Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2010, 15:00   #4966
BHPian

Saw a dark blue Alto with a couple of team bhp stickers (I think one was the Live to Drive one). This morning just before 11 on Road No.2, BH on the stretch from LV Prasad to Checkpost. Waved as I overtook but you didn't notice.
Old 11th June 2010, 15:03   #4967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
IronHawk, +1 on all the things you've mentioned. I have seen many people sporting Team-BHP stickers and drive like crazy.
Lets not start that debate again,lots of bhpians drive that way.
And Yes,there should be something like,one cant purchase stickers before having,say a 100 Posts.
But what will you do about borrowed stickers?
I have quite a few Tbhp stickers with me lying idle,and my cousin came and flicked a few.
Old 11th June 2010, 15:04   #4968
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted a silver coloured swift last night at 9:45pm on the bombay bandra worli sealink with the teambhp tacho sticker heading towards bandra.
Old 11th June 2010, 15:05   #4969
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a Blue i20 on ORR, close to Sarjapur Road signal yesterday evening around 5.30PM. It had the Live to Drive sticker in the center on the rear bumper.
Old 11th June 2010, 16:38   #4970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Lets not start that debate again,lots of bhpians drive that way.
And Yes,there should be something like,one cant purchase stickers before having,say a 100 Posts.
so that's it? lot of BHPians drive that way so let's not waste our time talking about it? shouldn't we do something about it? Team-BHP should not just be a community in realm of 1s and 0s - it should contribute to the society. i'm sure there are at least 50 BHPians in the major cities in India. these BHPians driving safe and abiding by the law on the roads can influence others to follow suit and so on and so forth!

why do we put them stickers on our rides? to show off our rides or to let people know that we're part of something bigger than all of us, giving something back to the vehicle enthusiast and the community as a whole and we're proud to be a part of it!

your suggestion of the 100 post thingy sounds good! that's a start. lets report BHPians cars driven rashly and let that BHPian be warned and if the incident is repeated, let him/her membership be revoked. maybe we could have a "Hall of Shame" (if not already existing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
But what will you do about borrowed stickers?
I have quite a few Tbhp stickers with me lying idle,and my cousin came and flicked a few.
i had ordered two sets of stickers and i still have with me almost half if it. many of my friends and neighbours have asked me for these after seeing them on my car but i've not given out any. reason? i know they're bad drivers (or at least i cannot vouch for their driving/riding skills) and i will not be a cause to have a Team-BHP sticker on a vehicle that's rashly driven! period!

PS: don't flame me for these ideas!
Old 11th June 2010, 17:47   #4971
Senior - BHPian

saw this Indica Vista near HP office in CVR.

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-imag0495.jpg

i had come there to pick up my wife and i was parked right behind it.

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-imag0496.jpg
Old 11th June 2010, 19:33   #4972
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a silver Ritz TN 07 registration around 3ish at Velachery Vijayanagar signal & stopped after half a KM to wave at you only to realize that you'd a driver driving the car. Pls identify yourself.

PS - The car was driven damn slow
Old 11th June 2010, 19:44   #4973
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

your suggestion of the 100 post thingy sounds good! that's a start. lets report BHPians cars driven rashly and let that BHPian be warned and if the incident is repeated, let him/her membership be revoked. maybe we could have a "Hall of Shame" (if not already existing).
Noble thoughts. BUT, who will decide who drives badly and rashly? It's words against words and will lead to unnecessary fights.

Also a guy with 1000 posts MAY be a bad driver whereas a newbie maybe the safest! Who's to judge?
Old 11th June 2010, 19:54   #4974
BHPian

Quote:
lets report BHPians cars driven rashly and let that BHPian be warned and if the incident is repeated, let him/her membership be revoked. maybe we could have a "Hall of Shame" (if not already existing).
I find this hilarious . Now "infractions" are Off the forum as well ?
I wonder who gets to be the "judge/jury/executioner".

Nothing against you personally.
But aren't you blokes taking this forum thing a bit too seriously ?

Anyway this is not topic for the "aam janatha" (Common man)

Quote:
14. While the Team-BHP Support takes decisions only with a community-centric attitude, public threads / discussions on Administrative decisions, moderator actions, portal costs, advertising & finances are not permitted. For any clarifications, BHPians are free to use the "contact us" form.
Cheers
--rj

Last edited by yzfrj : 11th June 2010 at 20:02.
Old 11th June 2010, 20:04   #4975
BHPian

Spotted a Black Hyundai i10 AP9 BN XXXX, sporting I DRIVE SAFE & Transparent Team-BHP sticker at DLF Cyber City Gachibowli Open Parking.
Old 11th June 2010, 20:21   #4976
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a ford ikon (metallic gold) on BTM 29th main road today evening at around 5. Reg number read KA05 MB XXXX, it had I drive safe sticker below rear number plate and love cars live cars sticker on rear bumper right side. Who is this BHPian?
Old 11th June 2010, 20:34   #4977
BHPian

Quote:
why do we put them stickers on our rides? to show off our rides or to let people know that we're part of something bigger than all of us, giving something back to the vehicle enthusiast and the community as a whole and we're proud to be a part of it!
Good thinking. I shall post a 100 posts ASAP. My dad's driving is pretty decent. I'll see if I can get some stickers for his car.
Quote:

i had ordered two sets of stickers and i still have with me almost half if it. many of my friends and neighbours have asked me for these after seeing them on my car but i've not given out any. reason? i know they're bad drivers (or at least i cannot vouch for their driving/riding skills) and i will not be a cause to have a Team-BHP sticker on a vehicle that's rashly driven! period!
Could you 'gift' me one if you don't mind??
Quote:
saw this Indica Vista near HP office in CVR.
Pic 2 looks really good, 2 LTDs.

BTW- I spot n mouli's Elantra almost whenever I pass Tippasandra or whatever the area is called, always parked in front of Miranda schools. He probably lives there.
I saw it driving about today, and I must say, it looked really good with all those TBHP stickers. I shall try and establish contact with him today.

Last edited by Arkin evoisrevo : 11th June 2010 at 20:35.
Old 11th June 2010, 20:34   #4978
BHPian

Today between 6:30 pm and 7:00 pm I've spotted three cars with T-Bhp stickers.

1. I was coming down from Hiranandani Powai towards LBS marg. Just before hitting Cafe Coffee day signal and took a left one pinkish red coloured Hyundai Accent was parked on the left side of the road. The car was with Live to Drive sticker.

2. Crossed the Powai bridge to take Eastern Express Highway, crossed the signal found a Black Chevy Roadster with Live Car, Love Car sticker

Could not got a chance to take photo.

3. The third one was spotted at Airoli, this time I took a photo. I was just behind this car, flashed twice, but got no response. The TBhpian over took the NMMT Volvo bus and went ahead.

Team-BHP Stickers are here! Post sightings & pics of them on your car-11062010001.jpg

Guys please identify yourselves.
Old 11th June 2010, 21:17   #4979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Noble thoughts. BUT, who will decide who drives badly and rashly? It's words against words and will lead to unnecessary fights.

Also a guy with 1000 posts MAY be a bad driver whereas a newbie maybe the safest! Who's to judge?
your argument holds water, but there has gotta be some way to enforce it. its up to Team-BHPians to enforce the rules - some sort of self regulation. the reason i guess for the 100 post thingy is that by the time you reach 100 posts, you would have learned to follow the rules of the forum (hopefully) and respect the members and their views.

i know we cannot come up with the Rules & Regulations in a very short time (Rome was not built in a day, remember). the community will need to brainstorm about this to come out with ideas and of course the management and the mods of Team-BHP has the final say

personally, if these stickers are just meant to let others know you're part of a forum, rather than a symbol of responsible citizens who lead by example (at least on the roads), i don't find them any different than the "A/C Car No Hand Signal" sticker on a cab and hence no reason to put them up on my rides.

IMHO.
Old 11th June 2010, 21:45   #4980
BHPian

Spotted Gomzi's WagonR at Vasant Vihar today evening. Come on, put a sticker to your Indigo so that I can spot it too

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks