Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2021, 13:19   #91
BHPian

Re: Heard of pgportal.gov.in? About time you do

Not so Good Experience So Far!

With all the posts on this thread I thought of using this portal for my MIL who has been facing issues with Bank Of India(BOI) for more than a year now.
Below is a background of what the issue is:

My FIL an ex BOI Staff expired on 10-Jan-2019, post that my MIL applied for Family pension account on 21-Jan-2019 and pension amount started getting credited to my FIL account.
To correct this MIL had multiple visits to the branch and the Family pension account was created on 19-Sep-2020 in my MIL name, however the pension amount is still being credited to FIL account.
Due to this incorrect state she has to file my IT returns of her husband (Imagine someone not alive is still filing IT returns and no one in Indian system cares about it).
Being a senior citizen she has had multiple visits even in this pandemic but the only thing she got was assurance that it would be corrected in next month's cycle.

We got her to our place when pandemic started as we didn't want her to live alone in this pandemic and it's not really convenient to go to BOI and follow up. Even then she has been to this bank couple of times but it's a waste of time.

Then I read of this portal over T-BHP and thought of giving it a try! I raised this issue end of November and this issue has been assigned to some lady Deputy General Manager since then.
Not even a single call over a month, I raised remainder over that issue couple of days back after this December pension was also credited in FIL account. Guess the top management of BOI is also the same, NOT interested in working at all!!

I've heard not so good things about Nationalized banks but BOI is the most pathetic in that.
They really don't care about what the other person is going through, they don't want to work but they want all the latest government benefits along with latest pay commission!!!

I am in full support of these banks being merged and for that matter give the operations to some private contractor where government still has control and people are happy.
Get these lazy people out of the bank which is ruining the experience of so many people!!

If this is happening to a ex BOI staff I can imagine what a regular customer must be going through!!
firstdrive is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 19:17   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdrive View Post

With all the posts on this thread I thought of [/b]
What a frustrating experience.
In case you have not yet made any headway, may I suggest you lodge a complaint with RBI Banking Ombudsman (https://cms.rbi.org.in/). I had complained against lack of response from SBI on repeated requests for a service banks are expected to provide.
Result was more than satisfactory and in double quick time
Rakkum13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 19:35   #93
BHPian

Quote:
I post 3 or 4 complaints in quick succession after the first one regarding a customs clearance delay on a parcel from aliexpress (before the Covid-19 era) resulted in quick action.
One complaint was about BESCOM removing essential complaint redressal and tracking from their site - it was forwarded to BESCOM for resolution, and they gave an evasive reply stating that they try to do their best. Apparently the complaint was resolved according to them.

Another one, again about the frequency power failures in my area was "resolved" by telling me that the problem was with the apartment builder using a low quality cable.

A third one about BETL not refunding my balance after moving to Fastag was brushed off by stating that BETL was not a government entity.

Basically, this portal, like all other government agencies, is just another drain on the taxpayers. They should shut it down and lower the petrol price with the savings.
mvadg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 19:48   #94
J4J
BHPian

Quote:
[/b]
Indeed a frustrating experience.

I have not faced such experience with banks but recently I faced a similar issue with my broadband.
My complaint was to be solved in 7 days but it took 2 months.

Sent few mails at 15th and 30th day to appellate authorities.
Even that didn't help. I got just the standard answer that they will solve at the earliest.

After 1.5 months, I got so frustrated that I mailed their customer care + appellate authorities that I would be sending daily progress updates. From that day, every evening just incremented the day counter and mailed the same mail. I had given up hope by then. Was waiting for my 3 months to get over and switch to other operator.
That worked. Within 2 days I got a call and within 1 week issue was fixed.
Everyday updates with seniors in cc probably got them to work as this may have got more visibility.
This was a private company. I don't know how this would work in a government company.

Last edited by J4J : 22nd February 2021 at 19:53.
Old 22nd February 2021, 20:38   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakkum13 View Post
What a frustrating experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Basically, this portal, like all other government agencies, is just another drain on the taxpayers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4J View Post
Indeed a frustrating experience.
Thanks for your feedback. Just to update my issue was resolved mentioning that they did not get any feedback from the local branch

To our surprise issue was resolved with February pension in correct account.

Maybe they did not want to log this issue anywhere and fix it at backend (man this IT experience makes me think of such solutions )
Old 5th October 2021, 07:14   #96
BHPian

My wife applied for her DL renewal and address change (MH smartcard to KA smartcard) and submitted all documents and forms duly filled this year at an RTO in Bangalore, besides uploading softcopies of the same. After 1 month it was still showing "Pending at RTO Auth". She logged a complaint at pgportal citing her application#, and requesting escalation and quick approval. Lets hope it works ...
vharihar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 13:10   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
My wife applied for her DL renewal and address change (MH smartcard to KA smartcard) and submitted all documents and forms duly filled this year at an RTO in Bangalore, besides uploading softcopies of the same. After 1 month it was still showing "Pending at RTO Auth". She logged a complaint at pgportal citing her application#, and requesting escalation and quick approval. Lets hope it works ...
Wow, this can't be a coincidence! Literally 5 hours after I logged the complaint at pgportal, the application status has now moved to "Printing of DL in Form 7 (SMART CARD)". Only dispatch is pending now!
vharihar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 20:29   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Wow, this can't be a coincidence! Literally 5 hours after I logged the complaint at pgportal, the application status has now moved to "Printing of DL in Form 7 (SMART CARD)". Only dispatch is pending now!
As stated in the quoted post, we logged a complaint at PGPORTAL about my wife's DL renewal application staying stuck, after which it moved to a state of "Dispatched Smartcard" literally 5 hours later. My wife also got the Speedpost trk#. But, it stayed stuck in this state for over 2 weeks, nor would the trk# track on Speedpost website, complaining about invalid consignment#! We felt it was time to do a PGPORTAL thing again. There's a Reminder thing on it when you pull up your grievance (I wish they'd change that name, sounds morose), we tried that. And viola, it was dispatched that same day. This happened 2 days ago, yesterday was Valmiki Jayanti public holiday, and the DL got delivered today. This is unbelievably good
vharihar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 12:47   #99
BHPian

Quote:
My FIL an ex BOI Staff expired on 10-Jan-2019, post that my MIL applied for Family pension account on 21-Jan-2019 and pension amount started getting credited to my FIL account.
To correct this MIL had multiple visits to the branch and the Family pension account was created on 19-Sep-2020 in my MIL name, however the pension amount is still being credited to FIL account.
Then I read of this portal over T-BHP and thought of giving it a try! I raised this issue end of November and this issue has been assigned to some lady Deputy General ...
Strange! On the contrary, I used PGPORTAL in Feb 2022 with very good success for my mother's family pension application (after good success with DL renewals).

Timeline:
Father passed away in Sep 2021.

Mother applied for family pension in late Oct 2021.

PGPORTAL complaint filed on Jan 27th (after having waited over 3 months with no luck)

PCDA writes to CPPC on Feb 17th (copy of that letter uploaded in PGPORTAL, that we got email intimation about)

Mother's family pension started on Feb 18th
vharihar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2023, 19:09   #100
BHPian

Poor Experience with MoRTH/RTO
With my driving license stuck at the "pending for printing" stage since Dec. 2022, I raised a complaint on PG Portal in March 2023. In a matter of 2-3 days, it was forwarded to the RTO by the nodal officer. But since then there has been zero progress. The 30-day resolution timeframe stated in the PG portal does not seem to mean anything. I added a reminder there in the last week of April and even sent an email to the state-level nodal officer. The officer simply said the grievance has been forwarded to the RTO but a request to remind the RTO did not yield results.

I am now contemplating my next step - apparently, I can raise it to the next level i.e., Directorate of Public Grievances. Just wondering if there would be any negative consequences of escalating further.
Old 18th May 2023, 02:02   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gischethans View Post
Poor Experience with MoRTH/RTO
With my driving license stuck at the "pending for printing" stage since Dec. 2022, I raised a complaint on PG Portal in March 2023. In a matter of 2-3 days, it was forwarded to the RTO by the nodal officer. But since then there has been zero progress. The 30-day resolution timeframe stated in the PG portal does not seem to mean anything.
Peculiarity of your issue is that you are raising a complaint pertaining to state govt (RTOs falls under state govt) on Central Government Public Grievance And Redressal (CPGRAM). The max they can do is forward your complaint to the state RTO.

My suggestion to you is not to keep your hopes high for a resolution from CPGRAM. Instead, approach something like CM Window or State Transport Minister. If you can share the state/district of RTO matter, members may be able to help you better.
Grr7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 06:11   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gischethans View Post
With my driving license stuck at the "pending for printing" stage since Dec. 2022.
Not sure if you have done it yet, but if not, do file an RTI application with the RTO concerned. Send the request through 'Registered Post-Acknowledgement Due' and not online (even if there is a provision).

You will certainly receive your DL very soon.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 08:45   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
My suggestion to you is not to keep your hopes high for a resolution from CPGRAM. Instead, approach something like CM Window or State Transport Minister. If you can share the state/district of RTO matter, members may be able to help you better.
I see. My issue pertains to Karnataka / Udupi - KA20 RTO. I came across https://ipgrs.karnataka.gov.in/ which is where my CPGRAMS grievance also shows up but I didn't see a provision to file one pertaining to RTO there. However, I registered on the website today and there were a lot of options to choose including various Transport Department services. The status is now Grievance has been registered and assigned to DCT & Sr.RTO/RTO/ARTO - UDUPI.

I will post updates as and when I receive them. Thank you very much.
gischethans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 09:19   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

I have an issue with BESCOM. They are taking wrong readings of the house meter. The start KWH on the bill is more than what is shown on the meter.

For example, Meter shows 3500 KWH, the bill says start is 3570 and end as 3700. So what happens is the next month the meter reading would not have crossed 3700 and the bill will show a minimum usage. Again the cycle repeats for the next months. I am not able to get any proper response from AEE, JE from the local BESCOM office. How do I escalate this? Is PGPortal useful for this issue?

Thanks
Old 19th May 2023, 10:04   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I am not able to get any proper response from AEE, JE from the local BESCOM office. How do I escalate this? Is PGPortal useful for this issue?
We had this issue of meter readings being wrong but the reason was our meter is inside a locked box. The reader was lazy to wait until the digital meter showed the units consumed - the display shows multiple values one after another like voltage, phase etc. If yours is this case, you could have a word with the meter reader and place the key in an accessible location.

Coming to PG Portal, you might be better off by logging a grievance in the Karnataka state government's https://ipgrs.karnataka.gov.in/. Search for BESCOM in the grievance information dropdown post-login.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks