Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2011, 11:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Heard of pgportal.gov.in? About time you do

Reliance was repeatedly filching money from my 80 year old dad's pre-paid card. He will top it up for Rs 100.00 and within a couple of days the balance will become zero. I saw a lot of cricket related sms in his in box. At first I thought he was curiously pressing some button in response to a marketing call, inadvertently activating some pack, but he vehemently denied this.

Then I went through the entire contents of the in box and found out the modus operandi. An innocuous sms will arrive, stating "cricket pack" or "Love pack" (!) has been activated on a trial basis @ Rs 5.00 for a day, and he must communicate his unwillingness to continue it within 24 hours. He will naturally not read the sms and after 24 hours, another sms will come stating the pack has been activated for a month @ Rs 40.00! See what crooks they are!

This is nothing but daylight robbery. Repeated calls to their helpline bore no fruit. I thought of making a complaint through this portal but my dad was dead against continuing with Reliance. So I quietly took his latest landline bill and visited the local BSNL customer service centre. Within half an hour, for Rs 30.00, they have given their pre-paid card with a talk time of Rs 30.00. I installed it in my dad's phone and disposed off the Reliance card.
Gansan is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 12:05   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
FYI - The PF portal too has a link to a form called 'Grievances'. Basically that too is based on the same principle. Basically you get to register your grievances directly to seniors. My PF was stuck since 7 months. The SLA of PF withdrawal is 3 months. After registering the grievance, my PF was credited to my account within 10 days !
Did you use the EPFO India website for logging your grievance or the regional website for EPFO Mumbai?

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 19th December 2011, 12:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

hey. thanks for this.

There are several times we comes across these issues and did not have a proper mechanism to get our woes addressed. I have also been using vodafone for almost 7 years now, even I am becoming very sick of their services. I had shifted to bangalore about 2 years ago and when I came here i was put up in a company guest house. So the vodafone connection was taken in that address. Post we getting an accomodation I had submitted proof of the new residence for updation. Result, no change. Same old address.

Post this, I had spoken to customer care several times and even complained on their stupid feedback calls of this and they told me very conveniently "saar, please walllk intp aar vadafone outlet and submit dacuments sar. Saarry for the same, we will update for suree..." and nothing happens. I have a vodafone outlet bang opposite my apartment, submitted the same several times and still no change.

Now take this. Recently there was government circular that everyone had to furnsih proof of residence, else connection will get disconnected. So obviously I went and gave a copy of my airtel landline bill, electricity copy, lease agreement and so on. And depsite all this, it is still not udpated. So where is the fault at. You cannot say I have not given the documents, because then I would have violated the government mandate and my connection would have been cut. So, you have got my documents, but have done nothing. As usual.

Mesage to Vodafone guys, if you are reading this. Your service is pathetic. Good service does not just mean telling a customer to walk into your stupid shops and submit the documents. Get trained staff or provide them good training, invest in some proper document management system, and that makes for good service. We do not have so much time in the world to take a bunch of documents, go to your shop, pick up a token and wait before I am called. All in all, I would have lost half an hour on this futile process! Wake up and offer good service
Old 19th December 2011, 12:21   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Did you use the EPFO India website for logging your grievance or the regional website for EPFO Mumbai?

Cheers,
Vikram
EPFO India's website. Once you click on the Grievance link, it'd ask you the office, account number, etc. In my case, they never reverted back but the grievance was addressed quickly. Apparently it's automatically mailed to the commissioner of the particular region.
kalpeshc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 12:24   #35
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,
Vikram
You can also use RTI Act 2005 to get the day wise progress on your PF withdrawal application. The staff will be on toes and will prepare a cheque within a week after receiving a simple application under RTI.

Cheers!
Irish
Irish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 13:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish
You can also use RTI Act 2005 to get the day wise progress on your PF withdrawal application. The staff will be on toes and will prepare a cheque within a week after receiving a simple application under RTI.
How do i raise an RTI, do i need to be physically present at the pf office or this could be done either online or from epfo office in bangalore?

Asking as the grivance is against pune epfo and i am in bangalore.
Old 19th December 2011, 14:15   #37
BHPian

Thanks GTO for posting such an important link and its really amazing to see the fast response at least the 1st step, in our locality Electronic City Phase-II, the road condition is pathetic and there are no agencies to complain, it does not come under BBMP and Gram Panchayet guys don't listen to us, just after reading your post I wrote to the portal explaining the road condition and our trouble, and guess what excluding the instant SMS and email confirmation of complaing I just got another email stating that the Complain has been transferred to Govt Of Karnataka and details of the officer who will be handeling the case. Here are the details -

Registration Number : GOVKN/E/2011/00798
Name Of Complainant : AVIJIT SARKAR
Date of Receipt : 19 Dec 2011
Received by : Government of Karnataka
Officer name : Shri C. Chandraiah,
Officer Designation : Deputy Secretary(Pers.&AR)
Contact Address : (Janaspandana Cell),
Visweswaraiah Tower,Ambedkar
Veedhi, Bangalore560001
Contact Number : 080-22860120
e-mail : prs-janaspandana@karnataka.gov.in
Current Status : RECEIVED THE GRIEVANCE

Lets see how it goes.
Old 19th December 2011, 14:15   #38
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers,
Vikram
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
How do i raise an RTI, do i need to be physically present at the pf office or this could be done either online or from epfo office in bangalore?

Asking as the grivance is against pune epfo and i am in bangalore.

Please discuss the queries related to the PF in the PF related thread.

You need to send (either in person or via Speed / Registered post) a simple application under RTI Act 2005. This application needs to be addressed to the related CPIO (Central Public Information Officer) of your PF office. If your PF office is located at Pune then here is the concerned person: "Shri N.K.Sakpal, RPFC II, Post Box No. 226, IInd Floor, Pune Cantonment Board Building, Golibar Maidan, Pune - 411 001"

The list of all the state wise CPIOs can be found on the PF website (http://epfindia.nic.in/rti_officers.html#mh)

Sample RTI application

<CPIO Details>

Sub: Application under RTI Act 2005

<Your queries goes here like:

1. Please provide the day wise status of my PF application (attached as annexure A1) dated <date> along with the concerned officer details.

2. Please provide me the turn around time prescribed by the PF department to finish such tasks.

3. Please provide me the action prescribed by the PF department for delaying such applications

3. Please provide me the name and contact details of the authority to whom I should complain against this delay >

<Your address+contact details in the end>

NOTE:Above mentioned queries are just draft, please modify them as per your case / requirement. I got my cheque prepared within 2 days after filing such RTI application. I also waited for more than 4 months prior to that.

Please PM for more details or if you do not get ANY response within 30 days after filing such an application

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 19th December 2011 at 14:22.
Irish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 18:52   #39
Senior - BHPian

GUYS, this PGPortal is a SUPER hit!!!!

My dad's loop mobile (mumbai) no. JUST didn't get ported! I wrote a letter, and it got ported within a week!!!!!!!!!!!
YAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
15th December 2011

Ref: Loop Mobile Nos. 9821xxxxxx and 9821xxxxxx

Dear Mr Mehta,

This is with reference to your email addressed to the authority of Department of Telecommunications (DOT) regarding your Mobile Number Portability related query.

We do value your decision to choose a preferential Operator in the freedom of choice of number portability that allows you to switch your mobile numbers from one mobile service provider to another without changing your current phone numbers.

As per our records your Loop Mobile number 9821xxxxxx has been already ported out with effect from 14/12/2011 as requested by you.

For Loop Mobile number 9821xxxxxx, we would request you to submit your port out application (UPC) LM772311 to your preferential Operator. The said UPC code is valid till 29/12/2011 (09:00:59 PM). On receipt of the your request towards Mobile Number Portability we re-assure you of smooth transition from our end.

We do regret that you have decided to terminate the services on the connection with us and hope to be of service sometime in the near future should you change your mind and become Loop Mobile again.

Should you require any further assistance, please call Mobile Assist on 198 (toll free) for service requests and complaints and for enquiries call 800 (toll free). Alternatively you can mail us on- mobile.assist@loopmobile.in.

Thanking You.

Yours truly,
For Loop Mobile (India) Ltd.

Nikhil Hate
Customer Service Delivery
Old 26th December 2011, 18:28   #40
BHPian

Well it does work

my MTNL landline instument had gone dead . All my complaint in the local exchange were being closed with out any resolution. After 1.5 months of trying my luck , I though why not give it a try.

Logged complain on 09/12/2011 was resolved with in 2 working days.

Thanks Rush !!

Heck You can also lodge complain against private limited companies , just select the reverent ministry.

When it gets routed through govt channel it gets addressed !! sad but true

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 26th December 2011 at 18:32.
Old 27th December 2011, 15:34   #41
BHPian

Unfortunately, for my passport issue this portal isn't helping. It's already more than a month since I raised that Grievance
Attached Thumbnails
Heard of pgportal.gov.in? About time you do-untitled.jpg  

Old 28th December 2011, 13:53   #42
Team-BHP Support

What a brilliant administration!!

I had a problem a couple of months ago at the BSNL office to get a broadband connection. The installer wanted a bribe that I refused to pay and he never came around to launch my connection. I was unhappy and cancelled my request for a broadband connection. I had a fight with the installer at the local BSNL office. A couple of weeks later, my land line went dead. Repeated phone calls to BSNL went unanswered. I launched a few complaints with them and they went unattended.

I had almost given up for the last 2 months until I stumbled upon this thread. Launched a complaint yesterday under DoT. This morning an officer was assigned to it and the complaint status changed to "Under Process". At 01:00 pm I got a call from home that linemen from BSNL have turned up and are fixing the issue. Winwinwin.

I'll update once they leave. Initial reports say that they are a bit grumpy and asking why we didn't tell them!

Great initiative by the government. And I am promoting this portal at work for their grievances.

Heard of pgportal.gov.in? About time you do-ss.jpg

EDIT: And the problem is fixed in less than 24 hours of launching a complaint.

Last edited by moralfibre : 28th December 2011 at 14:03.
moralfibre is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2011, 14:27   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
The pvt sector in India thinks that they can get away with anything, which is why you see cases like Harish's skoda lemon. Thats due to the inefficent judicial process in our country.
Its an old quote but I just had to reply since I heard of unbelievable news favouring the consumer. Come January or February when Parliament is in session a bill will be unanimously passed regarding consumer courts.

The modus operandi of companies in the consumer court thus far was to drag the case for so long that the litigant would get fed up and withdraw the case due to the huge expenses involved in lawyer fees. Once this bill is passed the companies will be at our doorstep to conclude the case at the earliest. The consumer on the other hand would want to drag on the case. My lips are sealed as far as contents of the bill are concerned as I promised the chief formulator of the bill that I would not divulge the contents till it becomes law.

There is going to be a revolution of sorts in the consumer courts and an increase in frivolous cases too because the jackpot is for everyone to have if the company errs minutely by way of procrastination.
Old 2nd July 2012, 03:50   #44
BHPian

Thanks GTO for introducing us to pgportal.
My passport application was stuck for last 6 months and was only resolved after lodging a greivance on pgportal . Kudos to all the folks running the show at www.pgportal.gov.in
Old 2nd July 2012, 11:35   #45
Senior - BHPian

Here's my experience to share; the pic says it all...

Complaint posted - Please look into this issue at earliest; it is getting increasingly difficult with half the work being done at 4th street 1st cross and 3rd street.

Heard of pgportal.gov.in? About time you do-p1.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks