievance willing to post it up on this website will be concerned about choosing colors. Classic government!
Old 22nd February 2013, 10:02   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
P.S. If you thought CDMA network users don't have a choice of phones, check out www.cellwala.com. I got myself a Samsung Fascinate (CDMA version of Samsung Galaxy S) for 16K.
I hope I am not too late, I also had issues with getting good CDMA phones. For the past few years we have been buying phones from Reputed vendors on RIM web, and have found HetalDP the best. My son and I have both bought from Hetal (my son bought once through cellwala, but gave up due to poor response). I also bought a BB from Hitesh, but he may have given up sales by noow. My son-in-law has got both GSM (five Apple iPhones) and CDMA phones from Parin since he is based in Kolkata, unfortunately my daughter's Incredible2 (dual but being used on GSM) conked out within a month, and has not been fixed yet.
Old 25th April 2013, 19:43   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's another story with a happy ending!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...er-lining.html
Old 27th April 2013, 10:09   #57
BHPian

The PG portal seems to work largely only when compliants are against the private sector or small minions like petrol pump attendants are involved. In the petrol pump fraud cited above, action should have been taken against the owner ( as in cancelling the license ) as the petrol pump attendant was doing it on his orders.
My complaint on non reciept of UID about 7-8 months back did not merit even a reply except for computer generated "your complaint has been registered" message. Reminder emails too have not elicited any reply.
Old 29th April 2013, 17:03   #58
Senior - BHPian

Is it really safe in raising a complaint against a Govt Agency. I came to know of this portal today. It also asks you to mention your residential address.

My question is if i would want to raise an issue on the condition of the roads, specifically the Aarey Colony Road which is always in a very bad shape, would it be safe as the road in question is a Toll Road and is being maintained by Contractors who are no better than goons in my opinion.

Wanted to take advice before entering anything as i would not want somebody knocking on my doors asking me why i complained and threatening my family.

Just a thought that came to me mind.
Old 1st May 2013, 09:32   #59
BHPian

Re: My experience with Petrol Pump Fraud - And the silver lining

I know iam offtopic here but Pgportal is a very effective method to tackle the typical chalta hai and chaloo attitude of many of our countrymen. I had effectively used the portal to get my SIM card delivered and activated after i lost it.There were innumerable emails and follows up and finally after a week the SIM card was delivered whereas the turn around time is 48 hours.
Power to the common man , hell yeah!
Way to go pgportal.
Old 2nd May 2013, 16:51   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Is it really safe in raising a complaint against a Govt Agency. I came to know of this portal today. It also asks you to mention your residential address.

My question is if i would want to raise an issue on the condition of the roads, specifically the Aarey Colony Road which is always in a very bad shape, would it be safe as the road in question is a Toll Road and is being maintained by Contractors who are no better than goons in my opinion.

Wanted to take advice before entering anything as i would not want somebody knocking on my doors asking me why i complained and threatening my family.

Just a thought that came to me mind.
your thought is quite natural. a couple of days back i was reading about BMC leaking info about activists who have complained. this is not to dissuade anyone from complaining, i think we all should but at the same time be aware of the possible dirty games the affected parties might play

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks