Team-BHP - Team-BHPians and their Pets
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Team-BHPians and their Pets (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1153-team-bhpians-their-pets-10.html)

My friends just rescued an extemely loving Male St. Bernard who looks just like the one in Kaadu's pic. Hes exteremly loving but suffers from eppilepsy. My friend rescued him from the dog pound as his owners obviously left him as they did'nt want to take care of him. His medicines dont cost anything and from the last 4 months taht he is in my friends care, hes never had a fit or an attack. That means that the previous guys didnt even want to pay for his meagre medicines. I frankly cant understand why people want to buy such flashy pets (maybe it is flashy) and then dump em for the slightest problem.
Well the reason for this whole thing is that my friend has a small flat and already has a dog of her own so she will only give him away to a really loving family (and be ready for a screening from her) of else will keep him as she is already doing. I meet them regularly as she takes her dogs for a late evening walk everyday and believe u me, hes the mildest dog anyone has ever seen. So PM me if anyone is interested and ill fwd her no to you.

My cat Gauri (Well, its more like I'm her human). She's the umpteenth grand-daughter of a stray I adopted years back. In fact nearly all the 12ish (regular) cats in my home can trace their roots back to that cat.

KHAADU Thats really a nice thing you've done with getting shadow home!!! and hey nice pics ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 358532)
My friends just rescued an extemely loving Male St. Bernard who looks just like the one in Kaadu's pic. Hes exteremly loving but suffers from eppilepsy. My friend rescued him from the dog pound as his owners obviously left him as they did'nt want to take care of him. His medicines dont cost anything and from the last 4 months taht he is in my friends care, hes never had a fit or an attack. That means that the previous guys didnt even want to pay for his meagre medicines. I frankly cant understand why people want to buy such flashy pets (maybe it is flashy) and then dump em for the slightest problem.
Well the reason for this whole thing is that my friend has a small flat and already has a dog of her own so she will only give him away to a really loving family (and be ready for a screening from her) of else will keep him as she is already doing. I meet them regularly as she takes her dogs for a late evening walk everyday and believe u me, hes the mildest dog anyone has ever seen. So PM me if anyone is interested and ill fwd her no to you.

Hey, I totally agree with you about pets being acquired as a status symbol :Frustrati !! Its the same case with the ex-owners of Shadow as well . I will try and get him to what he actually shud be like for his age , and also work on his hind legs and try and make them strong before sending him to my farm in Himcahal as thats where he wud really dwell well -- and not the heat of Delhi .

As for your friends Bernard .. Ask her to give me a call and if we can work out something , maybe I wudn't mind takling him aboard as well . The only thing I would like to see is the age factor as I wudnt want the two of them fighting and creating havoc . Wud luv to see some pics of ur friends Bernie !!! :)

Cheers

PS -- I already have one dog back in Himachal .... and some of you may remember him as the one whos adopted a cat ( Sam is witness to that ) .... just to re fresh ur memories ...

Well seems like he's a found a good home Saazid!! Shadow be good to your beer-guzzling master as he'll take great care of you!! I hope to see the new kid in the family on my next trip Saazid, better feed him really well till then!

Raghava, Thanx for finding this pic for me -- !! AS for the feeding part , dont worry -- Will make sure he gets what he deserves , THE LOVE & ATTENTION !!

Will definitely make you meet him soon ..... ;-) !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaadu75 (Post 358497)
Guys, Just got a new addition to my family .... Infact I adopted him as the previous owner had really ill treated him . Hes 1 yr old ( approx ) .. all bones ... tail cut off ( no reason given ) ... and has a rod in the rear right leg !!!

So when I heard about this from my fdriend whos a Vet .. I decided to just get him away from the owners . After 3 weeks of negotiations ( literally ), as they wanted another pup or 35K for giving it away ( CAN U FRIGGING BELIEVE THAT ) , I finally got him today for nothing .

Will keep you guys posted about him as he gets better and stronger .......

More as the days go by .......... BTW - Hes named SHADOW !!

Good Work Khaadu!!!

It really makes me mad when people dont treat animals well or get pets as a status symbol...

I was a pet owner for roughly 2 months when I was 11. I bought this non-pedigreed pup for 1 rupee from my neighbour. I took care of it so well, I even fed my share of milk to it. Two months later it started looking like a thoroughbred, and it went missing. I later found out that the same neighbour stole it back (thinking he undersold it) and resold it to someone else.

I see so many dogs are having white-eye effect to flash photography, use the redeye feature in your camera. If you want to remove white-eye, use this link: Graphic Reporter, graphic design tutorials

Quote:

Originally Posted by khaadu75 (Post 358537)
As for your friends Bernard .. Ask her to give me a call and if we can work out something , maybe I wudn't mind takling him aboard as well . The only thing I would like to see is the age factor as I wudnt want the two of them fighting and creating havoc . Wud luv to see some pics of ur friends Bernie !!! :)

Sure thing mate, ill ask Anupama or Brijesh ( her husband) to call u. Pl pm me ur no. And dont worry about ighting, hes as docile as a cow...he plays with my boxer all the time and lives with a live wire cocker spaniel and still manages to be calm. Ive seen both these dogs bug his life out ( i know how hyper a boxer and a spaniel can be) and he just looks at them like a doting father. Ill post some pics soon

@Khaadu - thats a nice handsome looking dog !!

Thanx guys .... I wish I cud set up a BIGGER SHELTER for the abandoned dogs out there . Not like the fraud shelters working under the guise of NGOs !!

Cheers

a couple of months ago some kids in my neighourhood found a dog (a Lahsaapso) in a park near my place so when i saw that she was in a bad shape (the kids told me that its been a week since they found her) i took her home and took care of her for a couple of days and waited for the owner to turn up but it was quite obvious that they did not want her back and as it was not easy for me to keep her (already have a female dog at home) so i called up my friend Shivam `Fellow Bhpian` to ask wether he is willing to adopt her and as soon as i kept the phone down he was there to take her home.
its been three months now and maggi (yup thats her name now) is much healthier now and i am glad that she finally found a loving home.!

Merlin... 1999~2006

We lost him this Oct. Though we've kept always had pets, we've never had one quite like Merlin. An Irish Setter, he was fill of life and energy. "Hyper" was a word often used to describe him.

And boy... the adventures he had... How many dogs do you know that disappeared and were found 6 days later, locked in a Police cell... Its a long story :). But such was his life, never a dull moment. In fact, most people who spent enough time around him, agreed that he was unlike any 'dog' they had seen as he was strangely intuitive and communicative.

khaddu75 Sir i salute you !. its one the sweetest things in the world what you have just done !. thats a lovely lovely doggie aww too cute.. But what kind of people can do this to a dog is shocking !!!
anyways here are a couple of pics of my baby.. just got him 2 months old albino boxer.. :)

thats it people.. hes a little monster.. a cute cute monster. Al the furniture in my house is already reeling from his daily attacks hehe.. I love doggies.
P.S I think this thread needs a sticky !!!!
boom
This thread made me smile.. good on ya everyone :)

it my opinion that all of us that want dogs as pets can pick em off the streets . ull be doin urself , ur dog and ur country a great service . u can pick them at various stages of growth , like i picked up my guy frm the street when he was 2 months old . had a black ring shapped pattern of colouration on his fur so i named him Ringo :D . my girlfriend loved him so much that she picked up another stray pup out of the blue one day just as i was about to drop her home at 12 am !!! i have nothin against breeded dogs have had poms , dobermans and alsations before but i find no difference in behaviour or mentally between my desi baba and the rest . it all depends on how he's brought up . just like kids . i find this breed thing very racist . just like we humans are .