Team-BHP - Team-BHPians and their Pets
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Team-BHPians and their Pets (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/1153-team-bhpians-their-pets-369.html)

Mine gets down any time some other street dog approaches as she’s afraid they will pee on the Scorpio’s tyres. Every time we reach the car she will sniff the tyres carefully before she gets in.

She loves traveling in the back seat between my wife and son or between our two kids.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesyeswe (Post 4922009)
Whenever he hears the unlocking/locking sounds of the central locking he rushes out into the garage and thinks i'm leaving without him, he tries every time to get into the car, and if he gets in he doesn't come out, if i pull him he lies down and growls at me as well. I have to play cat meow sounds on youtube to make him come out.

That's hilarious! lol:

Wonderful story, with a great pic of a very fed-up-looking dog!

I've found that, with many of my cats, they detest the journey to the vet, but on the way home, they seem to relax.

Stopped by the beach last Friday. A few hours of play at the dog beach made it such a pleasant day for me. The boys had a blast.
Team-BHPians and their Pets-beach.jpg

An update on the prince. Sherdil is growing well and is now 8 months old and 5kg in weight.
Looks royal, doesn't he:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrodrive (Post 4932662)
Looks royal, doesn't he

Royal, my word, he’s really regal and knows it :thumbs up

What an unusual coat on him, like a Leopard, where did you get him from?

Three cheers for Sherdil!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyborg (Post 4932930)
Royal, my word, he’s really regal and knows it :thumbs up

What an unusual coat on him, like a Leopard, where did you get him from?

Three cheers for Sherdil!

Haha ya looks like he knows it:). But he is only the prince, not the king yet. Got some more growing up to do.
Thanks ! He is home born, at my place.
Here is a pic of his dad, the actual king. He is from the Ukraine/ Dakota lines

So here is my cat friendly Rottweiler

We struggle with Tipsy in winter to make him wear something warm around him, the moment we put it on he goes into limp mode.

What to do, any suggestions?

Team-BHPians and their Pets-img_20201208_095556.jpg
Tipsy with his scroll next to him.

Team-BHPians and their Pets-imageuploadedbyteambhp1607402937.750973.jpg

Here is my 3 month old Indie pup SPARK whom we adopted. She was part of litter that was rescued from near Bangalore airport. Very energetic and I must say smart.

I am facing one issue while we take her in the car. She gets very timid and just lies down and vomits after sometime and that is with few minutes of city driving. Any suggestions on this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinod_nair (Post 4949230)
We struggle with Tipsy in winter to make him wear something warm around him, the moment we put it on he goes into limp mode.

What to do, any suggestions?

Dogs go to limp mode whenever we try anything new with them, but don't worry they recover easily, so put on that sweater and let him get comfortable with it, after a while he will get normal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raaj.bhalla (Post 4949252)

I am facing one issue while we take her in the car. She gets very timid and just lies down and vomits after sometime and that is with few minutes of city driving. Any suggestions on this?

Almost every dog behaves differently in cars, mine loves to sit in when the car is stationary, while on the move he howls and whines and has vomited sometimes as well. Some dogs love to travel and look out of the window.

What my vet suggested was to not feed him before car rides so that's what i do, you can try that. Make someone sit next to him on the back seat to make him feel comfortable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yesyeswe (Post 4949269)
Dogs go to limp mode whenever we try anything new with them, but don't worry they recover easily, so put on that sweater and let him get comfortable with it, after a while he will get normal.

Thanks for the suggestion, this chore is faced every winter, the moment we take it off, he plays with it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by yesyeswe (Post 4949269)
every dog behaves differently in cars, mine loves to sit in when the car is stationary, while on the move he howls and whines and has vomited sometimes as well. Some dogs love to travel and look out of the window.

What my vet suggested was to not feed him before car rides so that's what i do, you can try that. Make someone sit next to him on the back seat to make him feel comfortable.

Bingo, thankfully mine doesn't have motion sickness, has a blast barking at everything with 4 legs.

Quote:

Cute kiddo. A question back at you - why do you feel the need to take her in the car (other than vet visits, etc)?

My parents have a indie who loves to jump on to the car, but hates long distance travel and vomits if we go at higher speeds (>70 kmph). But apart from the occasional circle around the area to just appease him, we have stopped taking him on the car. He still jumps into the car every time we open the door though.

Everyone is happy with this arrangement currently. Although we would have loved to have the alternative situation where we could have taken him on long intercity trips.

You could train him for car rides, slowly increasing the speed and distance gradually but not sure if it works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrodrive (Post 4932662)
An update on the prince. Sherdil is growing well and is now 8 months old and 5kg in weight.
Looks royal, doesn't he:)

Looks like a Bengal Cat. They are quite active in terms of running around if I recollect correctly.

Quote:

Any suggestions on this?

This is a post with great advice from @hserus

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatalli (Post 4949467)
Cute kiddo. A question back at you - why do you feel the need to take her in the car (other than vet visits, etc)?

My parents have a indie who loves to jump on to the car, but hates long distance travel and vomits if we go at higher speeds (>70 kmph). But apart from the occasional circle around the area to just appease him, we have stopped taking him on the car. He still jumps into the car every time we open the door though.

Everyone is happy with this arrangement currently. Although we would have loved to have the alternative situation where we could have taken him on long intercity trips.

You could train him for car rides, slowly increasing the speed and distance gradually but not sure if it works.

Well, so far we have taken her only to vet visits and once to nearby nursery as there was no one to be at home with her. Else, it is normal walks in morning and evening. My kids are there with her everytime we go.

I am now thinking how to train her for car rides. My love for long drives and road trips had gone for a toss as my kids also suffer from motion sickness. 😣