Team-BHP - Team-BHPians and their Pets
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Team-BHPians and their Pets (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1153-team-bhpians-their-pets-16.html)

A few feline members of my household (there are more):

This is about all they do: Sleep. Eat, Brush Fur, Sleep, Eat...

Here is our labrador retriever..Wanted to upload his photos for a long time..could only do it now.

I have a Terrier Cross Bread and its what my world is..

This is Pepsi.
Our 3.5 years old Lab.

I got my wife a pup yesterday..He's such a cute fellow! Mix b/w a Lab & a Daschund. Wierd,right? Well,I wanted to surprise my wife with a pup,and as soon as I saw the listing for these pups,I went over and picked up the chubby & passive one of the lot. He was called Butterscotch, but we've decided to call him Joey. He's getting used to us,and our other dog Leo.
Some pics taken y'day..I'll take some better pics tonight.

Leo & Joey..

Leo during our long weekend trip..

The lil fellas..

[/quote]

:D Sorry No offence meant to anyone but i just could'nt resist this one!! :D

Lotsa guys here have pets...so here is a question.

HOW DO U TRAIN THEM!!??

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247 (Post 646559)

HOW DO U TRAIN THEM!!??

Well,there are many ways to train pets,especially dogs.
For starters,you need a lot of will-power & tonnes of patience. Its not an easy task,and the key is repetition.Your pet needs to understand what you are trying to get them to do.They need to be rewarded everytime they do it right. If you try to punish them,they can get aggressive or stubborn and not learn at all.
Easiest commands are 'sit & stand'. Making a dog fetch takes quite some time,and depending on the breed the results vary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247 (Post 646559)

HOW DO U TRAIN THEM!!??

As Nitin put it ... one has to be patient while doing the training as it can get frustrating at times . But then again there are a few basics that one needs to know -- specially that the dog responds more to hand signals than to voice commands , also the tone of the voice is what the dog understands so you need to differentiate between anger - love - etc etc with the change in voice .

Some commands are taught by enacting them yourself and then the dog wud follow ... specially the roll over command . So its all about experience -- what may work with you may not work with me .

Btw , Im adopting 2 more dogs and should have them come to my home in Jan some time as they at present are just a week old .

Nitin @ why do u put ur dog in that jacket .... usually dogs don't like it and IMHO it makes dogs look pretty sissy :)

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 643220)

:D Sorry No offence meant to anyone but i just could'nt resist this one!! :D[/quote]

I wonder who you referring to as the pets ....:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 643194)

Extremely cute puppy!

P.S. I really wonder how a Dasch managed to get it on with a Lab or vice versa. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaadu75 (Post 646945)

Nitin @ why do u put ur dog in that jacket .... usually dogs don't like it and IMHO it makes dogs look pretty sissy :)

Cheers

@ Khaadu..the jacket keeps them warm. Here,most people end up getting their pets winter 'clothes',since the frost & the wind chill end up affecting the pet's health.Leo's even got a cuodroy jacket now..

@ Bass & trouble.. I think a step-stool was involved, or the lab (mommy) was flat out on the ground,when happy little papa decided to give things a try.lol:

Finally I got to post picture of my BEST HALF...
My beautiful Babe Ruby...
Had just given her a bath..did not have her towel ready..so put her an old t-shirt to dry her off!!

[COLOR=#22229c][/COLOR]

Thats cute,babe_on_wheels.
This is what my lil fella looks like after he's had a bath. He goes rolling on the carpet,trying to shake off the water from his ears. I managed to get this funny pic of him..