Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2010, 10:18   #4996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkin evoisrevo View Post
Strange that someone from teambhp would drive talking on his phone, and without seatbelts.
He is probably not a forum member, and must have got the sticker from someone.
WHY? does T-BHP require that only the safest drivers can register on this forum?

in this forum, we talk about road safety, lane discipline, driving manners, ethics & what not, agreed. but how many of us actually follows all that? have we ever done a reality check???
Old 13th June 2010, 10:35   #4997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
If you guys are pointing to me, let me tell you that I never made any comment that this person was driving rash or slow or whatever.

This fellow was on the phone, smiling and all, holding the phone in his right hand and driving. I saw that and then saw the T-Bhp sticker and hence mentioned it here. Any problem with that for you two?

Sorry, but i don't buy your argument of "settling then and there" funda. I am neither jobless nor the Police to do that. I am on the road, i noticed this happening on the go and managed to take a snap while the signal was red. It was drizzling, as you can see from the pic, and the last thing i want to do would be getting wet in the rain and teaching a moron that he is not supposed to use a mobile phone while driving, with the traffic from behind honking to glory.

Maybe people like you can risk it, Good luck!
no body is pointing any fingers at one. Rather judging people for their actions on road has become a general trend here

im not against safe driving or what not. But we are living in a country where even if you give your 100% while driving others will not oblige on road to put it in other words there is no suitable "moderation" on roads.

on a lighter note.

spotted a black i20 with the redline sticker with the number ending 8 inside MSR campus. Identify yourself if a member here .
Old 13th June 2010, 11:25   #4998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, this thread is supposed to be an extension of friendly encounters on the road, as happens between TBHP-ians. If anybody has observed an incorrect driving habit of another person who's car has a TBHP sticker, please let it be : we dont know what was happening at that time. For all you know you caught him at one of his wrong moments.
I agree on this. This thread is ment for spotting fellow bhpian on the road. Lets not pin point and start criticizing him/her here on the forum which will absolutely do no good .

@ kaushik_s: Totally agree with you: "emergency situations when one is forced to drive fast and we would never know why someone is driving like that(unless you see that person everyday driving like that)"

I myself spotted couple of cars that had team bhp stickers and were zooming on the roads cutting lanes, i thought that there could be a reason for him to rip. Maybe he is late or had to rush to something emergency.

Anyways, fellow bhpian's Lets keep the spotting on and these things copuld be a one off case/instance.

Happy Spotting's

Last edited by sajands : 13th June 2010 at 11:25. Reason: had to correct the spellings
Old 13th June 2010, 11:41   #4999
BHPian

spotted this alto KA 19 Z XXXX near AJ hospital flyover (Mangalore) 2 days back.
it had a got bhp? sticker on the rear bumper.

Who was it?
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-13444_10150183721155234_897900233_12890402_4498659_n.jpg  

Old 13th June 2010, 15:30   #5000
BHPian

Spotted CorsaLove (aka Gautam) with his i20. Stopped by and had a small little hi/bye chat. Good meeting you mate.

A Honda City with a huge ferrari logo on the bonnet, are you a BHPian. A Lady was driving the car and you were on the navigator seat in Jayanagar 9th Block. I guess the lady saw the sticker on my car and indicated it to you and you were trying to figure out where the sticker was...
Old 13th June 2010, 15:43   #5001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
WHY? does T-BHP require that only the safest drivers can register on this forum?

in this forum, we talk about road safety, lane discipline, driving manners, ethics & what not, agreed. but how many of us actually follows all that? have we ever done a reality check???
As far as I am concerned, I have forced my Dad to follow these rules, and when I'm old enough to drive, I too will.

It is not about T-BHP requiring only the safest drivers to registering on the forum. Even an educated non-TBHpian would know that talking on a phone while driving and driving without fastening one's belt are both illegal and unsafe, but still, many people do not follow these rules. I believe(d) that forums like TBHP could make people understand how important it is to follow these basic rules.
Old 13th June 2010, 18:49   #5002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Guys, this thread is supposed to be an extension of friendly encounters on the road, as happens between TBHP-ians. If anybody has observed an incorrect driving habit of another person who's car has a TBHP sticker, please let it be : we dont know what was happening at that time. For all you know you caught him at one of his wrong moments.
+1

I had already observed this long while ago. Why do we ever need to write something like this " Spotted XYZ, dude you were driving very well/why did you have to cut me like that etc etc etc "

I feel we should restrict this thread to ONLY spottings and pics of the stickers on vehicles, and nothing beyond, unless its an act really worth to compliment ! For complains, try to spot him/her again and have a direct encounter !
Old 13th June 2010, 18:56   #5003
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a Silver colored Alto LXi, from Lakshmi mills junction, at around 1 45 PM, with LTD sticker on LHS of rear bumper. I was following you in my red ZEN till stadium. Identify yourself.
Old 13th June 2010, 23:51   #5004
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this Team-BHPian's car more because of the RUSH sticker on the windshield than the small Team-BHP one on the front number plate.

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-1.jpg

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-.jpg

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-b.jpg

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-c.jpg

Last edited by v12 : 14th June 2010 at 00:13.
Old 14th June 2010, 00:02   #5005
Senior - BHPian

lol v12 aint that GTO's jeep?
Old 14th June 2010, 00:05   #5006
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Whoa! Nice picture V12. You should have called!!! What were you doing on Alta Mount this afternoon?

BTW, I do have the same Live to Drive sticker on the Jeep's rear bumper.
Old 14th June 2010, 00:17   #5007
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
A Honda City with a huge ferrari logo on the bonnet, are you a BHPian. A Lady was driving the car and you were on the navigator seat in Jayanagar 9th Block. I guess the lady saw the sticker on my car and indicated it to you and you were trying to figure out where the sticker was...
That is our car That was my sister driving (or maybe my mom). The passenger HAD to be my dad. If I was in the car, I would be driving

I also saw a black i10 today. Followed you from Jayanagar till Banashankari BDA complex. You have one Live to Drive sticker on the left side, one t-bhp sticker on the number plate and another TBHP sticker on the right side. I was in the red Getz behind you.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 14th June 2010 at 00:18.
Old 14th June 2010, 00:54   #5008
BHPian

Never posted on this thread, so heres my 1st post here

- Saw a black ford ikon at around 8pm at Worli (taking a u-turn after rakhangi) yesterday (Sat).

- Always see a light blue OHC parked very near i stay (Worli) with a huge bhp sticker on the windshield (dont remember front or back). Lets have a meet since we stay so close by

Last edited by Xehaust : 14th June 2010 at 00:55.
Old 14th June 2010, 01:24   #5009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you guys are pointing to me, let me tell you that I never made any comment that this person was driving rash or slow or whatever.
1st things first, it was not for you. Just an instantaneous reply after seeing many "Holier than thou" posts. Not for you post as I've not even noticed that part of your post.

Quote:
This fellow was on the phone, smiling and all, holding the phone in his right hand and driving. I saw that and then saw the T-Bhp sticker and hence mentioned it here. Any problem with that for you two?
No problem mate, cool down. It was not for your post anyway.

Quote:
Sorry, but i don't buy your argument of "settling then and there" funda. I am neither jobless nor the Police to do that. I am on the road, i noticed this happening on the go and managed to take a snap while the signal was red. It was drizzling, as you can see from the pic, and the last thing i want to do would be getting wet in the rain and teaching a moron that he is not supposed to use a mobile phone while driving, with the traffic from behind honking to glory.

Maybe people like you can risk it, Good luck!
I do and thank you for your wishes. And also you might've missed the "if possible" in my statement. Sometimes ignoring a word or two gives a whole different meaning to some things. Anway, thanks for judging me just by reading a post in a different way that too meant for something else. Thanks.

@Mods: I know this post is off topic but I just wanted to clear myself so that DRIV3R doesn't end up having a wrong impression about my post.

No sighting today as I was at home whole day watching movies/football.

Last edited by kaushik_s : 14th June 2010 at 01:26.
Old 14th June 2010, 01:30   #5010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
That is our car That was my sister driving (or maybe my mom). The passenger HAD to be my dad. If I was in the car, I would be driving
Guess it was your Dad. I thought of getting down and saying a Hi!, but since a lady was driving and daughter was acting cranky, moved on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks